Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 8:09 PM
Default Second Chances

Alexandra O’Mackey stood in front of the familiar house on Huckleberry Lane. It had been a while since she’d lived in this house, the same house she’d walked away from some time ago.
“I’m such a bad mother,” she moaned to herself as she pressed her hand to her forehead. She’d left her husband and daughter to pursue the life of a dread pirate, and she could still hear little Jules’ voice saying, “Mommy, where are you going? Daddy, did I do something wrong?”
She’d tried not to hear that as she made for the cab that was to take her to her new life. But it had bothered her. It had bothered her so much that to ease her conscience she’d called Gabe, her ex-husband, on a regular basis. At first he’d been unwilling to talk to her, which was understandable, but Alexandra persisted. She wanted to know how her daughter was doing.
Then Jules, now a teenager, had called and said that Gabe had a new girlfriend, one Patricia Wan--and that she hated the woman. “She is so prissy and overbearing, Mom,” Jules had said. “She really came on to Dad--and you know how shy he is. She’s all wrong for him.” There had been a pause. “Mom--please, come home! I need you!”
Alexandra had been unable to take anymore. Life at sea was not what it was cracked up to be. She was leered at and sometimes harassed, and she found herself missing Gabe terribly--it took something like this to make her realize what a sweet, gentle man Gabe was and that she had taken that for granted. And she’d bristled at the idea of some other woman taking her place. It was then that it hit home that she’d made a horrible, selfish mistake, and that she had to correct it.
Fortunately, she and Gabe were on friendly terms, if nothing else for the sake of their daughter. Straightening up, she walked into the house she had once called home.

Gabe O’Mackey was lost in thought, but he snapped out of his reverie when he saw his ex-wife walk in the door. “Jules--your mother is here!” he said.
“I asked her to come,” said Jules as she headed for the bathroom.
Gabe let out a sigh. “I’d better call Patricia and let her know about this situation,” he said. Truth be told, he was reluctant to pursue anything further with Patricia, since he still missed Alexandra. He was sure that he was in love with Patricia, but cautiously so. She’d been hinting that she might want to get engaged, but Gabe was not so eager to rush into a second marriage, especially since Jules detested her, and all Gabe wanted was harmony in his home. Jules was upset enough as it was at the idea that she might have a stepmother.

As he talked with Patricia on the phone, Alexandra walked right by him and up the stairs, presumably to change clothes; she still had on her pirate’s overcoat. “I’ll explain everything when you get here,” he concluded. “See you in a few.”
Jules was out of the bathroom and headed for the loveseat. “Jules, let Patricia in when she arrives--and behave yourself,” Gabe told her as he headed for the bathroom.
Soon Patricia was coming up the walk. Jules went out to greet the raven-haired woman, who was clad in a yellow overcoat. “My mother’s here,” Jules said by way of greeting before she went back in to fix some chef salad for dinner.
“So I heard,” Patricia muttered as she followed the red-haired teenager inside.
By then, Gabe had seated himself on the loveseat, and he looked up to find Alexandra looking down at him, dressed in the blue-and-yellow sweatsuit she’d always worn. He thought it looked good with her red hair and bright blue eyes, though he’d always thought she should dress in something nicer.
He stood up. “I really missed you, sweetie,” she said flirtatiously.

He was bowled over. He really missed her too, but didn’t know if he should say it. After all, she had hurt him and Jules by leaving. But it wouldn’t hurt if he didn’t love her….
He didn’t really have time to think about it, because out of nowhere Patricia was slapping him. “You two-timing skunk!” she shouted. “That woman left you!”

“Now hold on a minute! She came on to me!” he snapped.
“I didn’t exactly see you fighting her off!” Patricia pointed out in a huff.

“Maybe I didn’t want to!” he shot back. To make his point, he took Alexandra into his arms and kissed her lightly. He didn’t want to hurt Patricia, but with the way she was carrying on….
“Dinner’s ready,” Jules called out from the kitchen, a kind of smile in her voice.
Gabe shot a disgusted look at Patricia. As much of a spitfire Alexandra was, she didn’t fly off the handle like that. “It’s over between us,” he informed her. “Now if you want something to eat, Jules has dinner ready.”
“You are not going to come into this house and start ruling over my husband and daughter,” Alexandra informed Patricia just before she went into the kitchen to eat.

“So what really made you decide to come home?” Gabe asked as he and Alexandra sat at the round table to eat. Jules and a sullen Patricia were eating at the counter, and Gabe couldn’t help but think that Jules seemed a lot happier.
“I ask myself, what made me leave?” Alexandra sighed. “I thought life at sea would be glamorous. I was dead wrong.”
“Did anything--happen to you?” Gabe asked quietly.
Alexandra shook her head. “You know I can take care of myself. Gabe…I know you and Jules must hate me. I asked myself what could make me leave a caring husband and a sweet little girl. The answer--I was very selfish.” Tears came to her eyes.
“I trusted you. I loved you,” Gabe said, getting out the words he’d wanted to say to her. “You broke my heart and Jules’ too.”
“I’m sorry,” Alexandra whispered. “If you want me to go--”
“I think that’s the last thing Jules wants,” said Gabe. “You can stay here, since you have nowhere to go right now. Jules misses you terribly…she does all right in school, but she can do much better.”

