Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Origin load error
I played Sims 3 for a while after installing the new Origin patch the other day and had no problem opening the Origin launcher. My game was crashing with the 00905e97 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found error on several crashes (Errortrap wasn't catching it). When I looked it up, someone suggested updating my graphics card, so i went to ATI and updated my Radeon drivers. Now I'm getting and error from Origin that my hardware is not compatible and to update, but the link they give me to check what I need is broken. I contacted EA and posted a dxdiag and msinfo report for them, I did a clean boot, tried starting the game offline, restarting the computer, re-downloading Origin and now I'm waiting for EA to email me from their "escalation" department. I've had good luch talking with everyone on these forums. Hopefully you have some ideas

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160902-0600)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP ProBook 4540s
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8074MB RAM
Page File: 3648MB used, 12496MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Let me know if you can use more info.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 9:24 AM
I can't tell what's wrong based on only the information provided, sorry. But I can tell you what isn't, you were pursuing the wrong error. "DasmX86Dll.dll not found" is not a game error, it is an error in the crash log reporting system. Just about all TS3 crash logs say this, it's meaningless.

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2013...l-dll-not-found
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 9:15 PM
That was one of the sites I read before updating the graphics card. Since that particular error is used as somewhat of a placeholder, I took the chance on it being a graphics thing. My card did need the update, but Origin is still giving me problems. I've made sure that Windows is up to date, tried running Origin in compatibility mode, and now the only thing left that EA suggests is a complete reinstall of Sims. If Origin won't run, I don't know how that will help the situation.

The error from Origin says "Sorry, your machine isn't able to run Origin because it doesn't meet our hardware specifications or your hardware drivers need to be updated. For more info please check our Install Origin help article." The Install Origin article is a broken link and I have updated all of the drivers :/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 12:57 AM
What graphics card do you have? Can you roll back the driver update, it may not have been the right one for your model. It sounds like at least before you could get into the game whereas now that's not even remotely possible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 5:00 AM
It's a Radeon 7650M. I can check the the website and see if there are previous versions available or maybe ask for help there. It seems like that's the problem. I went down pretty much the entire driver list and checked for updates. The graphics card was the only one that needed it. I wrote back to the EA help person but he hasn't responded as of yet. I guess tomorrow I'll look into an earlier driver...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 12:55 AM
I contacted AMD for support and suggestion on the best driver and haven't heard back yet. I tried the "Rollback Driver" option in device management but that didn't help. I'm really relishing the days when Origin was not dictating my gameplay... :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 4:39 AM
*Fixed* After waiting patiently for AMD to write back to me and getting no response, I decided to do more investigating. I went to the computer manufacturer website and found their page for my computer and downloaded drivers from them. I lost all of my game settings but its working... Hopefully that dll error will quit too. Thanks for your help.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 7:53 AM
Glad you found your solution! And don't worry about having lost all of your Game Options, that happens to all of us whenever the graphics drivers change (upgrade, downgrade, doesn't matter). There aren't likely to be a lot of updates for that card in the future, if any, so you might be safe from that for quite a long while. Hope you can enjoy your game again.