Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#226 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 9:08 AM Last edited by rarmuncher : 26th Apr 2009 at 11:56 AM.
No neighborhood folder? Here's what I did...
Hi and thank you very much for this wonderful tutorial.
When I for the first time made a CAS screen I came to the point where you must find the refurnished lot from the neighborhood folder. Well, I didn't have one (folder), or at least couldn't find it .
I really wanted this to work so I didn't give up. I started to think logically and moved the refurnished CAS lot to the lot bin. Then I closed the game and went to my documents/ea games/the sims 2/lot catalog. I saw that the lot file with the highest number (in my case 42) must be the new CAS file, because I didn't have it there when I first looked. So that I copied and put in my Downloads folder, and it worked

I just wanted to say thanks, and one thing: Don't give up so easily! With a little logics you can go far

Edit: Actually, I had the neighborhood folder, but there were so many lots so I couldn't identify them... but still, a tip
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 15th May 2009 at 11:07 PM

Girl Addicted To Sims
Test Subject
#228 Old 26th May 2009 at 12:35 PM
Default Help Me!!!
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Dragon Hacker - use your system's ability to take a screenshot with the printscreen key. Then alt-tab out of the game, and paste your picture into a paint program. Crop/resize it as necessary - mts2 doesn't accept full screen size shots, so just scale it do to 700 wide or something and save in jpg format and it should be useable.

I have tryed changing my CAS! file and i copyed it to my EP
And when i go on Sims2 Apartment Life it is the Default CAS screen
Help Me I have done all the steps right but it comes up as the default.
When i rename it as CAS!.Package i go on the CAS and it is all blue on the screen.
hellp

Reply me !!! Wink :P
Test Subject
#229 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:31 PM
Really, thanks a lot for the tutorial!! This is great!! I started to customize the CAS screen and everything works, except one thing; the skin of my sims looks very dark, even if I use the lightest one

Can someone help me to solve this problem please?
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:03 AM
How do I change the background of CAS? I did what you instructed and nothing has changed. This is getting really frustrating.

Help?
Top Secret Researcher
#231 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:01 AM
Oh thank you! I once tried the other tutorial but got it wrong. :P

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
#232 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampixen
I have finished making a custom CAS screen and though it was created in the dark, now it shows as daytime when in-game. Is there any way to correct this and make it show as Nighttime?

i dont think so, because
1) You probably won't spend a dozen Sim hours in CAS waiting for the nighttime to come
2) It's most likely you've deleted the neighborhood

ENTJ
Test Subject
#233 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 11:24 AM
Sweet Tutorial..Hmm I don't have a global lots folder in my sims 2 files...Where do i go to do that? And i want to make my sims CAS look a little like forks,washington...How do i do all that?

Is it the guilt that keeps you up at night when your in bed?
Field Researcher
#234 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 8:51 PM
Ok, I have a question.

If I have every expansion and stuff pack, and obviously my last one is Mansions, will the custom CAS work for everyone else? Or should I make mine with the Base Game CAS lot, so that everyone can use it?

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Test Subject
#235 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 1:06 PM
Gah! I dont understand this problem Im having..... I created a new neighborhood, copied the file from the current expansion I am using in C:/ , pasted it into my documents where specified... but Im not getting a CAS house in my neighborhood...
Im using Vista, does that change anything? Im also currently using a custom CAS that is too dark but otherwise is a favorite to use. My original was deleted by one of my loving kids lol. I really would like to just keep the one I have if there was just a way to adjust the lighting... (?)
Test Subject
#236 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 1:08 PM
Gah! I dont understand this problem Im having..... I created a new neighborhood, copied the file from the current expansion I am using in C:/ , pasted it into my documents where specified... but Im not getting a CAS house in my neighborhood...
Im using Vista, does that change anything? Im also currently using a custom CAS that makes my Sims skin tone show too dark but otherwise is a favorite to use. (the mountain CAS that has the family in the background at the same time) My original was deleted by one of my loving kids lol. I really would like to just keep the one I have if there was just a way to adjust the lighting... (?) Is the problem coming frm the CAS Im trying to use? thnx
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 11:01 PM
Thanks so much! I was wondering how I could do this! You rock!

"I'm a- ye- Not a "crazed gunman", I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" ~RED Sniper
"I have no idea!" ~RED Medic
Test Subject
#238 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 8:48 PM
Can you help me?? I followed the steps in every detail but when i make the new neighborhood and costumize the CAS house and leave the in the neighborhood folder of the highest number there like 13 lots...in every folder i looked but no house(of course those are other neighboorhoods).. i read the steps like bilion times...please help
i am greatful in forward

P.S. :Sorry for my bad english i am from Croatia...
Test Subject
#239 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 12:57 AM
I'm having the same problem as above. I finished everything up to step number 10. When I go to My Documents/ Ea Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods only eight neighborhoods are there. But I know I have 12 or 13 neighborhoods including the maxis ones. The last one isn't my new CAS neighborhood, so I can't find the lot with the new background. Do you know why this is? I'm using a Vista if that makes a difference.
Test Subject
#240 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 1:45 PM
I'm also having issues...
The CAS house hasn't appeared no matter how many times I've followed the instructions. I have all the expansions excluding FT and BV and only the Kitchen & Bathroom stuff pack (I disabled Seasons for the new game) and followed your instructions (as far as I could) to the letter several times to no avail. I double-checked each time I renamed the file to make sure it was correct and made absolutely sure I was using the right file. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong that's blaringly obvious (but it wouldn't be the first! ), but if someone could please suggest something, I would be most greatful.
Test Subject
#241 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 11:59 AM Last edited by LavaLamp : 25th Dec 2009 at 12:51 PM.
Ummm, when I go into My Docs/EA/Sims 2/Neighbourhood/N005/LOts, there are 14 lots instead of 1. Yes, it is the new CAS neighborhood.
Test Subject
#242 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 7:39 PM
i have more than one lot in my "lots" folder of my neighbourhood!

Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent - Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#243 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 2:53 AM
I have a problem: I play to game in spanish, but the last file it's not 41, it's 55. ¿What I can do? I wanna really have my own CAS
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#244 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:15 AM
milibarbie - It doesn't matter how many lots you have in that folder. You just rename the file so it's the next number in the sequence - so you'd rename yours to cx_00000056.package

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#245 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 5:44 PM
OMG thank you sooooo much I've been looking for a tutorial to do this for ages I found one but it didn't work...

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!
Test Subject
#246 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 8:12 PM
AHHHHHH,
I need help!!
I did the tutorial to the letter but when I got to the new neighbourhood folder there's 13 lots even though I made a new neighbourhood and only put one house in it!!
What's going on?????????????????????????????????
Test Subject
#247 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Warlock22
AHHHHHH,
I need help!!
I did the tutorial to the letter but when I got to the new neighbourhood folder there's 13 lots even though I made a new neighbourhood and only put one house in it!!
What's going on?????????????????????????????????

IS OKAY now I figured out that the lot was the highest number in the folder sooo few, anyhoo thanx a bunch!!
Test Subject
#248 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 4:33 AM
-hits self-
I have just spent a good half hour reading all these problems with Seasons and Pets and decided to check out how my CAS screen looks. Only now [after all this time, all the comments, all the yelling at the screen that the problem has already been answered a kagillion times] do I suddenly remember I have both pets and Season's uploaded. I am so slow today.

Lovely Tutorial. Thank you.
Test Subject
#249 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 2:14 AM
One thing, i do not have the file "TSData" in my Sims2 folder. o-o help?
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:46 AM
Ahhh.... Is it a bad sign when you have no TSdata file?
Page 10 of 11