Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#151 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wangsiyunjocelyn
Hi guys I have a question about cc conflicts. I download and play this map and I love it so much! However, the train and the moving vehicles on the bridge are not there...I delete all my ccs and leave only files of the map and reload the game. This time the train shows up but the moving vehicles are still missing.
is there anyone having the same problem? And do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much!!

Do you have the overrides file in your overrides folder? Sounds like you might have something in the wrong place, if you have all required EP's. You did install all the cc, even the decrapped stuff? I didn't initially as I have all the EA content, but things didn't show up for me without installing the decrapped items. I would read the install instructions closely again if I were you, it's not the easiest one to follow and does require some attention, but I'm sure it's just a case of something in the wrong place. Good luck
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Dumb question but do you have World Adventures? Both objects were cloned from it, I believe, to varying degrees and it may be required to support them.

Hi thank you so much for reacting to my question. I have World Adventures. I don't have pets, supernatural and into the future.
Test Subject
#153 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
Do you have the overrides file in your overrides folder? Sounds like you might have something in the wrong place, if you have all required EP's. You did install all the cc, even the decrapped stuff? I didn't initially as I have all the EA content, but things didn't show up for me without installing the decrapped items. I would read the install instructions closely again if I were you, it's not the easiest one to follow and does require some attention, but I'm sure it's just a case of something in the wrong place. Good luck

Hi thank you so much for reacting to my question. Yes I installed all the cc and put the override file in the overrides folder...I read the instructions again and it seems that I have followed every step...
Since I move all the other ccs excepts files of Boroughsburg and find that the train appears. I am wondering whether there is cc conflict. But I have use the tool on MTS to check the conflict and find no such results...
Mad Poster
#154 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 4:09 PM
What visual settings do you have on? I remember if you don't have advanced rendering on, the cars don't show up.
Mad Poster
#155 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 7:57 PM
I never figured out what Advanced Rendering does, exactly. Same with Animation Smoothing. I guess one enables some slightly fancier shader effects while the other does some sort of fuckery with the starts and ends of interaction animations?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 4:27 PM
Hi, I've been playing Boroughsburg for a while but only recently found this thread. First off, thanks jje1000 for making this wonderful neighbourhood. It's the most realistic/dynamic looking sims 3 world I've seen, and the choice to make it look like Brooklyn/Queens instead of Manhattan is a great way to handle the empty world/silent streets problem.

a few days ago, I encountered a bug, and I'm not sure if it's just my game or if it's something in this world's files. I turned the big lot in Redpoint to a dance club lot type, to start building an underground/illegal rave. Once I started deleting some fences and trees, the game froze up and quit. I made sure not to use the sledgehammer or eyedropper on the shell buildings btw. I've tried multiple times and deleted the cash files, the same happened. None of the other lots seem to have this problem as far as I'm aware of.

Also, I'm a bit confused about your last update on tumblr. I downloaded update2 a week ago or so, and the zip-file also included update 3 and 4 (gotham court and the church). Now I see that you put the 3rd update on your page(gotham court). Are these lots different to the once I'd already installed? on first glance they look the same.
Mad Poster
#158 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 5:47 PM
@still-playing-sims3
Thanks! There was a disclaimer in the description that the shells have a problem where they crash the game if you hover over them with the sledgehammer/eyedropper. This is a strange issue from TSRW, and while there's no actual gameplay impacts, I would still keep that in mind while building- deleting the shells using the hand tool while building and replacing them later (the shells can be found in the buydebug menu) is the safest bet. It's an issue that will be looked into again later, but there's still some stuff on the plate that needs to be dealt with first.

Also, fixed that mistake with the files- those files were included accidentally- would recommend downloading Update 3 as well as there have been some changes (routing, object) made to Gotham Court, Update 4 will come in the future as there's still some finetuning that needs to be done. In the meantime, I suppose you can enjoy the church!

Also, current update for Boroughsburg:

A NYCHA-style housing project.

http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...urg-cc-update-3
Theorist
#159 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:49 PM
That's great. Has the original CC file remain unchanged, and you just add the extra files for the extra stuff?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#160 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:40 PM
You just import them using S3PE.

When the final filled-up version of the world is released, the CC package with all the world content will be re-released as well.
Theorist
#161 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 10:46 PM
So how about my edited version? I can just import my OBJD to get the new pricing / categorization or it will need to be done fresh?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#162 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
So how about my edited version? I can just import my OBJD to get the new pricing / categorization or it will need to be done fresh?