“Do you miss me?” Alexandra asked.
“Why do you think I never proposed to Patricia?” Gabe asked in reply. “I guess I was hoping….”
“And you never were very assertive,” Alexandra said, smiling through her tears.
“I was going to explain it to her…but you came right out and said it,” Gabe said. He rubbed his cheek. “I just wish it didn’t sting so much.”

After dinner, Patricia went home and Jules was playing chess. “Alex--get showered up, we’re going to go check out the new downtown area,” Gabe told her.
“You two go without me,” said Jules.
Gabe and Alexandra put on their coats. As they walked to the newly-constructed downtown area, they talked. “I do want to reconcile with you, Gabe,” Alexandra said. “At least be on friendlier terms.” Tears came to her eyes as she pictured Jules as a child, clad in pink pajamas, standing at the door while Gabe tried to convince Alexandra one more time not to leave. Shortly after that Alexandra had broken up with Gabe.
“Well, I respect you for coming back and realizing what you did,” Gabe told her. “But my question is this: Can I trust you?”
“Yes,” Alexandra said in a small voice. “I want to make things right, Gabe. Sometimes I wake up hearing Jules asking me to come back…except I hear a little girl and not a teenager.”
“I know you care…otherwise you wouldn’t have bothered to call,” Gabe said, his tone pensive. “And I know that you have a conscience.”
“You’d better believe it. It’s declared all-out war on me,” Alexandra sighed. “I missed Jules’ birthday…I missed so many things. I want to make it up to you two somehow.”
“So now that you’re no longer a pirate, what do you want to do?” Gabe asked as they walked on.
“I was thinking…I always wanted to be a ballet dancer when I was a little girl. Maybe something in dance….”
Gabe nodded. “It’s more feminine, at least.”
They arrived at the One-Twenty-Five Café. Gabe turned to Alexandra. “Let’s make this a date,” he suggested.
Alexandra smiled. “I take it you’ve forgiven me?”
“I’m on the way there,” he said. “Let’s get a quick bite to eat--but not too much, I need to lose some weight. And I know you don’t particularly care for fat guys.”

Alexandra felt more at ease as their date progressed. Gabe was kissing her, flirting with her…and she was flirting right back. The longer the date went on that evening, the more Alexandra was convinced that she belonged with Gabe.
Before she knew it, Gabe was kneeling before her, just as he’d done years ago. Her eyes widened as he took out a ring and said, “Will you marry me--again?”

She didn’t have to think twice about it. “Yes!” she said. “But this is so sudden!”
“I’ve had time to think things over. I’ve always loved you and missed you,” said Gabe as he kissed her. “I just wasn’t sure if I could ever trust you again. But now we’ve had a chance to talk. Do you want to get married here?”
“No--at home. Let Jules be a witness,” said Alexandra. “I have a feeling that this will mean a lot to her.”
“Then let’s go to the clothing store and get some wedding clothes--and a nicer outfit for you,” said Gabe.

Jules was sitting at home, still playing chess, when her parents came back from downtown. Looking up, she saw that they were dressed in what appeared to be wedding clothes. Her deep blue eyes widened. “Let me get something decent to wear!” she said as she made for the upstairs bathroom, where the dresser drawer was kept.
“Hurry up, your father has work tomorrow!” Alexandra called, a laugh in her voice.
Jules came down wearing a flowered dress. Gabe and Alexandra exchanged vows and rings, and Jules clapped as her parents kissed each other, making it official. This was something she’d fantasized about since her mother left.
Who said dreams couldn’t come true?

A little later, Gabe and Alexandra were relaxing on the bed together, talking. “Do you want another child?” Alexandra asked suddenly. “Maybe Jules would like a little brother or sister.”
“Why not?” said Gabe as he leaned in and kissed her.
Much later, Alexandra clung to Gabe, feeling safe in his arms, as she drifted off to sleep. She was finally home.
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 3:04 AM
Nice.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 4:53 AM
You know I would not have thought of this. I rather like Patricia Wan. So to have Jules hate her and cast her as a homewrecker in the younger O'Mackey wouldn't have occured to me. But it's a good angle. I'm curious what his brother and Rose are going to think about this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cappyboy
You know I would not have thought of this. I rather like Patricia Wan. So to have Jules hate her and cast her as a homewrecker in the younger O'Mackey wouldn't have occured to me. But it's a good angle. I'm curious what his brother and Rose are going to think about this.

She cured herself of plantsimism and they broke up. LOL

You know, I used to write fanfic all the time for different fandoms...this is the first Sims-based story I've attempted.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
She cured herself of plantsimism and they broke up. LOL

I guess that kind of helps the problem of Riverblossom Hills being too interconnected. But I like Greenmans as they are. They are the family I feel the most love for in that neighborhood. Oh well, we have an interesting start here that has potential to go in good directions as well. Let's see what you come up with for the reunited O'Mackeys and how Patricia recovers.
Theorist
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 5:14 PM
Interesting story so far, looking forward to seeing where it goes! I haven't played TS2 in a long time so it's interesting to see Riverblossom Hills again.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 4:48 PM
This is a standalone. *sigh* Or it should be considered as such. My computer got fried, I got a new computer, had to reinstall, had a whole bunch of issues.