Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 10:34 AM Last edited by pyooon : 26th Aug 2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Adding another information
Help with CASP packages and s3oc
Hello there!

I am currently in a bit of a confused state. If I'm posting in the wrong section, please help me find the appropriate place for it!

So recently I have tasked myself to unmerge some of my bigger merged files to do a cleanup. Turns out, past me from several years ago didn't save all her backup files and I had been struggling to find some closed down sims 3 sites. Thanks to this awesome community, I managed to find archives for some creators, but some others stayed lost forever. I then discovered a thread about S3OC and decided to try out to at least clone some of those old packages and unmerge them from the main package. Despite losing some thumbnails (nothing which can't be fixed) on OBJD objects, everything went well. Until I tried to clone CASP files.

See, I have several old clothes from backalleysims, and the website closed down with hardly any backup for the sims 3 on here. However, once I tried to clone some underwear, it took EXTREMELY long, and after a suddenly very laggy pc (which is usually quite fast) and a lot of patience an error pop up appeared : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. It then proposed to try and ignore the problem, but it just closed down S3OC and I ended up with a VERY heavy .package file with way more than just 1 casp object in it.

EDIT: I tried to do so with other CASP files from different sources, even tried it with packages i already have the source for. None of them worked!
SECOND EDIT : I tried it out with CASP packages that weren't in the merged file. It worked this time. Now i'm wondering if there's something corrupting my merged CASP files?

Did I do something wrong? Is it possible to clone casp files that are in a merged .package? I've been a bit lost and didn't find much online about it.

Thanks a lot in advance!