Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 2:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default DropBox "Files Can't Be Previewed" issue
Recently, I've decided to redo the defaults in my game. Using the default database, I've been able to make some progress. However, I've run into a problem with DropBox. For those defaults with links to DropBox, I am unable to download the file because "files can't be previewed". I've tried creating an account. I've tried clearing my history, my cookies, using incognito mode, and searching the DropBox Help section. So far, I've gotten nowhere. Has anyone here run into this problem and found a solution?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 4:07 AM
For me Dropbox always says that rar files can't be previewed. But the download button is still clickable. Are you not even getting a download button? Do you have a link to an example?
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 9:22 AM
Just out of curiosity, which browser are you using? Sometimes, depending also on the extensions/plugins you have installed, some websites might not work properly .I've spent years going on some old TS2 database where I couldn't see any picture, thinking they were all broken links. Then I realised it was my AdBlocker's fault...

Btw, just for reference, I'm using Firefox and, I'm quite sure I have an account with them, I'm not logged in because of CCleaner lol this is what I see when visiting dropbox:

random CC on dropbox - I'm putting this link because I'm sure is 100% working
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 10:53 AM
That's what a multiple file link looks like to me too. I've never needed to sign in though.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 12:50 PM
Click the circled "download" button seen in Drew's picture ("download to computer" or some such), from there you should be able to download the files.

I think there's also another download button on the page sometimes, but the one circled is the one that usually shows up for me. Also, I have an adblocker, and it doesn't remove the Download button.

Only picture files and some PSD files can be previewed, and sometimes the catalog of files found inside archives. Anything else gets the "files can't be previewed" treatment.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 5:52 PM
I get the exact same screen with google than the one in post 3 - just click the download button - the download will often have more than one file in it, since it may contain recolors and perhaps a mesh, but I have never downloaded more than what I intended to download?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 9:02 PM
It was as simple as clicking the download button.For whatever reason, I didn't spot it these last few weeks. I appreciate everyone's help, especially the picture provided by Drew. Thank you for patience!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 9:24 PM
Sometimes the download button hides as 3 dots (...) in the top right corner. Can be hard to spot, but as long as you know of the dots you'll be able to download.