Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1679
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5364 (Who?), Viewed: 190542 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 12:58 AM #5351
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

It's a Grouchy effect, so kids (and adults) who build snowmen will build them with devil horns. I believe the important thing is who starts the snowman - if a Grouchy adult helped a Nice kid build a snowman that the kid had started, it would be a normal snowman, but if the Grouchy adult starts, it will be an Evil one.

I'm afraid I find most Veronaville lots completely unplayable without complete renovation. I admire people who can make it work - especially people with Seasons and without Perfect Gardens. The last time I tried to play Capp Manor the gardener would just go around in circles of despair and the only way to keep it from becoming an absolute wilderness was to influence visitors to do yardwork.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Yesterday, 1:30 AM #5352
gwynne
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
It's a Grouchy effect, so kids (and adults) who build snowmen will build them with devil horns. I believe the important thing is who starts the snowman - if a Grouchy adult helped a Nice kid build a snowman that the kid had started, it would be a normal snowman, but if the Grouchy adult starts, it will be an Evil one.

It's these little details that are the reason I'm still playing TS2.

Imagine if Maxis designers were still given enough time/money/latitude to make quality games.

...it seemed to be a game about watching other people sitting around the house, on a computer. It just seemed so lame. - Rod Humble on his first impression of "The Sims".
Old Yesterday, 6:15 AM #5353
BlueAlien
Instructor

Pregnant Sims can't change cat litter. Another of those lovely little details. I'd forgotten Jane Stacks was pregnant, and this was my first clue.
Old Yesterday, 6:22 AM #5354
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Contessa Capp has a marked resemblance to Miss Jane Hathaway. It makes me inclined to like her, which is completely unexpected.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Yesterday, 6:47 AM #5355
heroesandthieves
Lab Assistant

Took one of my families to Three Lakes and they are staying in a cabin that has a hammock; I discovered that there is a WooHoo option for it! I just about died laughing at the animation.
Old Yesterday, 8:07 AM #5356
Rosebine
Mad Poster

11 Achievements

I discovered that EA completely screwed up the wall masks on their Empire round window diagonal...
I think I will make a default replacement to fix this monstrosity.
EDIT:
Done! Not only the wall mask was off, but the meshes toO!
All fixed & better.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  ScrewUpFront.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  104.0 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  ScrewUpback.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  113.8 KB  

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi franšais !...surtout :0)
Last edited by Rosebine : Yesterday at 9:00 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM #5357
RoxEllen1965
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I honestly can't get past Beatrice and Benedick being siblings. As a long-time fan of "Much Ado About Nothing," seeing that squicked me so much I had to just exit out of the hood. I've never actually tried to play it.

Try looking at it this way then. The people of Veronaville are not Shakespearean characters themselves, but they are all great fans of Shakespeare and name their kids after the characters in the plays. Antonio Monty and his wife must have also been great fans of "Much Ado About Nothing."

Or you could simply rename the sims. There are lots of easy ways to do that.
Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : Yesterday at 12:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 7:25 PM #5358
Annorah
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Try looking at it this way then. The people of Veronaville are not Shakespearean characters themselves, but they are all great fans of Shakespeare and name their kids after the characters in the plays. Antonio Monty and his wife must have also been great fans of "Much Ado About Nothing."

Or you could simply rename the sims. There are lots of easy ways to do that.

If we dare play Strangetown with PT9's odd family tree, this whole Beatrice and Benedick issue is a piece of cake. And mind you, I am starving.
Old Yesterday, 8:01 PM #5359
Charmful
Link Ninja

12 Achievements

View My Journal

I found a new keyboard short cut. When using the rise terrain tool, if I push 'shift' it automatically changes to the 'lower terrain' function. Never knew it did that all these years.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Old Yesterday, 9:01 PM #5360
Rosawyn
Theorist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Antonio Monty and his wife must have also been great fans of "Much Ado About Nothing."

But that's the thing, I'm a great fan of "Much Ado About Nothing." And that's why I know Beatrice and Benedick shouldn't be siblings! That would be like a Harry Potter fan naming their children Ron and Hermione! Or a fan of Greek Myth naming their children Helen and Paris. Or a fan of the Lion King naming their children Simba and Nala. Or a Star Wars fan naming their children Han and Leia. Or a Superman fan naming their children Clark and Lois. I don't know if people do these things, but they shouldn't. It's squicky and falls into the "what the hell are you trying to say?" category. Might as well just name a brother and sister Jamie and Cersei and be done with it!

Yes, if I ever did get around to actually attempting to play Varonaville, I'd be changing those names. Not sure if I'd change others, but Beatrice and Benedick would be changed before I did anything else. Probably to Ophelia and Laertes
Old Yesterday, 9:51 PM #5361
Orphalesion
Forum Resident

Quote:
Might as well just name a brother and sister Jamie and Cersei and be done with it!

And it wouldn't even be impossible, Song of Ice and Fire was already 8 years old by the time Sims 2 was released. And the thing is still not finished. By now I don't even care anymore.

Quote:

Yes, if I ever did get around to actually attempting to play Varonaville, I'd be changing those names. Not sure if I'd change others, but Beatrice and Benedick would be changed before I did anything else. Probably to Ophelia and Laertes

If I ever got around to attempting to play Veronaville, I'd remake the whole town + inhabitants. I'm interested in the idea to recreate it according to my plans, but regrettably not enough to put serious effort into it. But sometimes I play around in CAS, creating the Capulets and Montagues and the various other families I'd populate the town with.

That's something I'd really love to have CAST in Sims 2, because it would allow me to dress the Capulets in Blue (and their allies in Green and Purple) and the Montagues in Red (and their allies in Orange and Yellow) It would add to the theme nicely.

Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM #5362
bbostic8
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Or a fan of the Lion King naming their children Simba and Nala.

This is only slightly relevant and sure to not make you feel better, but Simba and Nala are most definitely blood related to each other. There are only two males in Mufasa's pride in The Lion King, meaning Nala and Simba are either brother and sister or cousins. So naming your kids Nala and Simba is still very gross, yes, but not inaccurate.

Come Visit A Pleasant Place.
Old Today, 12:49 AM #5363
mdsb759
Top Secret Researcher

more accurately 2 alive males. there could have been more that existed before the start of the movie.
Old Today, 2:13 AM #5364
Rosawyn
Theorist

2 Achievements

Ok ok, so Simba and Nala are probably not the best example! Considering they're the same age, they're (most likely) at the very least first cousins if not simply half siblings. But...specifically for that reason I would not want a sibling set with those names!
Last edited by Rosawyn : Today at 2:28 AM.
Old Today, 3:29 AM #5365
Sketching
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Said lots of things I agree with but I had to cut for post length.

That reminds me that I haven't finished reading what I have of the series yet. Hmm...

Roast me alive, but I haven't played Verona(ville) without remaking just about everything in years, sometimes even starting from an empty version of the hood. I have back-ups with different iterations (so many ideas), but I often recreate several other Shakespearean characters as well as making most of them more accurate to their original counterparts. Not all of the game-shipped Capps and Montys are related either - so Hermia isn't Juliette's sister, Benedick and Beatrice aren't siblings, and so on. My game, my rules.

And ooh, you have the Blue Capulets and Red Montagues too? I can't imagine not doing it in my game anymore since they've been running around with those colors as well.

Also, since Simba and Nala are most likely closely blood-related (considering actual lion pride formation), it puts the deleted scene wherein Scar propositions Nala in a different light. Have fun, Rosawyn!

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Section jump: