Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 5:09 PM
Default WCIF monocles for children?
I've seen a couple monocle mods out there, but none custom-made for children. If you know where I can find one (or if you're willing to make one), I'd love to hear from you. Frankly I'm kinda surprised I haven't come across any.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 4:42 PM
In TSRW glasses are evil and weird (for me, at least ), so I might have bungled these -- I don't have time to test them yet to know for sure though.
http://simfileshare.net/download/639890/
I cloned it from the Late Night butler ones.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
In TSRW glasses are evil and weird (for me, at least ), so I might have bungled these -- I don't have time to test them yet to know for sure though.
http://simfileshare.net/download/639890/
I cloned it from the Late Night butler ones.

Oh my gosh, it's PERFECT. Thank you so much!

Just out of curiosity, is there a way I can edit it in S3PE so I can have the option of having it placed on the left side vs the right? I only ask because the hairstyle I usually have this little guy in mostly obscures his right eye. No worries if not.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 10:04 PM
I knew I should've asked which eye, just in case.
In order for it to be on the other side, I'll have to flip the mesh -- my bad; I'll do another version.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:38 AM
I knew I should've asked which eye, just in case.
In order for it to be on the other side, I'll have to flip the mesh -- my bad; I'll do another version.

Oh, don't feel obligated if you don't have the time--I'm grateful as it is that you made it in the first place! :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 10:16 AM
Ohhh! I have always looked for this as well! Monocles for children! My historical world needs this. Ha, ha! And yes, I 100% agree that there ought to be a version for the left side and a version for the right.

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 12:56 PM
Here's the flipped version -- tell me if it turns out alright or not -- I can't see eff all in TSRW.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MurfeeL_EA Monocle for Kids - Flip.zip (92.0 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 9:42 PM
Here's the flipped version -- tell me if it turns out alright or not -- I can't see eff all in TSRW.

AAA THEY'RE PERFECT!!! His look is complete!

Seriously, I cannot thank you enough for this, but I'm going to thank you again. I'm sure it took some time, and me asking for a flipped mesh was probably a pain in the neck (or, y'know, elsewhere). I know you used an existing LN mesh, but as someone who completely lacks the know-how/necessary software to do something like this myself, you might as well have performed graphical magic, haha.

Do you plan to upload these officially to MTS (or elsewhere)? I'd love to be able to promo these on other forums/tumblr/etc. :D
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 5:42 PM
BOO YAAAAA~! I'm glad they turned out well -- they both looked a right mess in TSRW and I was sure they'd be crappy. Huh, what do I know. :P

Since they work, yes, I'll upload them to my simblr (Murfeelee.tumblr.com), once I'm not feeling egregiously lazy.

If you don't mind posting a Live Mode picture of your kiddies, and it's not too much trouble, I'll even use your pictures as the main preview pics!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:37 PM

Will these work? I didn't know what you'd prefer, so I tried to keep it simple. (I'm also sorry the backgrounds are so ugly--I plopped these guys in premade houses solely for these screenshots and they happened to be the ugliest houses known to man. )