Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3690
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 17659 (Who?), Viewed: 411174 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 6:58 PM #17651
Sunrader
Scholar

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
What face template does Mrs. Crumplebottom have?

I have one in my game, but, I, also, don't know how to tell. I have a clone of her open in SimPE, if you want to tell me where to look. I'd like to know that.
Old Yesterday, 7:35 PM DefaultExtra Sim on Downloaded Lot #17652
Tleilaxu3
Instructor

Really fantastic OLD lot : modthesims.info/download.php?t=341000
Fallout 3 - Museum of History (Underworld)

Squeam is not on MTS that I could see.

Question : Since this is a community lot-- I was surprised to see a SIM on the 2nd floor by the Hair salon chair. Do I delete her ? (Gina Pai)
Or is she just a "preview" of what sim will appear by the hair salon chair when I start playing the lot ?

Also, the large pallet bonfires in the building have had the 'burn' animation removed ; does that mean all of the pallet bonfires lose their burn animation ? Didn't want to lose that since it plays a role in my apocalypse hood.
There is nothing in the description about a global mod for the large pallet bonfire that would affect all other pallet bonfires.
So maybe it's a mod for just this lot ?

I just downloaded this and placed it in my hood.. but haven't played it yet by having sims come visit.
Should I just delete it ?

Went in a looked at this lot while in-game , the second time I'd entered it before allowing my sims to 'go there'.
The second visit, the lights were all turned on , and the sim standing by the makeover salon chair was gone !

Didn't play it with my sims ; but exited the game and looked at the Character Files in the my doc. area of the game ; and it said 222 Ch. files !
So the added sim in this community lot counts as a sim !!!

Fortunately there was a backup I'd made, and it had 221 Ch. files.
Not sure, but this lot might be borked ?
I know deleting sims is a vbt.

" Inama Nushif "
Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : Yesterday at 9:49 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM #17653
MeowMixPls
Lab Assistant

Load order and conlicting mods;

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Unclaim - TEST
Group ID: 0x7FB22737
Instance ID: 0x0000200B
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\creaturefixes.package
\downloads\zVisitorsBehave.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Play - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F441294
Instance ID: 0x00002011
\downloads\zLoopFixes.package
\downloads\zzzzComputerFixes.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Browse Web/Blog - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F441294
Instance ID: 0x0000209D
\downloads\zVisitorsBehave.package
\downloads\zzzzComputerFixes.package

I really want to have the loop fixes in my game too even though it is not recommended in the sticky essential mods threads because I hate that start doing action, drop it immedially, start action again etc. : http://cyjon.net/node/123

the other 2 are from the recommended lists. and I have made sure that computer fixes load after VisitorsBehave as per here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:K...recommended_DLC

computerFixes: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0
visitors behave: http://cyjon.net/node/227

Is it safe to leave these conflicts? If so, which load order should I use?

1st creaturefixes
2nd Visitors Behave
3rd ?
4th ?
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM #17654
iCad
Undead Molten Llama

27 Achievements

View My Journal

Conflicts can't hurt your game -- as in, can't hurt installation files or neighborhoods -- so they are all "safe" in that sense. The question is how you want your game to work. Is it currently working the way you want, without "jump bugs" where Sims are constantly resetting and without, say, missing pie menu options? If so, then you're fine. If it's not working the way you want, then you noodle around with load order and see if you can fix it that way. If you can't, then you'll have to make decisions about what to keep and what you'll have to let go of.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Old Today, 12:44 AM #17655
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

@Tleilaxu3

This Sim that appeared in the hair salon. Did she just appear when you opened the lot in Buy/Build mode to look at the lot? Sims do occasionally appear on community lots when you open them in Buy/Build mode. I think it's because for a tiny fraction of a second the lot is opened as if it were in Live mode, and sometimes it's long enough for an appropriate NPC to spawn. I've seen a chef appear in a Downtown restaurant this way. She will be a "real" Sim. If you already have a hairdressing chair on an unowned community lot, the game will probably have used an existing hairstylist. But if this is the first unowned hairdressing chair in the neighbourhood, the game would create a new one. It's not necessarily a sign of corruption. By opening both the current 'hood and the backup in SimPE, you should be able to check just who the 222nd Sim is

All told, seeing you have a recent backup, then you are safer to restore from it rather than just playing on. But you shouldn't have to give up on the downloaded lot if you like it. There are ways to clean lots to make them safe. I believe Jawusa is the expert on the subject. squeam says, "Clone Tested: 2 days" so it looks like they play-tested a copy of the lot rather than the original.

I suggest that you open the sim2pack file with Clean Installer, and look to see if there's anything in the file that shouldn't be there (like Sims or global mods). Delete any such content before proceeding. Then install the lot in a test 'hood (preferably one with no Sims at all). Examine it carefully there before installing it again in your "proper" 'hood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome back home Rosebine! I was too preoccupied with my own problems to greet you when you posted a few days ago.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Last edited by AndrewGloria : Today at 12:56 AM.
Old Today, 12:48 AM #17656
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Thank you AndrewGloria! Feels great to be back.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi fran├žais !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Old Today, 1:05 AM #17657
MeowMixPls
Lab Assistant

@iCad Oh really, that's a relief! TS2 is so different from TS3.

I noticed just now when the game loads, the screen flashes to black very briefly once until it goes to the neighbourhood selection menu.
Old Today, 1:18 AM #17658
Tleilaxu3
Instructor

Thanks, AG , and J&S !

" Inama Nushif "
Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : Today at 6:47 AM.
Old Today, 4:50 AM #17659
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

@Tleilaxu3 it sounds like the person who built that lot had the salon chair spawn a NPC. These days we say its safest for creators to check the lot for any 'live' actions but especial NPC's and clean the lot before packaging. In build mode while building a community lot the lot can 'go live' while saving.
If I was you I would revert to a backup if you have one. if not, clean the lot: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 You can now do so easily with the add on to Lot Compressor. Then I would run Hood Checker.

Andrew since this is an MTS lot it should not have sims or hacks.

Good to see you back @Rosebine.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 5:31 AM #17660
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Thanks Jo!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi fran├žais !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)

Section jump: