Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 11:42 PM
Default Lamps & colored lights
I'm not sure if I can explain clearly what I want to do. Well, there are some Maxis lamps with nice meshes but only one lightening option, like white light. I want to take the lamps and make other versions with the same meshes and textures but with other color options instead.
I suppose I need to make a clone with Sim PE, and change the values from the light files, but what else do I have to do to make them work correctly in game? Or should I give up because it's too difficult do do?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:26 AM
Well to change the lighting you would need to create them as new objects. The default lighting can be changed to have other looks. If you simply want other lighting options then plasticbox has created some overrides for some lamps, with some basic directions on changing which light it references.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=325490

Now overrides will be slightly different so you will have to read this and adapt to your custom object.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:15 AM
Thanks to your answer! I'll download this mod and try to use it.