Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1648
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 2189 (Who?), Viewed: 96391 times.
Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2018, 6:30 PM #2176
Noa1500
Scholar

Annoyed cos I can do the example questions for managerial accounting without any problems but I can't do the mock exam. Its the same problem I've had for the last two weeks and my exam is on thursday. I don't even know why I feel lost and confused when I open up the mock, its not that much different from the example questions?

Also sibling ate the cookie that I was saving for after dinner. So rude.
Old 20th May 2018, 8:43 PM #2177
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

sometimes i'm wondering if someone did lost a friend before (expected when it comes to death)

because sometimes i feel like i'm the only one here who lost someone who isn't important to you anymore like you used to when you were younger

i lost a few friends i used to be so close with, none of them are death yet and no one is going to for a while but i get this question for a little while now!

me and my best friend used to be so close when we were just a kid but since she hit the puberty she changed into a bitchy and a mean person.
we were fighting all the time, she choose all her friends over me (she uses me) i even got bullied by her on camp when i was only 15, and wheni don't understand things
or when i was making mistakes she got angry because of me, she breaks her promise all the time now (even the last promise we last made 3 years ago about us spending the time with each other)

she promised me we will spend the time with each other (that's never made) and that i got to pick up a movie we were supposed to go to the cinemas
but she never picked me up to go to the cinemas, she never got to spend the time with me, (she's Always busy with her own friends now)
i never respected her before but now i do since i have my own friends too to spend the time with

but it's been 3 years and 3 months since we last spoke to each other so i thought by end up a friendship in a letter will do something good
but like i said earlier: i hope the paper will come to the right adress eventually since i wrote her old adress she used to live?

my mom is afraid my old best friends family get involved by this but i sure do hope she won't call her whole family just because of the paper what i wrote
i know her family is strict and don't want bad things happend to her but i hope she will read this before she call the whole family about it

but that was the least i could do so i hope she will respect my decision about end up a friendship and accept it
i already moved on so she needs to do that too eventually, it wasn't easy to wrote a letter too but i had to
here's the picture and i translate it in english since it's wrote in dutch:

Dear (with my old friend's name)

i type this paper because i want to end up a friendship between us officially.
it hurts to do that but i do what's best between us.
and of course we also had good times with each other

we went to the red rope,
we went to the cable car,
we went to the playground,
we (quite) often had sleepovers,
we even went on vacation together to spain & Turkey

you kind of felt like a little sister to me
but i can't take it anymore.
at first i had patient for you because i thought you needed a lot of space for yourself
and i respected that but my patient got over. (impatient)
i hope you respects my choice.

who knows we'll see each other in the future, to ever,
(i don't wants to have contacts with you still so pretends like you have never met me)

Greetings (with my name)

it wasn't Always been that easy to translate things in english but i tried my best here so you could understand me more with this letter i wrote!
but i was being honest here what i was thinking about a friendship between her and me

we already seperated and grew out so why not end up a friendship with a letter (not only did i think about the bad stuff but also the good stuff we did when we were younger)
i felt a bit better after i wrote that to her
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG-20180518-WA0002.jpeg
Views: 0
Size:  58.3 KB  
Last edited by sailorleontine6 : Yesterday at 4:20 PM.
Old 20th May 2018, 10:33 PM #2178
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Got out today.

Went to Walmart. Took a look at the back of Pokemon Ultra Sun. Bought a can of chips and a vitamin water.

It was a matter today of me and my mother not pushing each other's "murder" buttons. My mother and I have had a rather strained relationship since I was 11. Any day where we aren't at each other's throats is satisfactory. My father is tired of the both of us fighting, but old habits die hard.

My mother is pretty set in her ways, very conservative. The only thing that she came to terms with (or at the very least, understands) is you can't really tame me. Conditioning me with candy as a reward might work, but there's a likelihood I might run you down. Give me time and you'll be worn down quickly.

But yes, I at least got to enjoy interaction with real humans.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 21st May 2018, 2:50 AM #2179
Gargoyle Cat
Theorist

1 Achievements

New week is starting on a shit note.

