Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 1:45 PM
Trying to keep Sims prisioners but Overwatch won't let me
I want to keep some sims imprisoned, but Overwatch does not allow it to me because after a few minutes the sims are reset to their homes I assume.

Does anyone know if I can configure it so that it does not affect my household?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 6:42 PM
You can configure the settings to stop it from affecting your household by pressing on the city hall / overwatch / settings then clicking on affect active household to change it from true to false. If that doesn't work change the stuck check from true to false and that should fix it.
Site Helper
#3 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 10:34 PM
I believe you can also find something in the settings to disable the automatic reset of a stuck sim.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 12:27 AM
The Active Lot switch on Overwatch's settings is meant to be for the processes that switch off televisions and stereos so that situations where sims up very late at night at home enjoying these things do not get interrupted. Even with OW's Auto Reset on sims switched off though, the game itself as of one of the last patches (1.63 I think it was) has its own stuck sims mechanism and sometimes it's difficult to tell which force is resetting them. What might help a little is ensuring these sims have a decent amount of space to move around in and that their needs are kept at least somewhat attended to, but on a residential lot where they are guests but not necessarily overnight guests officially, I'm not sensing a high chance of success here.

This is why dates that wind up with "So I tied them up the basement (attic) when we got home" never really end well.

What would probably work out much better, although I don't know how long a prison term the OP had in mind so this might not make much sense for their storyine, is to add the sims to the household first so that tehcnically they are already "home."
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
... dates that wind up with "So I tied them up the basement (attic) when we got home" ...
... What would probably work out much better...
... is to add the sims to the household first so that technically they are already "home."
Excellent idea. I'm trying it out with Gunther and Cornelia, who are already home. They had been about to go the cemetery to make out, but, change of destination.