Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:17 PM
Default Hair layer problem
Hi everybody,
I am back with another question. This time about hair.
I converted some TS 4 hair to TS 2. But my hair layer is black(It is layer under my converted hair,specifically head), so I don't know, How can I change this colour to normal skin color. It spoils the impression little bit..

So here some pictures,what I mean:

I tried to find some answers about this, but without result. So thank you for your help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:36 PM
If the "hair" layer (the one that takes on skintones) has a white alpha, this needs to be changed to black, or replace it with a blank/transparent texture in SimPE. The converted hair needs to be on some kind of "hair_alpha" layer because of the UV mapping.

If that's not the problem, can you upload the hair? Bit hard to know what the problem is just from the pictures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2018 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Janika31 : 17th May 2018 at 6:36 PM.
Thank you for your answer.
I took this hair to download already here on my blog
http://janika31.tumblr.com/ if it is helpful..
This is not big problem, I think, but I just want to figure out for my other creation. This is the hair layer from sims2body (af_HairBald), what I use with my hair. In milkshape.
I know, it is really bad to explain it and my english is little bit bad. Sorry.

btw:I am still thinking about it. My hair is hair_alpha5 and another group is hair, but I can't to see just normal skin under my hair or hair_alpha in bodyshop. I see black hair layer,as if missing. :/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2018 at 8:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th May 2018 at 4:04 PM.
I took a look at the files from your upload, and you've used the "hair" layer as the hair, and that's why the scalp shows up black. The head needs a 512x512 texture to work, and the TS4 texture is 512x1024 or some such, meaning you've created a bug in the system. Anything that uses skin texture needs to not be changed significantly, and they need to have a 1:1 ratio in the same size as the skin (1024x1024 for child through elder clothes, 512x512 for face, head and bu/pu clothes). The hair_alpha layer can use different ratios, though.

What you need to do when making TS3 and TS4 conversions is to have the back of head (scalp) as the "hair" layer, with a blank (or black alpha) 512x512 texture, to make the scalp show up with the skintone. The hair needs to be on one of the "Hair_Alpha" layers/groups.

----

And just a suggestion, but you should either make meshes for all the ages, or use Cat's binner to remove unused ages. If you upload the hairs it's very annoying for most players to have unnecessary random maxis hairs for all the other ages, because it creates a lot of clutter in the hair folders, and all the extra textures make the files bigger.

Cat's binner: http://ww2.modthesims.info/d/434016 (it's the best tool I've found for binning and removing ages, because it removes all the resources properly).

If you remove hair resources manually, don't delete the 3DIR files, because they act weird for hairs, and deleting them often creates a ton of issues. Done manually it's enough to delete the PropertySet, and the TXMTs and TXTRs you don't need - but make sure they're the correct ones, and always check them in Bodyshop or CAS before you consider the hairs done).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:57 PM
Thank you so much, for your helpful advice.. I fix it finally.