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~
Old 21st May 2018, 10:26 AM #2180
OrennaKhali
Lab Assistant

During my previous therapy session, my two doctors coonfirmed that i'll be a trainwreck in therapy for rest of my life. quite uplifting.... tho I'm seem to be fine today, as in hermit times of late.

Oh, and oneo f my friends became an abusive, possessive asshole. so me nad him had problem and fighting and now he gone. Good. Not sure where my boyfriend is tho.... working a lot or summat

Eeh, been passing the days by drinking heavily, hitting the amphetamines, and smoking every now and then, when I'm not sleeping. The less I exist, the better
Old 21st May 2018, 11:19 AM #2181
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

My last day as a 22 year old and my exam is tomorrow and all I can do is lie in bed with a headache. I didn't sleep well last night. I don't know what triggered it but I couldn't stop dreaming about a traumatic event that happened nearly 10 years ago. I can't wait until after this exam, so I have the time to actually think through things instead of just pushing my mental state to the back of my head to concentrate on my work. I'm really hoping my boyfriend hasn't planned a surprise party or anything because I need to cry my eyes out and stress eat tomorrow.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 21st May 2018, 12:03 PM #2182
RicoSuavecito
Lab Assistant

I feel depressed and miserable. I want to take as many shots as I did when I was 22 like 8 years ago when I woke up in a vomit pool. It was disgusting, I can still feel the vomit up in my hair.

Sul Sul!!
Old 21st May 2018, 7:02 PM #2183
blyneliaivel
Field Researcher

I'm completely wine
Old 21st May 2018, 7:56 PM #2184
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Got my bed put together. We should be expecting a manual treadmill in this week's time.

Either way, this is one of those watershed moments where me and the cat are going to have more space with my new bed. (The clearance under the bed is about 14", so she can have her secret base if I boot her out of bed.) I might let her lay on an old blanket I had some time ago under the bed. It was a Hello Kitty comforter and it was mashed flat in some spots and lumpy in others.

Edit: We received the treadmill and I took the inaugural steps forward and it gets my seal of approval.

I currently have about 16 empty Ovaltine jars marked in Sharpie ink in two plastic $1 store baskets. They are for storing savings for things like to renovate my bathroom into a Traditional Japanese house bathroom where there's a sink and hamper vestibule, then a wall-to-wall tile floor and walls, a hand shower head that uses a commonly used shower head that has a click type button and a bathtub where the water can cover me up to my chest (The tub I currently have was meant for small children and it woefully undersized even if I was at a normal weight). The toilet would be placed in a water closet or half bath.

Of course, these are mere dreams and I'm living paycheck to paycheck, which is getting smaller and smaller due to fees that keep popping up that I don't remember. And even if I account for these issues, it pops up again.

Regardless, I have dreams of having an eclectic home of my own, provided somebody fixes the generational income inequality gap.

I started my job search on February 16, 2018 and I'm still waiting for my first job. I have still to go through job training, get my medicine in order, get a permission slip of sorts signed to alert of any mental health issues that arise on the job and I have to fit in eating more fruits and vegetables (potatoes don't count, technically they are starches), walking on the treadmill, take vitamins and fiber supplements, drink more water (if I want something fizzy, I'm allowed seltzer) and try getting 10 hours max of sleep (Getting too old for all night parties)

Yes, adulthood had caught up on my adultescence (adultescent was the word of the day on Dictionary.com and it's the updated version of the word kidult) and I guess I will have to take advantage of my time properly. Either way, I get to meet co-workers.

But for now, I just have 25 plastic Ovaltine jars filled with air, except for the ones designated for the US coins commonly used in cash and change based commerce.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 2:55 AM.
Old Yesterday, 1:51 AM #2185
Graveyard Snowflake
Inventor

So I heard from my sister a few days ago that some pool place is looking for lifeguards. The test to become a certified lifeguard seems easy enough, though I haven't been physically active for a while...

Meh. I should probably do it though. I am in need of a job, anyway.

