Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 8:41 AM
I will try this again, thank you so much for all your help :-)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 10:23 PM
I tried this again...I don't have a clue what I'm doing in postal. The only vaguely satisfactory result I can get is if I made a 2nd design in your file, then the thumbnail shows up correctly. I actually like the plain look of the blouse you made, it's very office type wear. I may just give in for now, I am driving myself and probably everyone trying to help me bonkers.

So I am thinking of using your file with the 2 designs for my site, I would want to credit you for that of course, is this ok with you? I also need to work on the texture a little more anyhow to match some shoulder details up.
Sockpuppet
#53 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:31 AM
nah, i do not want you to credit me.
It was like 10minutes work, plz dont

Well, thats easy then..
Make a 2nd design and delete the first one!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 8:31 AM
I tried that but the 2nd design reverts back to same plain shirt thumbnail, I have a feeling this top doesn't want to get made...it happened with a cross over top I made ages ago, that never got used because of the same reason. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I can usually muddle though and work stuff out but this won't budge I guess I'll have to keep working around bumps for now.
Test Subject
#55 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 11:39 AM Last edited by poppyberry : 10th Jan 2010 at 12:47 PM.
I just tried this in old CAS and it worked the first time I did it, 2nd time when I wanted to edit again using a new copy of your file it won't work. Now I am thinking it only works because your file was also in my game at the time...hmm.
Sockpuppet
#56 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 1:08 PM
you have to delete caches and thumbnails first, before you reboot your game.
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:03 AM
I've tried that too!

Could it be anything to do with the fact that I only get 3 lod's when I extract the meshes? Am I supposed to get them all?
Scholar
#58 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:29 AM
Getting only three LODs is fine, most clothing meshes don't have more. Just make sure, you put the right lods in the right input boxes.
Test Subject
#59 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 11:43 AM
I have done that....here is what I did.

Select the shirt, add new design and then extract the meshes, rename all 3 lod's.

Give a new mesh name in the top box on the mesh tab.

Insert the renamed lod's into lod1, lod2 and lod3.

Try and add a new bump map, this I have tried with several different files, one directly from Base1980's file which was a 4x4 pixel grey dds. Others have been the standard 1024x1024 grey bump maps.

I have clicked commit. Nothing happens, then I click find on the bumpmap to see if that does anything and it always says Key is not in the correct format. As though everything is right apart from the bumpmap.

I have also tried adding the dds bump map in postal, that doesn't seem to do anything either.

I am scratching my head, I would love to be able to get rid of the bumpmaps many times as I can make so many different items if I am not working around the standard bumps.
Scholar
#60 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 12:01 PM
You don't need to rename the lod files.

Just do the following:
-Extract the meshes
-Go to the meshes tab
-Change the name textbox
-Insert your previously extracted lod files in the right boxes
-add the new bumpmap
-click commit (it is OK if nothing seems to change)
-File->Safe (or "safe as" if your package is new)
-close package/restart CTU -open your previously saved package.
-now only use "safe", because "safe as" will not retain your new mesh.
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 2:26 PM Last edited by poppyberry : 11th Jan 2010 at 4:02 PM.
Thank you for that...everything is coming together now, that made perfect sense and actually did something! Only prob is in game this is what it looks like...any ideas what I got wrong?

Here's how and where I added the lod's back in. It seemed to go dark in CAS too which was weird.

Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 5:31 PM
I made a new normalmap and it works! Woohoo!

Thank you all SO very much for sticking with me and having patience the last few days...thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I can't believe how easy it actually is...d'oh! I think my problem was renaming the lod's.

Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 9:51 AM
Is it possible to remove the bumpmap on a cloned EP item? If so, how would I do that? Thanks.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#64 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 10:11 AM
Well, you can't precisely remove the bumpmap - you would have to replace it with a neutral (plain grey) bumpmap. In order to do so, grab all the GEOMs for the item while you're poking around FullBuild for the CASP. Then, in CTU, add a new mesh name, commit, fill in the boxes with your extracted GEOMs and your neutral bumpmap, commit again, and save.

There is also the option of doing a default replacement of the original bumpmap - which involves finding the bumpmap in FullBuild2 (sort alphabetically, all the textures will be grouped together and named things like amTopWhatever_m), right-clicking it and hitting Export to .package. Then open the new .package file, right-click the resource and hit Replace, browse to your neutral bumpmap, done. That will, of course, also affect the original EP item you're cloning.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#65 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 12:14 PM
Thanks again. As I don't really want to effect the original EP item, it seems there is not way to replace with a plain bump then?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#66 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 1:19 PM
The first process I described won't effect the original bumpmap, it's just a bit more complex.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#67 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:04 AM
And can that be done for cloned from EP files? I do that for my normal ones, but never been able to get it to work for an EP one.
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:20 PM
Is there anything anywhere that shows you how to do that step by step?
Page 3 of 3