Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 1:44 PM
Default custom athletic major
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether a custom uni major for athletics exists. By default, the drama major prepares for this career, which I don't think really fits. Firstly because I don't think drama really prepares for a football career, secondly because sims won't improve their mechanical skill following this major. Right now, I use Phaenoh's major revamp (http://www.modthesims.info/d/460959...er-linking.html), which places the athletic career within the politics major. Although I love the revamp in general, I think the politics major is worse than the drama major.

What I would like to see is another major specifically focusing on athletics, therefore focusing on the body, mechanical and charisma (and logic?) skills. It could prepare for a career in athletics, military, criminality, dancing, and optionally show business. Another option could be a mod that would enable extra top-sport classes while following whichever major, just like in real life.

If such a custom uni major exists (or if anyone is willing to create it), does this add a major, or replace an old one? I don't want any default replacements, so if that's the case, then I just need to keep using the drama/politics majors

I already saw Cyjon's revised majors (http://www.modthesims.info/d/195055/revised-majors.html), but I don't want to use them. I like Phaenoh's revamp better and I don't think it's updated for the seasons careers.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 6:47 PM
Honestly, the way to get what you want with something this specific is to make it yourself. If you can run SimPE it's easy to do so, especially if it's just for your own use and you don't care about coming up with things like funny course titles and descriptions. All it requires is SimPE and the time needed to follow this well-made, easy-to-follow, step-by-step tutorial by Nysha. Majors are a lot easier to make than careers because they are so much simpler, and I think that anyone who can run SimPE can do it. If you can't run SimPE for whatever reason, then you're probably going to need to request this of someone who takes requests. I know that lientebollemeis takes (or at least at one time took) requests for custom majors, so perhaps contact them.

As for your question about all-new or replacement majors: both are possible. It just depends on how you set it up.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:29 PM Last edited by Simone95 : 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Honestly, the way to get what you want with something this specific is to make it yourself. If you can run SimPE it's easy to do so, especially if it's just for your own use and you don't care about coming up with things like funny course titles and descriptions. All it requires is SimPE and the time needed to follow this well-made, easy-to-follow, step-by-step tutorial by Nysha. Majors are a lot easier to make than careers because they are so much simpler, and I think that anyone who can run SimPE can do it. If you can't run SimPE for whatever reason, then you're probably going to need to request this of someone who takes requests. I know that lientebollemeis takes (or at least at one time took) requests for custom majors, so perhaps contact them.

As for your question about all-new or replacement majors: both are possible. It just depends on how you set it up.

Thank you I know about SimPE, but it scares me a little to use it. I'm afraid of messing my game up So I hoped something like it would already exist. But I guess I can always try

EDIT: I had a look at it and it says I need a graphics program that supports layers. Is there a free alternative for those programs? I got Paint, but I doubt whether that will work

I actually found a major that fits what I'm looking for: http://www.modthesims.info/d/251081/. And now I'm wondering how I've missed it. Though I still think it'd be fun to make one myself one time The tutorial looked indeed pretty easy.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 8:01 PM
It is very easy to make a major. And sort of fun, too. I think it'd be a pretty good first project to start getting comfortable with SimPE. (Which is a very useful program for many things and that can't mess up your game if you don't open up any of your neighborhood with it. And if you're still concerned, make a backup of your neighborhoods before you start playing around in the program. )

I'm pretty sure you only need a graphics program for making a nice-looking icon for the major, though. If you don't care about that, any scribble you can make in Paint will do. I'm a Photoshop person, myself, so I'm not really up-to-date about other graphics programs, but I think Paint.NET supports layers and is free?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 10:11 PM
GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is free and has layers, but not adjustment layers.
https://www.gimp.org/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Simone95 : 4th Jul 2019 at 4:51 PM.
Thank you both

EDIT: turns out I'm one of the persons not being able to use SimPE. I'm missing some buttons and some screens turn out black and/or don't load at all. Tried reinstalling, same result. Tried changing the compatibility to Windows XP and Vista, also same result. It's a shame, I wanted to translate the customs I downloaded to Dutch :/ Well, I guess I'll have to keep using the English then