Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 1:39 AM Last edited by undertheskyline : 9th Aug 2019 at 1:28 AM.
Default Butler Mods FOUND
Hello!

My sim recently married a burglar. Now, the butler won't stop calling the police. My sims are getting fined for a non-emergency call and I don't know how to make it stop. I already fired the butler for the time being, but I would like to have him back eventually. Do you know of any mods to make this behavior stop?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 2:09 AM
I think this fixes that issue http://cyjon.net/node/240 I'm not sure though as I don't use butlers. Instead you might like this all in one https://modthesims.info/d/286864/al...nny-090429.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 4:37 AM
Ooh, let's call @smorbie1 ---according to this thread, she had the same problem previously. She never did mention there whether the Cyjon mod MiddyMeep mentioned fixed the situation; that mod sure sounded promising to me! Anyway, now that you've got the issue too, undertheskyline, it'd be especially good to know what her experience was in the end.

If that doesn't end up working out for you, I'm a huge fan of christianlov's All-in-One custom NPC that Jo mentions. Very easy to use, still mostly compatible even with the UC, and runs on much better than Maxis logic, to boot. For much more detail on using those, check the end of my post here.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 4:35 PM
Calling the police is from the butler controller not the butler NPC which that mods effects.
The butler controller has an inherent flaw which causes it to self delete soon after starting, if the current hour is before it's start hour or after the NPC's knockoff time and there is no unattended children on the lot it'll self delete. The problem is that the butler starts and creates the controller at 7:00am but the controller's start time is 9:00am.
I made a mod to address that problem years ago and I've just added to it not calling the police on a burglar unless the burglar is in the service sim family and 'on the job'.
It's most likely the OP has a mod to fix the controller's early self deleting for it to exist long enough to push the butler to make phone calls, if so then this will conflict with that.
CJH_ButlerControllerFix.zip (701 Bytes)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 4:48 PM
Fantastic, thank you, Chris!

Still would love to know from smorbie...did jo's cell-phones-only idea work either? Just in case we lose track of this mod from Chris or someone wants a no-mod workaround.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 6:00 PM
**leaps in from the side, heroes cape waving in the breeze. Sings****

"Here I come to save the daaay".

Up until now the only thing that has stopped the stupid butler from calling the police has been no lot phone. I gave the inhabitants cell phones as jo suggested. But, I'm going to give Chris' mod a try. THANK you, Chris. You are great. You should marry Midgethetree and come to work for me full time. I can't pay you, but you can pet my kitty cats.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 6:04 PM
*Applauds smorbie, the singing superheroine*

Thank you. So that's fantastic: now we have the no-mod workaround and Chris' mod as well!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 1:28 AM
Thanks everyone! Chris's mod is working great!