EDIT: I also want to get at least 3 of the DLC for Fallout 4, but at the same time I should probably wait until I get a job. Have those DLC be a reward, of sorts.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Old Yesterday, 2:38 PM #2186
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Definitely got an A on that exam! Easy peasy! Now to put all the exam stress behind me and celebrate my birthday. My boyfriend returned the favour (if y'all recall my post earlier in the month about a Pokemon cake) by making me a HUGE Totoro cake! It's amazing, and apparently it tastes delicious (he made it at work so he gave some off-cuts to my coworkers) - I won't get to find out until 6pm. He really did make this birthday magical, even with exams. I told him not to book the day off work, because I'd rather focus on my exams and open presents later in the day, but that didnt' stop him from covering the livingroom in silly string and really cool tiedye coloured balloons and banners!

Also Happy Birthday to @sailorleontine6

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Yesterday, 4:17 PM
sailorleontine6
This message has been deleted by sailorleontine6.
Old Yesterday, 4:18 PM #2187
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Definitely got an A on that exam! Easy peasy! Now to put all the exam stress behind me and celebrate my birthday. My boyfriend returned the favour (if y'all recall my post earlier in the month about a Pokemon cake) by making me a HUGE Totoro cake! It's amazing, and apparently it tastes delicious (he made it at work so he gave some off-cuts to my coworkers) - I won't get to find out until 6pm. He really did make this birthday magical, even with exams. I told him not to book the day off work, because I'd rather focus on my exams and open presents later in the day, but that didnt' stop him from covering the livingroom in silly string and really cool tiedye coloured balloons and banners!

Also Happy Birthday to @sailorleontine6

thank you
Old Yesterday, 4:28 PM #2188
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorleontine6
sometimes i'm wondering if someone did lost a friend before (expected when it comes to death)

because sometimes i feel like i'm the only one here who lost someone who isn't important to you anymore like you used to when you were younger

i lost a few friends i used to be so close with, none of them are death yet and no one is going to for a while but i get this question for a little while now!

me and my best friend used to be so close when we were just a kid but since she hit the puberty she changed into a bitchy and a mean person.
we were fighting all the time, she choose all her friends over me (she uses me) i even got bullied by her on camp when i was only 15, and wheni don't understand things
or when i was making mistakes she got angry because of me, she breaks her promise all the time now (even the last promise we last made 3 years ago about us spending the time with each other)

she promised me we will spend the time with each other (that's never made) and that i got to pick up a movie we were supposed to go to the cinemas
but she never picked me up to go to the cinemas, she never got to spend the time with me, (she's Always busy with her own friends now)
i never respected her before but now i do since i have my own friends too to spend the time with

but it's been 3 years and 3 months since we last spoke to each other so i thought by end up a friendship in a letter will do something good
but like i said earlier: i hope the paper will come to the right adress eventually since i wrote her old adress she used to live?

my mom is afraid my old best friends family get involved by this but i sure do hope she won't call her whole family just because of the paper what i wrote
i know her family is strict and don't want bad things happend to her but i hope she will read this before she call the whole family about it

but that was the least i could do so i hope she will respect my decision about end up a friendship and accept it
i already moved on so she needs to do that too eventually, it wasn't easy to wrote a letter too but i had to
here's the picture and i translate it in english since it's wrote in dutch:

Dear (with my old friend's name)

i type this paper because i want to end up a friendship between us officially.
it hurts to do that but i do what's best between us.
and of course we also had good times with each other

we went to the red rope,
we went to the cable car,
we went to the playground,
we (quite) often had sleepovers,
we even went on vacation together to spain & Turkey

you kind of felt like a little sister to me
but i can't take it anymore.
at first i had patient for you because i thought you needed a lot of space for yourself
and i respected that but my patient got over. (impatient)
i hope you respects my choice.

who knows we'll see each other in the future, to ever,
(i don't wants to have contacts with you still so pretends like you have never met me)

