Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:24 PM
some problems with a hair mesh
Well two really-

The hair is supposed to look like this:

but after rigging the animation joints (b_hair, r_hair, etc.) it looked like this:

I had the whole thing rigged to the head joint then used the unimesh bonetool to assign the animation bones as well. all except the front is 50 to the head 50 to the animation joint. The very front is 50/50 then it goes to 90(head)/10(animation) and this isn't the last row of vertices.

I also wanted to try and make the hair seamless to the face but instead it came out like this:

I know on this hair it's not that big a deal since the bangs cover it but it's more for future reference and I'm just picky.

anyone know what I need to do?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM
It looks to me like the mesh is fine, but you just haven't mapped/textured it yet - is that not the case?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
It looks to me like the mesh is fine, but you just haven't mapped/textured it yet - is that not the case?

No it isn't I put off the texturing till I can get the mesh right.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:49 AM Last edited by carrit : 8th Feb 2018 at 2:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
No it isn't I put off the texturing till I can get the mesh right.

This image may help you see the problem

EDIT: sorry for double posting I though I hit edit.
Screenshots