Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Kitteeeh : 29th Mar 2021 at 6:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Would it be safe to replace default eye replacements ?
Hi ! I have some default eye colours in my game already but I would like to swap them out for some new ones. I've read that doing this can mess up Sim DNA but I couldn't find much more info on it, so would it be safe to just change them ? Thanks !
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 9:48 PM
Nah, default replacements just replace the regular Maxis eyes. If you take them out, your sims will just have the regular Maxis eyes again, if you replace them with a different default they will have those instead. What you can't take out is actual custom stuff.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 3:09 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Mar 2021 at 12:16 PM.
CC eyes can mess up sim DNA if removed, because without eyes the sim will get whatever eyes are painted onto their skin.

(Especially geneticized eyes, because they can pop up semi-randomly on sims, you forget you have them, you remove them because you don't like them, and suddenly a lot of sims don't have proper eyes - true story. Also skins... It's the reason why I don't use geneticized anything.)

Default replacements are perfectly fine to use - they're just texture replacements, and will not harm anything. Remove them and the EAxis eyes will return, or replace them with another set of eyes if you're tired of the old set you had.

CC eyes are also fine to use as long as you don't remove them. You can use SimPE to fix eyes if you accidentally or intentionally remove some CC eyes, though.

(CC skins too - they'll be visually replaced with the S2 skin if removed, but the genetics can potentially be a bit crappy after, so you'll want to make sure everything is fine)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 11:39 AM
Great that's good to hear - thanks !