Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2007 at 1:02 AM
Property Set Flags
I am unable to find any documentation for the flags string in property sets for content (skintones, clothing, hairstyles), so I am (re)posting this in hopes of some discussion on it.

These values are known to me:

0x0: clothing or hair
0x1: hidden clothing or hair
0x2: hair hat
0x4: purpose unknown; used on some clothing.
0x8: clothing or hair
0x10: purpose unknown. Appears on the Xmas pack's elder-only stuff, and some Maxis website downloadables

Default clothes and hair use either 0x0 or 0x8. If 0x8 does anything, I have no clue what this is.
Most hats do not seem to use 0x2, but 0xA (0x2+0x8).

I would also really like to know what purpose (if any) is served by the flag values 0x4 (also occurs as 0xC: 0x4+0x8) and 0x10.

Adding 0x1 to any flag hides the outfit or hairstyle from CAS! (occurs both as 0x1 and as 0x9) and prevents it from being used in the Sim generator (for townies and Service NPCs).

Flags can of course be added:
0x9 is 0x1+0x8, and thus would be a hidden hairstyle or outfit. A hidden hat could be 0xB.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st May 2007 at 8:45 PM
I seem to remember that the Maxis downloadable chicken suit hairs, and the OFB preorder mascot had some completely insanely high flag values.
I think I dried to hide them from catalouges, but decided it was more trouble than it was worth. Right now, I can't find the files.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Space Pony
#3 Old 22nd May 2007 at 3:08 AM
Hi Jordi,

I tried to figure this out a long time ago but basically gave up :/

It could be that any even number is on & odd number is off & that there really isn't any significance to the actual number used! I'm sort of inclined to this view because there doesn't seem to be any discernable pattern to these particular flags.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:15 AM
Morague: essentially correct. The only important flags appear to be 0x1 (hidden), 0x2 (hat).
Maybe these flags are leftover from whatever tool EAMaxis uses for clothes...
Space Pony
#5 Old 22nd May 2007 at 11:55 PM
Hi Jordi,

Yeah - it's got to be something like that. Or they started trying to flag according to some method but abandoned it. I think at one poiint there were Casual1, Casual2 & Casula3 for Everyday but it seems that was abandoned.
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 4:06 PM
Iknow it's an old thread, but I think some flags might mean more than that.

First there's this thread by almighty hat : http://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.or...ed=1#cmt1160423

Second, I've noted that sewing machine outfit got the flag 29. Right now I'm looking for a way to use it. I already assume that it's the hidden flag for flag 28. It might be flag 20 + flag 8... But I haven't found anything more about those flag 28 or 20.

If someone had some new knowledge about this ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!