Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 12:46 PM
Default this skin effect would almost be cool if i was trying to do it
My skins messing up. It's black with blue marks instead of what it's supposed to be and I don't have a clue why.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [ER] dutchskin.zip (838.9 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 3:13 PM
Did you enable mipmaps when you saved the textures?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 4:03 PM
I did I learned that last time.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 2:31 PM
Your mipmaps are there, but they're really messed up. How did you generate them?

I fixed it by exporting the texture, saving it with mipmaps, and replacing it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 4:13 PM
I used gimp and saved as a .dds with mipmaps ... idk it's worked in the past? Is there a better way?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 4:54 PM
I think an old version of Skininator had a bug that might have caused this but I'm not sure. Anyway, you can save the DDS with mipmaps again and replace the texture, or you can save it as a PNG and let Skininator make the mipmaps when you import it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 6:09 PM
Okay I saved it as a .png, and now it's working in-game and in the CAS but not in the icons. I'm pulling my hair out a little over what I'm doing wrong.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [ER] dutchskin.zip (964.6 KB, 0 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilitaRabbit
Okay I saved it as a .png, and now it's working in-game and in the CAS but not in the icons. I'm pulling my hair out a little over what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe the icon needs to regenerate. Try switching to another skin and back again. And/or try deleting your local thumbnails package.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 8:03 PM
Switching skins worked, thank you! The skin is working well now!