Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1644
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 15080 (Who?), Viewed: 340230 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 8:34 PM #15076
grammapat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
You can change the aspiration with almost any editing tool. You can also use the Re-Nu-U-Orb aspiration reward, I believe. I do it in SimPE as soon as I grow them up.

At the beginning of Junior year, all students get an option to change their aspiration, which will also allow them to change turn-ons. The Lifetime Want will be randomized.

Sims with the Grow Up aspiration will continue to have wants suitable for children until it's changed.

=============
To all: the problem is just with ONE guy; his wants are what a YA SHOULD be, and his college-related meters are moving. So the only thing "wrong" is his grow-up ICON; I will use batbox and see if that resets the aspiration. I use it a lot to change LTW, but don't know about that grow-up icon.

Namaste
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM #15077
CatherineTCJD
Alchemist

45 Achievements

View My Journal

When I run Hood Checker - I see I have memories for the Goodies in both Belladonna Cove AND Pleasantview. I currently have them living on the outskirts of Downtown which is attached only to Pleasantview. Is my game messed up?

This is my main game - which really hasn't been "played" other than to set things up, and swap out buildings with my shiny remade ones. If there's corruption, I'd rather know now and start over before I start playing.

Thanks!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM #15078
Sunbee
Alchemist

@CatherineTCJD The Goodies are Apartment Life bin sims: if you didn't disable the stealth neighborhoods or put a cleaned one in, you'll have the Goodies in every neighborhood (also the Newsons).

You might be confusing them with the Oldies--who are Mary-Sue Pleasant's parents, and should only appear in Pleasantview. Especially since the men have almost the same name.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM #15079
CatherineTCJD
Alchemist

45 Achievements

View My Journal

Thanks Sunbee - No, I made sure it's the Goodies (not the Oldies)
I do have a smattering of stealth/clean stuffeths, I don't remember exactly how I set it up - it was a while ago.
I'm thinking I probably need to start it all again - and this time be sure I've cleaned all the sim references out of a property before I plonk it down in the hood (*guilty!*)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Old Today, 4:18 AM #15080
Sketching
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeywell
My apocalypse hood has the same issue! I just chalked it up to using hood replace but now I don't know if that's the reason? But... if I import a desert hood I have desert edges when I change the terrain to temperate & if the imported hood is lush I have grass edges if I change it to desert. I might end up playing this hood when I'm done and I don't want to be stuck with desert terrain so I'm just working around it. For neighborhood view I scattered dirt effects around and for lot view I'm just going to set the distances as close/small as possible and call it good enough.

Oh, no, the apocalypse is on to us!

It only seems to happen in this hood for some reason and I tried doing it in others, but the wonky terrains never showed up, so I'm not sure what's causing it. Does it happen for all of your converted hoods? It's a shame though - I agree that I'd love to change the desert terrain to grass if when the apocalypse is lifted for the future residents. Those are good ideas to compensate for the strange views. The inconsistent terrain is kind of funny in an simpocalyptic manner, but I'm contemplating just making a lush main hood and restarting the apocalypse in a desert/dirt subhood so that it can be some sort of permanent fixture that at least isn't the main hood.
Old Today, 9:05 AM #15081
FranH
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineTCJD
Thanks Sunbee - No, I made sure it's the Goodies (not the Oldies)
I do have a smattering of stealth/clean stuffeths, I don't remember exactly how I set it up - it was a while ago.
I'm thinking I probably need to start it all again - and this time be sure I've cleaned all the sim references out of a property before I plonk it down in the hood (*guilty!*)

I think you have to completely clean out all the folders for all the neighborhoods (even the vacation hoods) to get a completely empty game. It's time consuming and tedious, but I think it's the only way to keep the stealth families from appearing anywhere in the game.

I did this only twice-when I originally got the empty templates and then again when I got a better computer. If you have a spare afternoon, it's a good past time, because if you have all of the EP's, they all have to be emptied and replaced with empty templates. There's at least 8 of them, and in some of those, multiple folders have to be replaced...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old Today, 5:21 PM #15082
CatherineTCJD
Alchemist

45 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
... to get a completely empty game.

It's not that I want a completely empty game. I'm just concerned that the Goodies show up in 2 of my hoods memories (in HoodChecker) when they only live in the one hood. This is my main game (albeit heretofore un"played") and I'm concerned about corruption.

But, maybe what you're saying is... Maybe it's not corrupt, maybe I just missed cleaning the Goodies out of one of the hoods when I was setting everything up?

Thank you for thinking with me

and Vintage Stuffeths

Section jump: