Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 9:56 PM.
Default The "Deadbeat Dad" challenge
In honor of Father's Day, I bring to you the Deadbeat Dad challenge! It is similar in some ways to the ISBI challenge, but it lasts only one generation.
Make your cas sim and make a cas spouse. If you want, make the spouse a woman and she can be a deadbeat mom. That's fine.

Spouse stats must be zero neat and zero active. Make the other stats as you like. Move into a house you downloaded or one you built yourself. No money cheats are allowed. You cannot control the spouse at all. You must have at least one child. For children you get three commands a day so that you can get them to do homework and get needs up.

You may send the children to college when two days from adult if you like. Bonus points are awarded for keeping them in the house as an adult, but you lose control and now you have deadbeat grownup kids!

No maids, gardeners, repairmen or nannies allowed.

The challenge ends when your terrible spouse finally keels over from old age.

Scoring -
plus 10 points per child you raise successfully to adult (sending to college counts)
plus 20 points for your sim maxing her career
plus 50 points if you have six children and raise all successfully to adult
plus 10 points if your long term and regular relationship with the spouse is over 90 at the
time of his demise
plus 15 points per deadbeat adult you let stay in the house
- 5 points per aspiration failure of your sim
- 5 points per argument with spouse
- 20 points per child taken by social worker

plus 50 points if you keep all 6 children in the house as deadbeat adults!
(they also cannot be controlled at all and cannot get a job)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 8:00 PM
So from what I'm reading, you can't control anyone apart from the three commands per kid to get them to do their homework and keep their needs up?

~ I'm the sanest person I know ~

My YouTube Channel
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 8:13 PM
I think you can control the "main sim" - ie the spouse who isn't the deadbeat Dad (or deadbeat Mum).....
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 8:18 PM
Ah, right, that makes sense! Thanks!

~ I'm the sanest person I know ~

My YouTube Channel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 12:59 PM
Yes, you fully control the main sim at all times. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 3:31 PM
I actually did something similar, a lil while back. A kinda white-trash family, with an insanely neat stay-at-home mom who spend most of her waking hours cleaning up after her messy husband and horde of children. Quite the challenge, since budget was limited as well!

..somewhere along the way, that project went off-track, and the house is now inhabited by a great-grand half cousin of the first couple, his wife, their child... and two more or less random vampires >_>

So yeah! Messy spouses are fun. :D