Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#11651 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 12:15 PM
maybe I behind the times but...

you can put cut gems on plants with sticks..such as life fruit, buzzberry, tomato, etc
Advertisement
Scholar
#11652 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 8:25 PM
Well, this might not come as a surprise to you but I have not been playing for so long so I have not discovered all of the glinches yet. But here is a few I had today...

My vampire girl Zedona Loretz (from Moonlight falls) keeps getting "love letters" (gift wrapped boxes) from her girlfriend who she did meat in college. But they lives on the same lot now so why does my sim get this boxes?

As a celebrity Zedona keeps getting invitations to partys but this partys are always very lame. There is absolutly nothing happening what so ever and at one of the partys the sim was not even home, it was just her husband and the kid. Very strange.

I did play an other family who are living in the Bridgeport area. They also do get a lot of invitations to partys but for some reason they always get the phonecall hours later then the message shows up. This means that if the sims wanted to go and waited until the phonecall comes they will be 2-3 hours late.

And this cellphones do their best to drive me nuts. We all know that the "chance cards" in TS3 is delivered by phone. But even if I let my sims igonere the phonecall the "chance card" still pops up.

It's possible that this issues were fixed in a patch but I got the disc version of the games and I don't think they can be patches more then 1.69
Forum Resident
#11653 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 2:54 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that the firefighter uniform (the one you wear while on a job, not the one at the firehouse) in the Ambitions trailer is completely different to the one we actually got, which I think is just the base game uniform anyway. Curious as to why they ended up not using it. I wonder if it's still in the files anywhere. I kinda like it compared to the regular one.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#11654 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 3:02 AM
Pangu's Axe lives up to the hype! I love this thing.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#11655 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 4:08 AM Last edited by igazor : 1st Sep 2019 at 10:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
And this cellphones do their best to drive me nuts. We all know that the "chance cards" in TS3 is delivered by phone. But even if I let my sims igonere the phonecall the "chance card" still pops up.

It's possible that this issues were fixed in a patch but I got the disc version of the games and I don't think they can be patches more then 1.69

Some of them will, some will not. We never know which opportunities we are missing by not having our sims answer their phones. But very often it just seems more important to let them keep sleeping or whatever other things they were doing.

Parties at other sims' houses have always been lame. It is possible (but a lot of work and it takes some luck) for our active sims to kind of take control and get anyone who happens to be there to have a good time, but I usually just don't bother. If my sims want to see a great party, I have them throw one themselves.

Patches 1.66 (which we rarely see anymore), 1.67, and 1.69 are all the same as far as the game files are concerned except for their internal build numbers and one trivial change between 1.66 and 1.67. There were no further patches or updates for any kind of installs; that "was all she wrote."
Instructor
#11656 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 1:14 PM
A bunch of cc from my game randomly decided to do a disappearing act and deleted itself/vanished into thin air What the hell? I haven't been doing anything in build/buy mode for some time now so I have no idea exactly when it disappeared and for whatever reason I didn't get the missing objects message and they weren't replaced, just leaving empty spaces Of course it had to be some of my all time favourite deco clutter so that it leaves missing things in roughly 80% of every lot I've ever built/decorated/renovated. Even weirder that it was all stuff by the same creator (that I've seen - might be even more missing) - my game might have it out for them. I'm so pissed.
Scholar
#11657 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 2:27 PM
enable_llamas: Gives you a love and hope that it makes you feel better. I hope you finds out what happend.
Instructor
#11658 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
enable_llamas: Gives you a love and hope that it makes you feel better. I hope you finds out what happend.

Thank you, idk if there's a way to find out why it did that, just re-add the stuff and stop being too lazy to do a proper backup again. I just thought that kinda thing happened only with the damn launcher but apparently cc magic's not exempt either.
Lab Assistant
#11659 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Thank you, idk if there's a way to find out why it did that, just re-add the stuff and stop being too lazy to do a proper backup again. I just thought that kinda thing happened only with the damn launcher but apparently cc magic's not exempt either.

I'm not sure how you have CC Magic set up but have you checked the Configurations tab? Make sure any of the sets you want to load are on the Enabled Sets side of the screen (the left) and not in the Disabled Sets section on the right. Whenever you create a new 'Set' it always goes into the Disabled Sets section by default.

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Instructor
#11660 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 8:28 PM Last edited by enable_llamas : 2nd Sep 2019 at 8:55 PM. Reason: typos
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
I'm not sure how you have CC Magic set up but have you checked the Configurations tab? Make sure any of the sets you want to load are on the Enabled Sets side of the screen (the left) and not in the Disabled Sets section on the right. Whenever you create a new 'Set' it always goes into the Disabled Sets section by default.

Yeah I know that, they weren't in disabled sets or disabled just by themselves, they'd straight up vanished. I checked CC magic's cache where all the files you put into it regardless of set, configuration or being enabled are stored and there was no trace of them. They weren't in sets by themselves either, just a random 5-6 items from 2 of my main buy objects sets that I use for all configs (except testing ones). Cue Twilight zone music. I've had that happen before once actually when the store bakery disappeared (just the register and racks/displays) but that was pretty easy to spot since I had Cupcake in and it immediately crashed the game... I chucked that to having packaged store content but apparently regular cc isn't safe either.

