Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6106
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6992 (Who?), Viewed: 279296 times.
Search this Thread
Old 11th Feb 2019, 7:31 PM #6976
terula8
Instructor

I discovered a method for making all the adorable pushchairs and prams and things useful!

My sims can't push their infants, but I do have the toddlers-on-community-lots mod. It occurred to me that these non-pushable pushchairs are SUPER useful for this. I put one in the proud parent's inventory (whichever parent is taking the munchkin shopping), and when they get to the community lot, before baby can make their way to god knows where and start pestering strangers on the street for attention, I yank the pushchair out of inventory, plunk it down and have mum or dad insert the infant. Then, using moveobjects, I can move the pushchair with the baby in it to whichever bit of the shop mum or dad needs to be in to get their shopping done.

Baby remains contained, gurgling and cooing, or raging like a tiny rain monster - just like in real life - while mum or dad shops in peace. And, like in real life, the damn thing takes up space and forces every other sim on the lot to go around.

I love this method so much I had to share in case anyone else is like me and prefers for their sim's children to only befriend adults that their parents actually know or that they are related to. I'm ruthlessly protective of my sims' relationship panel, but I want the sproglets to be able to have a life off their home lot too. This solves that problem.

Tried and tested with Erin and Ajay Loner and their adorable tot Savannah. She actually was perfectly happy in her pram, so Ajay was able to get clothes for the whole family (he rolled a want) and I couldn't have been happier.
Old 11th Feb 2019, 11:07 PM #6977
simsample
strange quark

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Great idea @terula8 !

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will -RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites, the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Old 12th Feb 2019, 9:28 PM #6978
terula8
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Great idea @terula8 !

Thanks!! :D
Old 12th Feb 2019, 10:12 PM #6979
omglo
Theorist

4 Achievements

Sims are happy to live underwater. Once I get my main computer out of the shop, I'm going to download Midge's mermaid stuff and look for some furnishings that look natural under the sea. I suspect this will require another mod for cold days though.
Old 12th Feb 2019, 10:18 PM #6980
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Me ^ (I'm drowning in your puny bad jokes)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 12th Feb 2019, 11:06 PM #6981
omglo
Theorist

4 Achievements

I didn't (consciously) make any, but I'm glad you are enjoying yourself lol.
Old 13th Feb 2019, 1:45 AM #6982
Sunrader
Scholar

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by terula8
I discovered a method for making all the adorable pushchairs and prams and things useful!

My sims can't push their infants, but I do have the toddlers-on-community-lots mod. It occurred to me that these non-pushable pushchairs are SUPER useful for this. I put one in the proud parent's inventory ...
Tried and tested with Erin and Ajay Loner and their adorable tot Savannah. She actually was perfectly happy in her pram, so Ajay was able to get clothes for the whole family (he rolled a want) and I couldn't have been happier.

That's very good. I was just going to put one at a table on the sidewalk in front of my new tiny restaurant in build mode, and then leave it there to be used like a high chair when any toddlers come. I like the inventory idea, too, though.
Old 13th Feb 2019, 3:01 PM #6983
Florentzina
Scholar

One of my sims threw an anniversary, several the guest used the owner's bath and bed and woke up to leave the lot when the party was over. I've never seen guests sleeping in others houses unless it's a sleepover.
Last edited by Florentzina : 13th Feb 2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 13th Feb 2019, 9:43 PM #6984
terula8
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
That's very good. I was just going to put one at a table on the sidewalk in front of my new tiny restaurant in build mode, and then leave it there to be used like a high chair when any toddlers come. I like the inventory idea, too, though.

I like to put high chairs in my restaurants for families with toddlers - that way everyone can sit at the table together I also use the booster seats from AffinitySims for slightly older kids!
Old 14th Feb 2019, 6:56 AM #6985
suzymarie64
Field Researcher

I wish I could have video taped it, but my sim blew a fart!! First time I have ever seen that. After she ate, she stuck her but out then green fume came out. I first thought it was her hygiene, but it was ok. So funny LOL.
Old 14th Feb 2019, 7:11 AM #6986
grammapat
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzymarie64
I wish I could have video taped it, but my sim blew a fart!! First time I have ever seen that. After she ate, she stuck her but out then green fume came out. I first thought it was her hygiene, but it was ok. So funny LOL.

Yea, funny. Till a Sim who would never do such a thing, DOES it. Or till you've seen it (and the belching) too many times. Then, even if you're 6, it's not funny. I have a mod that stops it.

Namaste
Old 14th Feb 2019, 8:53 AM #6987
Charity
Mad Poster

14 Achievements

Why do they do it just after eating and then waft it towards the sims still eating? That's just rude!
Old 14th Feb 2019, 6:54 PM #6988
grammapat
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Yep, Maxis humor. Poo Poo Dick Ca Ca Pee Pee

Namaste
Old 14th Feb 2019, 8:52 PM #6989
Sunrader
Scholar

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by terula8
I like to put high chairs in my restaurants for families with toddlers - that way everyone can sit at the table together I also use the booster seats from AffinitySims for slightly older kids!

I'm not sure whether this mod by @Lamare was ever officially released, but I tested it in my game and it was awesome! Have you seen it? Seems like you might enjoy it.
There are two files. I only tried the toddler-restaurant-outing one but it worked so well that I built a whole community lot just so I could have that one high chair in it.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...053#post5383053
Last edited by Sunrader : 14th Feb 2019 at 9:59 PM.
Old Yesterday, 4:12 AM #6990
cord11
Lab Assistant

8 Achievements

Maxis never made a single hoodie for young adult female sims. Weren't they a thing in the 2000s? Did 2005 university students not wear hoodies? Weren't zip up ones at least a popular thing? What the heck Eaxis?? Oh also I think the Sims 3 probably did university a lot better, with its actual need to study, and it's degree specific objects to use, it actually seems like someone at least talked to students while making it. Also smartphones and social media are just a little more relevant to today but that's actually not important especially since the game is from 2004-2008, so yeah. 3 has tuition, some whiteboards, study groups, and older students, where as 2 doesn't. University students in 2 have it easy, EASY

Why do I have a badly done MS Paint spiral as my profile pic you ask? Well you see I have nothing better to put there than a thing I quickly made during a grade 10 business class.
Old Yesterday, 7:55 AM #6991
SparkySays
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

I'm way older than 6 and I think farts are hilarious at least when sims do them, they don't smell.
Old Today, 5:53 PM #6992
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Two arrived sims at their owned community lot had died. Grim reaper then closes down the venue for them, whistling away the customers.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old Today, 9:54 PM #6993
Liza
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cord11
Maxis never made a single hoodie for young adult female sims. Weren't they a thing in the 2000s? Did 2005 university students not wear hoodies? Weren't zip up ones at least a popular thing? What the heck Eaxis?? Oh also I think the Sims 3 probably did university a lot better, with its actual need to study, and it's degree specific objects to use, it actually seems like someone at least talked to students while making it. Also smartphones and social media are just a little more relevant to today but that's actually not important especially since the game is from 2004-2008, so yeah. 3 has tuition, some whiteboards, study groups, and older students, where as 2 doesn't. University students in 2 have it easy, EASY

Sims 2 devs disliked lectures. They liked dorm life.

I read about this somewhere.

Section jump: