Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:13 AM Last edited by Snufflepaws : 23rd May 2016 at 5:51 AM.
Default Been on hiatus. Now editing any package makes it faulty.
Bear with me. This is quite a complicated issue regarding GMDCs of packages.

Before I stopped playing for a few months, I was working on several projects. The half completed packages remained in my Downloads folder and previously worked and loaded in the game just fine (they still do). Now that I've come back to TS2 and want to resume these projects, I'm noticing that touching the GMDC area of any of those packages stops them working and causes the game to crash on boot up, specifically when it says "over waxing banisters". I've had this problem before and the culprit was always forgetting to fix integrity or a broken model name somewhere. I've checked all this, looked at the scenegrapher, checked advanced mode is ticked, everything looks correct.

Next you'd think the problem was the new updated mesh or its mapping, but if I go to create an entirely new package and import the same updated mesh, that package does work. So there is nothing wrong with the new information being put in, but something is still causing pre-existing packages to become broken when that valid information is added.

True, I could start all projects from scratch again and make new packages for each, but then I'll be wondering, do these packages work for others or just me? I'd like to instead know what is causing my packages to become faulty as soon as I update the mesh. Am I simply forgetting some vital step? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:50 AM
Ugh, I swear I always figure out my own problems 5 minutes after posting about them. I intentionally left this issue to my own devices for a couple days for this very reason, but I still only just worked it out.

Turned out I shouldn't have been fixing the integrity at all. Importing the new mesh and saving keeps the package working. Fixing integrity was breaking the packages. Guess I've forgotten a lot since being away.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:25 AM
I often do that too -solve my own problems lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Guess I've forgotten a lot since being away.

I hear you!!!! This is so frustrating huh?
I told myself to never do this again : not finishing a project. lol
Because then when you come back to it much later....you aren't as ready as you were when you left it.
AAAhhh..creationingz...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:29 PM
Yep! I'm also taking on a C# course, so my brains all over the place trying to learn different computer stuffs.