Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2010 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Ameh : 6th May 2010 at 9:57 PM.
Default fallout 3 meshes in sims 2 or 3?
hey, not sure if this is posted in the right area. i'm trying to convert fallout 3 meshes to work in either sims 2 or 3. i've converted them to .obj but i don't really know what to do next, if anyone could help i'd appreciate it.

"No silicon heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?"
- Kryten, Red Dwarf
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th May 2010 at 4:18 AM
Hmmm, well I think you would go ahead and make your new package, import the cloned object in Milkshape, then import the .obj file. Move the object and resize it if you have to. Then go to the group tab and rename the .obj group to match the original Sim mesh. Delete the original Sims mesh and export the file as a GMDC file. I'm not sure you have to do that last part, but if the mesh groups do not match the groups listed in the shape file, the object won't show up in the game.

I'm sorry if this is confusing D:

lgfuad
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 8th May 2010 at 4:29 AM
You will want to follow the Tutorials:TS3_Basic_HowTo_Mesh_Guidewiki - it will cover everything you need to do for a ts3 mesh. Otherwise for ts2 Tutorials:Basic_Object_Creationwiki

And as side note, converted meshes from other games are not allowed on MTS unless you have written permission from the original game company.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2010 at 4:09 PM
thanks, and yeah they're for personal use i wasn't planning to upload them anywhere. (:

"No silicon heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?"
- Kryten, Red Dwarf