Moral of the story is do your backup in a timely manner, kids, or you'll be stuck having to sort out 8 billion scattered files, which isn't fun at all.
Mad Poster
#11661 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 8:30 PM
I found out today that if you don't check your game to make sure everything's been saved after you've left your PC running for several days, there's a fair chance you might lose progress. Really, I could've sworn this lot had floors and a decked out entrance when I last saw it.......

.....also, 40x40 kind of isn't a lot when you're building almost entirely with the Sharper Edge Skylights set, where every piece is 3x3 and you're stacking them in a large pyramid shape. It all looked smaller in Demolition Man...

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11662 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 10:34 PM
The stupidest trait incompatibility is.... Cat Person/Dog Person. Of All the things! They don't specify that cat people hate dogs or vice-versa. The trait "hates dogs" or "hates cats" would make more sense as a trait incompatibility especially as those that hate cats always seem to think there's some virtue in it. I'm a cat person, but I still like dogs, just not as much as cats.

Scholar
#11663 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 7:13 PM
Cowardly sims have fewer flirt options before going steady. They don't have "kiss," "amorous hug," or any of the more interesting interactions until they have asked the object of their affections to be theirs. It makes sense, but "unflirty" sims have more options.

Forum Resident
#11664 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Cowardly sims have fewer flirt options before going steady. They don't have "kiss," "amorous hug," or any of the more interesting interactions until they have asked the object of their affections to be theirs. It makes sense, but "unflirty" sims have more options.

It makes sense though. I've always seen unflirty as the type that would know how to flirt, they just don't because they see it as gross/a waste of time. But just because they don't like romance doesn't mean they can't flirt. Meanwhile, cowards are extremely close to the type of people who would be considered timid. They don't necessarily not want to do something, they just don't have the courage to do so.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#11665 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 9:13 PM
The stupidest trait incompatibility is.... Cat Person/Dog Person. Of All the things! They don't specify that cat people hate dogs or vice-versa. The trait "hates dogs" or "hates cats" would make more sense as a trait incompatibility especially as those that hate cats always seem to think there's some virtue in it. I'm a cat person, but I still like dogs, just not as much as cats.

I found the incompatibility of [Specific] Person to Animal Lover to be weirder. Like, why are you saying this is bad? They love all animals, which includes your preffered type, why are you getting so annoyed??
Mad Poster
#11666 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 10:36 PM
The way I see it, Cat and Dog People love cats (or dogs) exclusively, to the point where they do not like being around other pets or even to some extent humans. They are not Cat Lovers and Dog Lovers, they are Cat People and Dog People. The logic resonates with me, but the trait names are not very well chosen and perhaps they are not translating well. I see a Cat Person as preferring to live alone with their 12 cats in a 13-bedroom mansion and have very little human or other forms of contact if given the chance.

Someone who loves animals generally is an Animal Lover, including those who have a distinct preference for cats or dogs.
Field Researcher
#11667 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 4:30 PM
I don't think I've posted this before. Children/teens can listen to a tab cast from the store's tablet while at school. Just have them start it before they get on the bus in the morning and they will continue to listen while they are in class.
Mad Poster
#11668 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 4:33 AM
Not so much in game discovery, but my Windows 10 PC has the capability to capture video footage and the footage for The Sims 3 had a reddish hue. Better calibrate that some time in the future.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#11669 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 8:27 AM
I discovered that all the crap inactive sims have in their inventories makes for a huge amount of lag! I moved in my YA sim's two besties to live with her so that we could do a back packing world tour thing. Both girls were born in game and have at least one dead grandparent and parent. Suddenly my family inventory was stuffed with nannites, minor pets, gems, cameras, computers, wands, vehicles, drum sets, and strollers. I ran a MC inventory purge and now that file is running so much better! It's like a new file!

How do you make a MC inventory purge? Can I do it one one go for all the town? My sims accumulate a bunch of unnecessary stuff like boat-taxis, cheap cars, high school diplomas (what are they for?!) that I really want to get rid of, but I prefer not to deal with them one by one.
Scholar
#11670 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 12:39 PM
City Hall > NRAAS > MC > Town > Objects Stats > Sim, brings up a list of all the things in people's inventories and you can purge them.

City Hall > NRaas > MC > Sim > Basic > Sell Item, clears things up by selling them

Scholar
#11671 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 1:18 AM
I found the creepiest thing for a ghost to do. First time my founder has haunted us since being interred and what does she do? Rocks slowly back and forth in the rocking chair in the nursery while smiling creepily at the babies. Totally freaked me out because I could hear the haunting sound and couldn't locate her and then heard the creaking rocking chair. I'm gonna make a small lot and put her in it!

Mad Poster
#11672 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 1:44 AM
I found the creepiest thing for a ghost to do.

Maybe this is one of those "You had to be there" moments, but a deceased family founder visiting with and smiling approvingly at their great great (etc.) grandchildren is creepy? I think it sounds wonderful and she can handle the 3 am feedings, diaper changes, and cuddles if she loves babies that much.
Scholar
#11673 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 2:48 AM
I couldn't find her and was panning around the house trying to figure out where she was and when I heard the creak of the rocking chair and saw something move out of focus and slightly out of frame. When I panned over, she rocked back and smiled looking directly at the camera with those sightless ghost eyes. I jumped.

#11674 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 8:59 PM
The OMSP only can only go so high up before it does a disappearing act, along with whatever is on it at the time.
Scholar
#11675 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 10:39 PM
That the reason my pictures on my saves keeps disappearing is because I put tents into a WA trunk.
What kind of weird glitch is this!

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Page 467 of 490