Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 10:29 PM
Default TS3-friendly capture tools?
Okay it's been fun, but I'm on my second 5 terabyte HDD now and I'm less than a year off from number 3. Fraps ain't cutting it no more.

I'm looking for a capture tool that records the game on my terms. No color grading issues, no changing settings. 4k 60fps like Fraps, if I want it, but configurable to record at a fraction of the bitrate. I'm getting about 25 seconds out of a gigabyte of video and it's ridiculous. I should be getting 5 minutes out of a gigabyte. That'd be acceptable. Any recommendations? OBS and ShadowPlay are both out of the question.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 10:37 PM
I think the filesize has a lot to do with the size your'e capturing. If you run your game at a high resolution and record ata very high quality, the video sizes will be bigger.

(Afraid I can't help with which program to use, because I don't record my games, but you may want to check out if it's possible to set the resolution, video size and quality in the program you do end up with.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 11:03 PM
I actually run my game at an annoyingly low resolution. 1080p doesn't offer me the detail or the smooth edges I need, but it's good enough for graphically intensive scenes that don't require extensive VFX. I'd like to do everything in 1440p but I think I'm a graphics card away from the game always running at 30 frames per second at 1440p. 2160p is something I only use when I really, really need it.
Either way, I need to be able to record it easily.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 1:02 AM
In my experience, it not only took way too much time and effort, it was also very prone to corrupting the video files. I'm sorry but even if I want to leave my PC on overnight to convert 45 minutes of video, I'd at least like it not to glitch out horribly.

insert signature here