Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 5:52 PM
Default Tips to make a table less attractive.
I am pretty sure I'll have to redo my kitchen table, as I do not have a TTAB in it.
I made a table for a children bedroom set(cloned from an expensive one)...but as soon as that table is placed in the children's room, the whole family and guest will use it to eat, instead of using the one in the kitchen.
It was supposed to be for muffin eating (toy oven) or for pretend tea party...
How will I make sure when I redo it, that this kiddie table will be used only if near the sim about to eat?
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 2:33 PM
Sim's use a function for a surface instead of a pie menu. Look in the table's object functions and import the semi-global 'Function - Eating Surface - TEST' that it would use for eating surface and change that to private, change the object function(s) (if the table is two tiles you'll need to change both tiles) to use the private op-code instead of the semi-global. Add a line at the beginning to test if the table is in the same room as the sim and return false if not, that should make it only available to sims that are in the children's room when they begin to look for a table. You probably should do the same thing for 'serving surface' as well to prevent food from the kitchen being served up on the table.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 13th Apr 2019 at 6:17 PM.
Thank you so much. This will do perfectly.
Ok, so I tried following your instruction and failed. My sims now reset and loose their plate of muffin/food. Happens when my table would be selected by them as an eating surface i suppose.
I could just redo it using the less expensive kitchen table, but I'd prefer being able to follow your instructions! lol
Is there any small tutorial about this ?
@Chris Hatch

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)