Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2008 at 11:52 PM
Custom Cereal -Bowl and Plate
I'm trying to make a custom cereal. After I cloned the object, I recolored most of it; the cerealbox, milkbox, cereal in the bowl, and box of berries.

But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the texture on the bowl or plate. I've checked and dbl-checked that my package has the required map, but no matter what it doesn't seem to work in-game.

Do I need to do something specific to change these just this custom cereal?

Namasté.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 11:36 AM
Hi 73rd_survivor! Could you post a copy of the object here? It's a bit easier to diagnose problems if we can see the object.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 8:41 PM
-The other textures aren't done yet, but here's the gist of the problem:

Game object:

My object:

All the dishes are white. However, I replaced the White dish pattern in my object with something else; just like how I replaced the Ingrdients pattern with something else. The bowl/plate in my object should look different, but it doesn't. (see attached for object.package)

<hr/>

-I was looking over some other people's items; Most people use a global hack and change every single dish pattern. I'm only trying to change the pattern for a certain meal, and not all of them. IDK if what I asked about is even possible?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  dharma-brand-cereal2.zip (68.4 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

Namasté.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 1:48 PM
Ah, I see the problem! Have you tried this?
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=214858
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 10:11 PM
I did not look through that tutorial properly; there is a boilerplate suggesting the user learn about animating food first. (I haven't done any animations yet.)

I will look throught this one closer; and maybe I'll go learn about animations first. Thank you for your time!

Namasté.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 12:30 AM
No problems You don't have to know how to animate food to make custom plates, but it's a pretty good skill to have anyway.