Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 7:51 AM
Default Monthly Themes - December
We received a ton of goodies,check them all out in the tables below. This month's theme is no surprise I suppose - "Winter Wonderland".

December Theme - Winter Wonderland
Snow....skates.....ice....wait! There's no snow in most places at this point,so why not try some terrain paint or garden accessories to make the less snowy days more fun? Our sims could definitely use some warm clothing and perhaps some presents under the tree? There are lots of winter decorated lots to create,so let your imagination run free!

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme - see inspirations above
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before the end of December will receive an achievement sticker (this includes 31rst) - anything uploaded after that date will not compete. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating.
  • Tag your upload with this tag:themewinter. This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.

If you have a question about something that is not included in the description above - feel free to ask! If you have other ideas on content that would be in the spirit of this theme, don’t hesitate let us know All currently in the queue,will be added once approved,so don't forget to stop by if we somehow miss you!

November Theme - Vintage

Sims 2 entries
lientebollemeisNew career: Barbie's Career Through The Years (PTO+CC)
CatOfEvilGeniusPaisley Rolled Sleeve Shirts for Adults
MetamorpThe Golden Girls House - (No CC) (Vintage Month Challenge)
CatherineTCJDMid-Century Central Florida Ranch: 3b/2b/carport
MichelleVintage Sanitaryware
MichelleVintage Bathroom Tiles
MichelleVintage Cabimirror + Recolours
lidiqnata*Vintage chic*
lidiqnata*Vintage chic* pt.2
MichelleVintage Superlative Sink Recolours
MichelleATS-American Diner Recolours
Karen LorraineRetro Bedding
dharden3 default replacements - H&M striped frill-dress
CatherineTCJDPsychedelic 60's ~ Kaleidoscope of Color ~ Two-part Wallpapers
PenelopeTVintage Floor Tile Set
MichelleNL - Sectional Booth Recolours
AmuraVintage family home - NO CC
MichelleJukebox Recolours
CatherineTCJDAbstract Maze (lightly grungified) 1970's Two-Part Wallpapers
MichelleJukebox Recolours - Part 2
gummiluttClassic Pin-up in Pooklet colors
fakepeeps7Polyester Parade
Karen LorraineRetro Curtain Recolours
caitawesomeMid-Century Modern Redux

Sims 3 entries
C-chanBlast from the Past - 12 Retro Patterns

Sims 4 entries
Zahkriisos'50's Style Poodle Skirt
LorenlVintage Wedding Dress
Esmeralda1950s Vintage TV - Philco Predicta
plasticboxSCargeaux Cupboard and Fridge
SimmillerThe Vintage Plunging Mermaid Dress
g1g2The Benet Phonograph
artruiForest roof
plasticboxCountry Kitchen
Deontai[TS3 > TS4] Hip Bunny Painting
artruiForestgreen roof
plasticboxFitted Country Kitchen Cupboard
artruiFloors match "Forest roof" and "Forestgreen roof"
plasticboxFunctional Tea Pot
g1g2Classic Convertible (ownable cars comb)
Deontai[TS1 > TS4] Mashuga House (from Livin' Large)
artruiForestgreen Turret
clw850s Themed Diner

Those who haven't receive a sticker yet(not in the queue) - post here. If we made a mistake of some sort - comment here,so we can edit it. Happy simming!
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 10:51 AM
I haven't received last months sticker yet.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 11:59 AM
Something always goes wrong with your stickers Michelle You were the first person I handed it to,don't know why it did not show
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 2nd Dec 2015 at 3:53 PM. Reason: Typo
I imagine all of the Australian users reading this and going "Winter? Tell that to my thermometer!". I expected it to be something christmas-y, so kudos on being predictable but not as I expected you to be I would have liked something a bit more extravagant, since many of us will have more time this month due to holidays, but I'm looking forward to seeing what people make of it.

You guys should look into that sticker business, it's a little depressing that Michelle of all people always ends up with no sticker. Kind of strange too, considering she usually does multiple entries.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 3:03 PM
Maybe it's fixed now? I see Michelle's November sticker.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 4:40 PM
There was a problem with this month's sticker and Michelle was the first test subject I'm sure it worked fine as I handed it personally,but apparently something did went wrong. Anyway - the sticker is there and don't be shy and ask your sticker if it's not handed few days after you upload for the theme

Aside from that "gummilutt" - the main focus was not to make Christmas-y theme to avoid majority of creators, celebrating different types of holidays this month, to be pressed to do it,just because of the theme. So it's open and anyone doing something related to celebrations is always welcomed!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 4:45 PM
It is 37 degrees Celcius where I live and the last time I saw snow was while visiting Switzerland years ago Yet I guess one can always imagine...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 6:23 PM
I'm actually really glad to see a "Winter" theme, as opposed to a "Holiday" theme, even though I've had a Christmas lot ready to go for a few days now (you didn't seriously think I could put that lot together in the time between this theme being announced and my posting it, did you? ), since I think it may inspire some other winter creations besides just the obvious holiday ones... I really want to make a ski lodge for Three Lakes, maybe this'll inspire me to work on that, since I'm wrapping up so many of my projects that had been occupying my time!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 9:43 PM
YAY! A new theme! I've got soooo many ideas - - what to choose? ...what to choose?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
Aside from that "gummilutt" - the main focus was not to make Christmas-y theme to avoid majority of creators, celebrating different types of holidays this month, to be pressed to do it,just because of the theme. So it's open and anyone doing something related to celebrations is always welcomed!

Those are some confusing quotation marks you've got going on there I see the thought behind making it winter wonderland and not christmas. Perhaps my post was unclear, I'm saying I expected you guys to go christmas because it's december, and I'm pleasantly surprised that you did go with the month but not in the way I expected. This is definitely more open, and including. Lots of possibilities for creators, no matter where they are or what they celebrate (or don't celebrate).

The extravagant- bit was just me still yearning for the pearls and glamor that last months theme didn't include. But I'm looking forward to seeing what january brings, after your teaser last month.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 12:05 PM
Default Maybe....
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I imagine all of the Australian users reading this and going "Winter? Tell that to my thermometer!"..

Perhaps our moderators could be persuaded to do a southern hemisphere theme of some sort later in the year. Australia Day is next month, right?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#12 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Z-Cat
Perhaps our moderators could be persuaded to do a southern hemisphere theme of some sort later in the year. Australia Day is next month, right?
We have steered away from celebrations that are specific to a country. For people living in the southern hemisphere you will have to think back to your winter and bear that in mind whilst creating

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!