Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Maxis neighbourhoods from scratch
Normally when you start the game without any neighbourhoods, the game creates all Maxis neighbourhoods like they are after first installing.
When I delete all neighbourhoods from the neighbourhoodsfolder the game starts without any neighbourhoods to click on (I can make a custom one).
Is this normal? Or must the folder neighbourhoods be completly deleted for this to work?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:12 PM
If I understand correctly, you deleted the contents of the Neighborhoods folder (from your Sims 2 folder, not the installation files) and no neighborhoods are there but you can make a custom one? That's normal.

If you didn't move/delete/replace any of the Maxis neighborhoods from their original locations in the installation files, you can rename your current Sims 2 folder into something like The Sims 2A. When you start your game again, it will automatically load all of the Maxis neighborhoods.

I'm not sure how it works for the UC.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
If I understand correctly, you deleted the Neighborhoods folder (from your Sims 2 folder, not the installation files) and no neighborhoods are there but you can make a custom one? That's normal.

If you didn't move/delete/replace any of the Maxis neighborhoods from their original locations in the installation files, you can rename your current Sims 2 folder into something like The Sims 2A. When you start your game again, it will automatically load all of the Maxis neighborhoods.

Thanks for the quick answer.
I didn't delete the neighborhoodsfolder. Just the neighbourhoods N001, N002,...
So I need to delete or rename the whole folder The Sims 2 for this to work. Not just the neighbourhoodsfolder. Thanks! That's just the answer I needed.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Inventor
#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:17 PM
You can also copy the original Maxis hoods over from the installation files if you want to use them with your mods/CC instead of regenerating The Sims 2 folder.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:19 PM
You can also copy the original Maxis hoods over from the installation files if you want to use them with your mods/CC instead of regenerating The Sims 2 folder.

I know I did that for the EP hoods. The Base Game is installed is installed in Dutch and the EP's in English (I installed the base game before I wanted to play in the original language).
So if I do that from the installation files for the Base Game hoods, the hoods are still in Dutch.
If I change the name of the The Sims 2 folder they will be in English too.

Inventor
#6 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:24 PM
It does? My game uses one language. It'd be useful if it regenerated into English though. Let us know how it works out.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:30 PM
If I understand correctly, you deleted the contents of the Neighborhoods folder (from your Sims 2 folder, not the installation files) and no neighborhoods are there but you can make a custom one? That's normal.

Is that "safe"? I've been having some hood issues and I'd like to do a reinstall of my game, but I hate the premade hoods and like using smaller custom hoods. If I delete all the neighbourhood folder content, will that cause corruption?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:32 PM
No, it's perfectly safe.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I know I did that for the EP hoods. The Base Game is installed is installed in Dutch and the EP's in English (I installed the base game before I wanted to play in the original language).
So if I do that from the installation files for the Base Game hoods, the hoods are still in Dutch.
If I change the name of the The Sims 2 folder they will be in English too.

When I copy the neighbourhood of seasons from the installation files the hood is in Dutch. But when I do that for N001 (Pleasantview) the hood's in English.
I just tried to start the game with the folder "De Sims" changed to "De Sims - Old" and I hoped then the new folder would be "The Sims", but it's "De Sims" (Dutch) again.
The Neighbourhoods are in English so I guess I can't complain.
I have what I wanted: the hoods from scratch in English.
But it's still weird.
I guess the only solution to have it all in English is reinstall the game, but I don't feel it's worth that trouble. The game works fine. That's the most important.

Inventor
#10 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 5:12 PM
True. If it's not an immediate concern nor game-breaking, there's no need to rush it. I'm glad that it worked out.