Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#2376 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olc
i was talking overall not object by object.
and if the game is like 30 GBS with low res objects, if they where adding each object 2k res to be upscaled with filters to 4k what the game would be like 300 gbs... yeah i see people having a hard disk issue. sum all your games + a game of 300 gbs you need like a dedicated 500gbs/1 TB hard disk for gaming alone... and not everyone has crazy money to buy hard disks and games all at once...

You do realise there's huge game with very beautiful textures that don't take that much space, right?
Advertisement
Banned
#2377 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 101ita
You do realise there's huge game with very beautiful textures that don't take that much space, right?

GTA V has quite nice quality (even a bit outdated for 4k now adays) and is like 80 gbs. fine lets just say a good compression on the internal game files takes the game to be 100 gbs. its quite a stretch for a single game even if you say + all the expansion/stuff packs. plus all your games how many GBS are in total? in my case with the sims 4 with like 30 gbs i have a dedicated hard disk and i have used about 450 gbs in GAMES alone. the OS its on a different hard disk dedicated to hard disk and regular programs.
Banned
#2379 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Yeah GTA V has pretty good graphics. It makes use of clever lighting, sprites and parallax to give the impression of detail instead of just rendering every single string of grass and jacking up the texture resolution until they're forced to cut back elsewhere to keep your GPU catches fire. Even so they've had to make a lot of compromises, even when porting the game from old gen to current gen (such as removing cabin damage from cars).

I think a good example of the opposite is Burnout Paradise Remastered. It recently released on the current gen consoles and it's essentially just a $40 texture pack with 4K support for the original game (which already supports native 4K). This is what it looks like in a nutshell:

i get what you say, but still the sims 4 does not wanna raise their own bar so high the sims 5 will look the same as sims 3 so people complains "ow this is awful same quality dont we have better hardware and software now" if you hit a soft/hardware brick wall you hit it and you need to wait a few years to hardware and software to improve to improve the graphical quality.
in this way they suck as their wish for. less devs and less graphical artists = more sick EA money to the bank.
untill we stop purchasing the game and DLC they will keep doing whatever they wish to.
Theorist
#2381 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olc
untill we stop purchasing the game and DLC they will keep doing whatever they wish to.

You mean the DLC you are still purchasing purchasing?
Lab Assistant
#2382 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:16 PM
I may be going off the topic of what everyone else is speaking about right now but, I just purchased the latest Game Pack and I'm really enjoying it so far. But I'm getting some maaajor Bon Voyage vibes from the new world and it's genuinely making me a little sad when playing in this world that we don't have weather yet. I seriously hope that the next EP includes weather and that we're not just given some half arsed things that'll later be introduced in another stuff pack which should've been included in the EP in the first place. Although it does kind of confuse me as to why they'd release a game pack like this BEFORE a weather pack when weather could be a big factor in this new world.
Mad Poster
#2383 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
Jungle in snow? Don't see how that would work though. Would look out of place.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2384 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:55 PM
No worries! I can assure you that anything you get will be half-assed.

The EP team have only proven they can finish projects, not that they can make anything worth while.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2385 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:07 PM
There are other types of weather and seasons besides snow and winter. A jungle environment would work well with the same types of weather that came with Twikkii Island in Bon Voyage if Seasons was installed: intense heat and tropical storms with lightning and heavy rain.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2386 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:09 PM
Since we have a base game desert, some sand storms would be lovely. <3

Lab Assistant
#2387 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
There are other types of weather and seasons besides snow and winter. A jungle environment would work well with the same types of weather that came with Twikkii Island in Bon Voyage if Seasons was installed: intense heat and tropical storms with lightning and heavy rain.

Yeah, this is basically what I meant by it'd be nice if weather had an impact in the new world.

I know pretty much everything we'll get from EA will be half assed but with the recent uproar over the latest SP, I'd like to think they'd think twice next time
Mad Poster
#2388 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:11 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Mar 2018 at 10:26 PM.
My bets that they only learn not to release DLC for DLC. Nothing else other than that would change.
Mad Poster
#2389 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
Yeah, this is basically what I meant by it'd be nice if weather had an impact in the new world.
SneakyWingPhoenix seemed to be equating seasons with only winter and snow. Maybe I misunderstood him.

Quote: Originally posted by luxford
I know pretty much everything we'll get from EA will be half assed but with the recent uproar over the latest SP, I'd like to think they'd think twice next time
Yeah, think what the devs could do if they weren't hampered by the bad business decisions of greedy execs.
Mad Poster
#2391 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:19 PM
Developers themselves do seem not putting enough effort in their works. They wanna get their paycheck for little work as possible. May I remind the birds from Backyard SP, the toddler cereal noodle pit, the rodents and how they look, the grass in BB world that gave some people migraines? The Lack of polygon count pretty much shows it all.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2392 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
(...)
Yeah, think what the devs could do if they weren't hampered by the bad business decisions of greedy execs.
I really doubt that it was an exec who told them to put all their efforts into talking toilets, angry pooping, cat hats shaped like toast and trees that look like oversized feather dusters.
Theorist
#2393 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I really doubt that it was an exec who told them to put all their efforts into talking toilets, angry pooping, cat hats shaped like toast and trees that look like oversized feather dusters.

TBH, the execs would blindly tell them to do whatever the "focus group" data showed would make them the most money, so if that somehow said talking toilets and angry poops, they absolutely would...

The biggest problem is that the Sims 4 team surrounds themselves with yes men, which I assume also includes people chosen to participate in their focus groups. If you gather a bunch of lap dogs together and give them free shit they're going to love whatever crap you shove in front of them no matter how mind numbingly useless, childish, or shallow it is.
Mad Poster
#2394 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:41 AM
Theorist
#2395 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Well... what if the focus group data shows a desire for well-dressed zombies?

Consider it the next game pack, and another two stuff packs.
Mad Poster
#2396 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:21 AM
Theorist
#2397 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:35 PM
And neither of them with a wolf suit with a gun... 'cause violence?

Wolf suit is likely. One of the head designers is clearly a furry. We've gotten enough animal costumes to make it obvious.
Mad Poster
#2398 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 6:12 PM
Theorist
#2399 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:05 AM
Cool. I bet it won't look like the one I'm thinking of though... heheh...

Unless you're a 12 year old furry, I can guarantee it isn't.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2400 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:59 AM
I don’t think it’s a case of execs pushing them to include incredibly stupid addictions. I doubt execs case about the finer details like that, but likely care much more about broad picture and things that are trendy (that won’t be in 6 months).

It’s the senior devs (who aren’t the suits) that are the problem. It has always been said that on game development teams? anyone could design a game - technically yes, but anyone can also do art, but the quality will vary.

The team, from what they put out, don’t understand the Sims and what makes it interesting. If the team has a solid idea of what made the Sims fun, they wouldn’t need to resort to novelty additions, like several collections, multiple food dishes, overblown skills, superficial traits, etc..

This is in opposition to worthwhile features that have a degree of depth or something that’s at least somewhat complex in nature.

Page 96 of 185