Greetings (with my name)

it wasn't Always been that easy to translate things in english but i tried my best here so you could understand me more with this letter i wrote!
but i was being honest here what i was thinking about a friendship between her and me

we already seperated and grew out so why not end up a friendship with a letter (not only did i think about the bad stuff but also the good stuff we did when we were younger)
i felt a bit better after i wrote that to her

omg it took me forever to get my picture to work (i didn't noticed it wasn't working till now )
and don't mind the previous reply since i only tested the picture out

i already translated this picture from days ago but i didn't noticed there wasn't any pictures there

by the way i'm going out tonight (it's my birthday today like someone above me said it before )

today at night i got a new laptop with sims 2 in them i could play on my free time (my parents are the best)
i have windows 10 now (i had a laptop before but the old laptop is 6 years old now already and isn't been that fast like it used to be)

i have my own netflix too (it's pretty handy since i'm gonna celebrate it this weekend with my friends)
maybe we could watch a movie they like (only 1 friend can't make it, 1 other friend is kinda unknown and the other friend didn't said a thing when i invited him to my party)
the rest of them (5 friends of mine) can make it for sure (right after that my friend have a sleepover at my house so it would be so much fun )
Old Yesterday, 9:48 PM #2189
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Been having a rough night's sleep and it was yet again one of those days where I had to voice my requests for groceries and orders for medicine pickup. Luckily, today was easier now that I have my next set of orders to address in health. I need to see a dermatologist and podiatrist because I have rather sensitive, but strange skin (It is extremely pale that I need SPF 100 or I freckle and burn and any other injuries of infections of any kind are visible when that area is exposed) and I have quite a lot of calluses all over my feet (My father would compare my feet to overly detailed drawings from Ren and Stimpy or SpongeBob SquarePants...in a term: Nightmare fuel.)

I have eczema to begin with, had it since I was a teenager. It first manifested on my ankles and we used a calendula salve for that area. It worked, but I shouldn't press my luck unless the pharmaceutical options fail. But as I got older, it became a problem on my elbows. It was like barnacles on a treasure chest on a sunken ship.

My callus situation could have been avoided. I tend to walk on our hard floors barefoot and I wear slip on sneakers barefoot in short periods. (I have calluses on the "knuckles" of my toes. Yes, my toes are slightly longer than average and I used to pick up things with my big toes and their next door neighbor toe.)

So I guess my stress is the dermatologist. I am very defensive when it comes to letting my guard down and exposure of my underbellies, physical or mental. I usually let people near said underbellies once they gain my trust.

I also have financial issues I have to resolve. I'm at that point where I am screaming "WHY WON'T IT STOP!?" at absolutely nothing, exhausted and on the verge of tears. My father is going to help negotiate with my mother, who holds the majority of financial power in the house. (Actually, it wouldn't matter who held the power, myself included, we constantly fight the urge to indulge in our addictions.) On my part on my finances, I have to set about $70 as a buffer to alleviate this strange matter. I have no idea why people chose to do it by date of first payment instead of first of the month and in fact, one of the "surprise" charges is something I thought was part of a free code (Either way, I'm screwed because if I dispute it, the likelihood of a crippleware mode is pretty high. It was for Microsoft Office and I use it in my drafting of worlds in my games.). I'm turning into a salty old codger and I don't have any palpable wrinkling on my body.

I'd probably tell children about my youth growing up with VHS and audio tapes and despite its physical bulkiness, you could resume it from where it was last stopped. Great, I'm a childless grandma whose font of knowledge and wisdom is accompanied with Jolly Ranchers.

The above is just a little taste of my stress of getting my shit together and becoming more responsible. Adulting, this isn't. It's more like crash course completion school on becoming an adult.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 10:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM #2190
Gargoyle Cat
Theorist

1 Achievements

I keep falling asleep. The joys of allergy meds.

Between naps, I've been thinking about what to do this weekend as Monday is the holiday. I keep saying that I'm not going to buy more plants for outside, but one of the front gardens looks weird. Maybe I'll have hubby transplant a few hosta that we have in the backyard instead. They're not happy where they are due to getting too much sun. It wouldn't cost anything other than a hour or so and some grunt work. They're not big, so there wouldn't be much grunt in the grunt part of the job.

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~

Section jump: