Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1553
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 12470 (Who?), Viewed: 268564 times.
Search this Thread
Old 21st Feb 2018, 7:03 AM #12451
Sunbee
Alchemist

Has anyone ever used hotel doors and tents together, like building a campsite with cabins (using the doors) and tents? Does it work? Can sims stay in the tents free and in the cabins for a price? Or do I need to test it myself?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Old 21st Feb 2018, 9:12 AM #12452
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

24 Achievements

View My Journal

From memory (really not good) It didn't work. I don't think the tents were usable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 21st Feb 2018, 9:50 AM #12453
Lamare
just a girl

18 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Does anyone know why the Relationship Decay controller would occasionally error with "too many iterations"? Deleting it just makes the issue recur the next time the lot loads, and the error logs just spit out random object names.

If you post a few of those logs, someone may be able to read them and get an idea of what might be wrong.
Old 21st Feb 2018, 9:14 PM #12454
mdsb759
Top Secret Researcher

hidden sub-neighborhoods.
can there be more than the ones that came with Pets through Apartment Life?
if so, how?

pre-made playables.
how did Maxis/EA decide their names?
Old 21st Feb 2018, 9:44 PM #12455
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Probably. Try adding the appropriate folder in the appropriate place in an earlier EP and putting a custom subhood into it, then start a new neighborhood. Do the characters from the subhood appear in the family bin?

How on earth do expect an answer to the second question? I doubt there was a company policy on it or there wouldn't be so many duplicated names, and the different developers in charge of populating the premades probably all had different naming habits.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 21st Feb 2018, 11:47 PM #12456
Rosebine
Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
How on earth do expect an answer to the second question?

Maybe because it has been said, mentioned etc...
Look in the Credits. You'll find that most of the names in game, are names of people working on the game, the team.
Look in game, or take a look here:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/sims-2/credits

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi franšais !...surtout :0)
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM #12457
SparkySays
Lab Assistant

1 Achievements

Are the tourist families associated with a single vacation destination, or will they visit different ones if you have more than one attached to a hood?
Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM #12458
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

They'll visit different ones. I've seen the same family in several vacation destinations.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Old Yesterday, 1:15 AM #12459
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Maybe because it has been said, mentioned etc...
Look in the Credits. You'll find that most of the names in game, are names of people working on the game, the team.
Look in game, or take a look here:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/sims-2/credits

That's how they did the townie name generator, certainly, and I do see several playable names in there, but you know what I don't see? Stella. Gabriel. Samantha. Gavin, Ginger, Gallagher, Georgia, Garret. Herbert or Herb. Any variations on Alexander or Julius. Granted I could easily have missed something, but my first impression is that there's at least as many playables not found in the credits as are found there - and some of those are such common American names that they could easily show up in both places by random chance.

The question concerned names of playables, and though for certain sims we can detect guiding themes - most obviously Veronaville - we're not in position to know what guided the choice of name in most cases.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Yesterday, 2:43 AM #12460
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
If you post a few of those logs, someone may be able to read them and get an idea of what might be wrong.

Here's two examples:

Code:
Object id: 1572
name: Controller - Relationship Decay
Stack size: 4
Error: Too many iterations.
Iterations: 300000
  Frame 3:
    Stack Object id: 1330
    Stack Object name: Food - Dessert - Welcome Cake_Kissable Cake - Menu
    Node: 25
    Tree: id 4101 name 'Sub - Decay STR A to B (rel in warning range?)' version -32752
    from Controller_Relationships
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 1636 1330    Locals: 0 -2 0
  Frame 2:
    Node: 28
    Tree: id 4112 name 'Sub - Decay A's STR' version -32753
    Params: 984    Locals: 1636 5
  Frame 1:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 3
    Tree: id 4111 name 'Sub - Decay STR' version -32760
    Params:    Locals: 984
  Frame 0:
    Node: 8
    Tree: id 4106 name 'Function - Main' version 29
    Params:    Locals: 1 1

Code:
Object id: 1572
name: Controller - Relationship Decay
Stack size: 4
Error: Too many iterations.
Iterations: 300000
  Frame 3:
    Stack Object id: 1636
    Stack Object name: Food - Food Stand Rice Bowl - Menu
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 1336 name 'Pet - is Pet? (nID)' version -32754
    from global
    Params: 1636    Locals:
  Frame 2:
    Node: 30
    Tree: id 4112 name 'Sub - Decay A's STR' version -32753
    Params: 984    Locals: 1636 5
  Frame 1:
    Node: 3
    Tree: id 4111 name 'Sub - Decay STR' version -32760
    Params:    Locals: 984
  Frame 0:
    Node: 8
    Tree: id 4106 name 'Function - Main' version 29
    Params:    Locals: 1 1

I guess it's stalling up when calculating relationships. I'm not sure which Sim is triggering it, and I looked through their relationship panels and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. One of the Sims in the household did roll the regular 'be friends with/be best friends with' a stray cat rather than the pet-specific wants but I've seen that happen before without causing any problem and assumed it was just TS2 being TS2.

On a hunch, I checked the phones. I'd turned on Silent Mode and since disabling it haven' gotten the error. Not sure if this means anything.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Old Yesterday, 2:48 AM #12461
Kukamuukaanmuka
Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin

The question concerned names of playables, and though for certain sims we can detect guiding themes - most obviously Veronaville - we're not in position to know what guided the choice of name in most cases.

For Pleasantview we gladly have sims1 for base of some names

EDIT: then again who made their names, so my post is useless )

~~~~Call me Ellu , not a biggie, just my username actually is based of some old stupid tv-show~~~
Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : Yesterday at 3:13 AM.
Old Yesterday, 2:54 AM #12462
gummilutt
Mad Poster

39 Achievements

View My Journal

Looks to me like you've got some broken food going on ihate. No food dish should be triggering relationship related calculations. Either that, or you have a faulty mod that is calling the wrong bhav and mixing in relationship stuff where it's not intended. Too many iterations means there's a loop in the bhav that it can't get out of, usually. And if something is calling the wrong code it can easily end up there since nothing triggers and it just keeps going around.

Could also be corruption if shredded person data has attached itself to a food dish and making it try and run things it shouldn't.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old Yesterday, 3:12 AM #12463
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Well, the objects themselves keep changing. The last time it attached itself to "JobData - Teen Elder - Intelligence." I'll take a look at relationship mods though, since this is the first time I've tried to screen calls it could be almost anything in there. Also it popped up again after turning the screen calls off so that didn't help.

EDIT: Ran HoodChecker. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a handful of self-relationships. Could self-relationships cause it to choke?

ANOTHER EDIT: Ran HCDU. Found this:
Code:
*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Soc&Rel: Adjust STR From A->B w/ nIDs
Group ID: 0x7FD46CD0
Instance ID: 0x00000352
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\z.Hacks\Pescado\noinstantlove.package
\downloads\z.Hacks\_sims2living\S2L_teen_woohoo_BASICAPARTMENTS.package

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Soc&Rel: Adjust LTR From A->B w/ nIDs
Group ID: 0x7FD46CD0
Instance ID: 0x0000038E
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\z.Hacks\Pescado\noinstantlove.package
\downloads\z.Hacks\_sims2living\S2L_teen_woohoo_BASICAPARTMENTS.package

Going to try pulling noinstantlove and see what happens

Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : Yesterday at 4:01 AM.
Old Yesterday, 6:18 AM #12464
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Removing noinstantlove seems to have done the trick!

Old Yesterday, 6:31 PM #12465
gwynne
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
If you mean they're separate neighborhoods (and not subhoods), then no. The adoption pool for each neighborhood is different. Each neighborhood is like its own contained world no Sims from other worlds should cross over (it will cause corruption in both the original neighborhood and the one they move to).

Dagi is on hiatus while they focus on their thesis.

Dang. I wish I had the time/knowledge/ability to navigate tumblr to volunteer to help.

I have found so much content via that site over the years. If anyone has the ability to get my thanks back to Dagi, I'd appreciate it.

...it seemed to be a game about watching other people sitting around the house, on a computer. It just seemed so lame. - Rod Humble on his first impression of "The Sims".
Old Yesterday, 8:02 PM #12466
frogz2007
Scholar

1 Achievements

Cab :speed 3" be set to a higher value? It isn't fast enough for me. I recall seeing a text file in the Program Files which had speed parameters, but I never did check to see if those worked or not.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM #12467
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Aside from temporarily aging them up or using SimPE, is there some way to assign an adult job to a teenager?

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM #12468
Rosawyn
Theorist

2 Achievements

Does setting them as an independent teen with Sim Blender work? (I've never tried this feature.)
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM #12469
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

I've had problems with independent teens before, but I'll give it another try at some point.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM #12470
mdsb759
Top Secret Researcher

about teens getting adult jobs; from my understanding, the inteen mod temporarily changes teens into adults while they are pregnant. and Black Alley Sims had a hack that could let us change teens into adults; JSW's bouquet.
some chance with either of a teen getting an adult job.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM #12471
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

I never thought of the JSW bouquet. I'll track it down and see if it can do that.

Section jump: