Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 3:39 AM
Default Help with a customizable photo frame
So I've thought of a project that is unfortunately over my head, but I'm really determined to figure it out. I came across these customizable photos: http://aussietopenders-sims2.com/hackedobjects.htm. I'd like to have the functionality of the "Choose Image to Paint" of the verticle photo on a completely different frame. My idea is to have this on small square, horizontal, and vertical frames for easy family pictures without using simpe.

I've been trying to add this functionality to a cc frame I downloaded as a test but I'm stuck. When I change the photo in-game, the Choose a Painting dialog comes up, but the inside texture flashes blue (frame is ok). I assume I'm missing something that pulls the new texture into the game, but there is so much weird stuff in Lucas's modded picture that it's hard for me to tell what's missing.

Can anyone take a look at my modded file and give me some pointers on where I'm going wrong?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Annalea Poor Attempt at Functionality.zip (167.0 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 10:27 PM
Your package doesn't have the Change Photo and Change Photo - Test bhavs. What happens when you add those?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 1:52 AM
I've tried adding so many different pieces, it's hard to remember, but I think it made the whole item invisible. It was placeable but there was nothing there. I'll have to try again to make sure I'm not remembering something else.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 2:26 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 11:20 AM
That was what I tried first and it didn't work--all options disappeared except View. I was thinking about that last night because I might try that again now that I know a little bit more about how the pie menus work.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 1:26 PM
There is almost nothing wrong with it, the Materials text had the wrong value and apart from that I soon had it working just fine.
SH-Painting36.zip

I did add the 'View Many' to the pie menu though or you may get problems later. Without it when sims choose 'View Many' on another painting you may get a 'Tree table not found' error when they reach this one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 11:22 PM
Thank you so much! I compared your file to mine and I see the definition I missed. Fingers crossed I can replicate this on some other meshes. I really appreciate your help.