Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 12:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Which twin is born first?
I was wondering what order the twins actually age up in. It seems that the twins age up at different times, I had a pair of twins where Twin 1 aged up five sim hours after Twin 2 aged up. I had another pair of twins where Twin 2 aged up to a toddler before Twin 1, but Twin 1 aged up to a child before Twin 2. I don't really get what triggers what twin ages up first, is it something in their DNA or what? any explanations?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 2:01 AM
I think mood can play a part. A Sim who is hungry or otherwise unhappy is slower to age up than a happy Sim, if left to their own devices. Also, I've had twins lose their twinhood by aging up from baby to toddler a full day apart; I'm sure the second baby wasn't THAT miserable, which makes me wonder if lazy Sims are slower to get around to it than active Sims (but I only just thought of that, and those two are long gone so I can't check).
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 11:07 AM
Aging up is an action; it'll be automatically triggered at 6pm, but if the sim is in a bad mood they might cancel it, or if they're doing something else they may wait until they've finished the first action and eventually the age up action will be dropped, and re-triggered every hour until it happens.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 12:23 PM
I always use the sim blender to age babies, especially if they're twins. The game never handles twins properly, because the sim attempting to "help with birthday" gets called to help the second baby and therefore cancels the first! This used to cause me so much stress and frustration, but now I just bypass it all by manually pushing the age transition.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 11:12 AM
It depends on their thumbnail (icons) on the bottom left. The top sim is the oldest and as you go down the sims get younger. The twin who's on top of another is the one who came out of the mom's belly first, therefore, you have to age them up first for you to keep it as it is, but I once aged the second twin up and after I aged the older twin, he was on top of his brother so it doesn't matter as long as you age them up at the same time. I don't know if that's something you'll find useful, also as someone previously said (Nyah's) they'll age up next day you get the notification of "there's one day left" if you don't age them up yourself they'll age up next day at 6 pm. That's everything I basically know about aging twins, sorry if I talked way too much 😅❤️
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 11:16 AM
Just take each twin to a cake meanwhile canceling out the second birthday cake icon in the queue, the come see the birthday. Then let each sim parent age them up at a cake. The game does a poor age up the day after, but if you are sure your babies needs are meet when you bring them to a cake the day before, 9 times out of ten it will go smoothly. As to who is born first I keep a close eye as they are born. baby hair helps since they often will get different hair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~