Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 10:04 PM
Default Wanting to add tombs
So I know how to make a tomb, and I was thinking it would be cool to have various hidden tombs throughout my world that would eventually connect allowing for a different style of transportation. Anyway my problem is I'm not sure what should be discover-able in the tombs. I'm wanting whatever my sims find to be worth it, however I'm not sure if I want items such as the droppa stones to be discover-able. Any ideas would be fantastic... especially since I haven't done any tomb building since WA first came out. Thanks in-advance for the help and ideas!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 6:44 AM
I think this is a great idea. When I first started my Spider Islands I wanted to do a sequence of tasks. I remember there was some issue with the treasure chests so I had to give that up. I think I was putting keyes for the next location and then either the chest could not be opened or the keys were gone, or something. I hope you can do this. It would be fun to play.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 6:09 PM
Thanks, ooooh that sounds good. That's a shame about the treasure chests though. Same, I'm thinking of having the tombs connected obviously via dive wells. But I'm thinking if it will workout using also the L.L.A.M.A from SN. My biggest worry is that since the tombs will most likely be the very last lots I work on in my world, not quite sure yet which buildings will have tombs under them, that I'll end up remembering how to solve all of the tombs.

Putting this down so I won't forget for the millionth time, each in a separate hard to get to tomb I'm going to place; the Fountain of Youth, the Tree of Prosperity and the Grimm Reaper door.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:18 PM
It has been so long I do not remember much. I think the dive wells may work best and make it some work to reach one, and then the dive well is the only way to access the next lot? Then when the tasks are done add some standard doors to the lots so the whole sequence does not have to be done each time to reach the last lot interior and the other interiors.
Site Helper
#5 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 2:19 AM
Dive wells need to be set up carefully. If you make it just a regular warp well, it seems to go to a random destination. If you make it an uber warp well, it only goes to one destination, but then you will need another way to leave if you want to go home.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:32 PM
Oh okay, thanks for the tips. I haven't used dive wells that much, so all of the information you gave me will be of great help!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 7:37 AM
Dive wells are fun to do and should work well for you.