You can still probably use your edited version, but there's just going to be tweaks here and there to improve the CC quality. Object IDs will likely stay the same for the majority of the content, so pricing and categorization should be safe.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 4:22 PM
Oh that might be what's causing the problem. I did read the disclaimer but probably remembered it wrong, I thought only clicking on the shells would crash the game.

Hahaha ok, in that case I'll download the new lots. It was nice to get an accidental preview tho, and the church looks great as well
Mad Poster
#164 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 12:30 AM
I promised myself I wouldn't be relying on your assets in the production of my Bridgeport'88 episodes, you know, even though there's plenty of overlap in terms of theme and setting, but you've made that too damn hard. I haven't quite tried yet but I strongly suspect your decorative assets will help me A LOT in creating realistic street scenes.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#165 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 1:20 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 8th Apr 2019 at 1:37 AM.
Quality is quality! While the props were made specifically for Boroughsburg, they should be adaptable enough for people to use in any world.

I was actually considering a 50-60s and a 80-90s version of Boroughsburg a while back, since it could simply be done by editing the skyline (think of the WTC in the skyline) and a few props (i.e. switching out cars & billboards).

Unfortunately got much on the plate at the moment, so it's one of those 'maybe' projects.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 1:48 AM
Would be cool. I've definitely considered doing mesh edits on the Boroughsburg skyline to adapt it for the series, but I don't see any particular reason for it to be visiting New York City. Aside from the sedan model that can be found around the world, all the other vehicles are believable enough as 80s vehicles unless you look at them too closely.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Just a mini-release for the Deco Windows so people grab these earlier on to build lots with. These match windows from University Life and are perfect for apartment buildings where the hiddenroom marker makes normal windows useless:

Has reflective and illuminated maps for the day and night cycle:

Very low-poly and also greatly improves the appearance of unloaded lots, allowing buildings to better blend with their surroundings:

Use the CaST tool to select different window patterns before editing the final textures. Also, a small FYI, you will need to reload the save game after placing them for the windows to properly appear on unloaded lots.

These windows can be found in BuyDebug > Misc - filter for Custom items to find them easily.

I've installed them, but I can't find!
The same's happening w/ the Gotham towers windows!
(And yes, I've followed every step, even on the finding)
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 9:48 PM
@MW_thesism3
Did you use the "buydebug on" cheat? They are only available in the debug menu, as far as i can see. And did you type "testingcheatsenabled true" first?
I often forgot about that to be honest...
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
@MW_thesism3
Did you use the "buydebug on" cheat? They are only available in the debug menu, as far as i can see. And did you type "testingcheatsenabled true" first?
I often forgot about that to be honest...

Yes, I did both things, as always
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 11:42 AM
I tested them in game a few minutes ago and they also do not show up for me. I opened them in S3PE and added "show in catalog" in build/buy category. After that they are available now (:
Mad Poster
#171 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 5:26 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 14th Apr 2019 at 5:45 PM.
I'll take a look into it, currently trying to make some further adjustments to the windows to improve their use.

Some build notes- looking for an 'old school' gym (housed in a old warehouse like this or this) for 22 Newtown St. + fight ring (maybe in an adjacent abandoned warehouse?), some edits to 13 Newtown St. to add a grow-op warehouse beside the existing rabbithole (similar to this), and a strip club on 5 Gowanus Ave (sort of based around this).

Map
Mad Poster
#172 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 6:24 PM
Speaking of old warehouses, do you have any underground clubs or anything yet? The best spots are the ones that used to be something else.....warehouses, cinemas, firehouses....any major city will have a bunch, especially in New York. They won't be as cool as they used to be (25-30 years ago) but they'll be there.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#173 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 7:42 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 17th Apr 2019 at 3:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Speaking of old warehouses, do you have any underground clubs or anything yet? The best spots are the ones that used to be something else.....warehouses, cinemas, firehouses....any major city will have a bunch, especially in New York. They won't be as cool as they used to be (25-30 years ago) but they'll be there.

Not yet, but 3 South Side St might be a good place for a warehouse club.

Quote: Originally posted by MW_thesism3
I've installed them, but I can't find!
The same's happening w/ the Gotham towers windows!
(And yes, I've followed every step, even on the finding)

@MW_thesism3 Updated the windows here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...161#post5517161
Mad Poster
#174 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 10:50 PM
Mad Poster
#175 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 11:07 PM
Woah, what kind of decorative pieces are you using on that? If I didn't know better I'd say that's EA content circa Maxis taking over development of TS3. That's some good stuff.

insert signature here
Page 7 of 13