Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#11801 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:20 AM
@FranH
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Now for my question:
Is there any way to reset the rating for a business once it reaches the level 10 designation? I have a couple of them that were sold, but priced according to the level they were sold at. Expensive, to be fair.

I think the response lies in Simpe's business info tab.
You'll need to test though. The only thing I've done here is the "reward again" option.

@srtv
I'd also keep the userstartup.cheat file (if you have one) in the Config folder.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#11802 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:26 PM
Does the Simlogical stay-things shrub work for Apartments? Because Apartments usually reset to the original set up after a sim moves out so does the shrub interrupt that code and keep whatever was set to stay?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#11803 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:52 PM
It doesn't.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11804 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Does the Simlogical stay-things shrub work for Apartments? Because Apartments usually reset to the original set up after a sim moves out so does the shrub interrupt that code and keep whatever was set to stay?
It's because of how apartments work - when you move a sim out of an apartment and apparently back into the same apartment, it is, in fact, not the same apartment. The game makes a copy of the base lot every time you move a sim in and discards any version of the lot it made before and is now unoccupied. Basically, the stay things shrub can't work with apartments because it's never the same apartment lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11805 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:45 PM
Essa, I never thought of that! You can change the rating from 10 to whatever, I bet. I'll check it out and report back.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11806 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:51 AM
To the best of my knowledge, no.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#11807 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:35 PM
Does anyone know at what stage a sim taken by the social worker loses their memories and attachments to the biological family? Is it when they're taken, or when they're adopted? I've not had it happen in a while, so I don't remember.

I'm hoping to set up a children's home, and while I understand that I can teleport in any children who have been given up for adoption with the cat and then use the blender to change family ties if they're being adopted - I'm struggling to find a solution for any children who are neglected or orphaned. Am I better just installing the mod that prevents the social worker or is there a work around?
Alchemist
#11808 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:55 PM
The wipe happens when they're adopted.
Lab Assistant
#11809 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The wipe happens when they're adopted.

Thanks
Scholar
#11810 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ice_Elf
Does anyone know at what stage a sim taken by the social worker loses their memories and attachments to the biological family? Is it when they're taken, or when they're adopted? I've not had it happen in a while, so I don't remember.

I'm hoping to set up a children's home, and while I understand that I can teleport in any children who have been given up for adoption with the cat and then use the blender to change family ties if they're being adopted - I'm struggling to find a solution for any children who are neglected or orphaned. Am I better just installing the mod that prevents the social worker or is there a work around?

Try this one, it's originally from A&N made to work in Mansion and Gardens. I have been testing it in M&G for a while now and am quite sure all is well. What makes it ideal for your purpose is it has an 'orphan' mode on it's filters. When the orphan filter is set it will only search for sims in the orphan family and when it 'brings one in' the infant is adopted by the sim doing the import and spouse if applicable. The original family ties are not cut and when the orphan is old enough, child or teen only she/he can select the option to move back to 'birth mother's home' (ideal for townie's children).
CJH_NeighbourTeleporter.zip (20kb) https://app.box.com/s/ha98vauo1kd1g79otpy5b0ks4dkkg7mz

Find in the General / Miscellaneous catalogue for $50

When orphan mode is not on the imported sim becomes part of the family which gives you full access to change whatever you like, their original family information is stored in the telporter, career data is removed and stored in the teleporter so they don't go to work. When you send the sim home the sim is restored to the original family and career data returned.
Mad Poster
#11811 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:34 PM
If I add a Downtown (clean and empty version) and it eventually generates downtownies, vamps, and all NL NPCs, will I still be able to delete it safely afterwards? And what about shopping districts?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11812 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:38 PM
AFAIK, when you delete a sub-hood, it just deletes the terrain. Certainly doesn't delete sims.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
#11813 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:11 PM
Just don't forget to move any gravestones and urns that might be in the downtown/shopping district you want to remove to a graveyard in another neighbourhood. The Maxis Downtown already comes with some gravestones in the House of Fallen Trees and the graveyard at Gothier Green Lawns.
Mad Poster
#11814 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
AFAIK, when you delete a sub-hood, it just deletes the terrain. Certainly doesn't delete sims.

I hope that's the case. :/

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Just don't forget to move any gravestones and urns that might be in the downtown/shopping district you want to remove to a graveyard in another neighbourhood. The Maxis Downtown already comes with some gravestones in the House of Fallen Trees and the graveyard at Gothier Green Lawns.

I'm using Jawusa's cleaned up and emptied versions of Downtown and Bluewater Village (Thanks, Jawusa!) so those are completely free of any sims or graves.

I always thought you couldn't delete those if you only had one left of each. Turns out that only applies to university neighborhoods. Not a problem with those.

Thank you, maxon & Orphalesion!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11815 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
I hope that's the case. :/

Well, it boots resident sims to the sim bin - though now I think about it, I'm not sure about graves but if you have nounlinkondelete you should be fine.

Mad Poster
#11816 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, it boots resident sims to the sim bin - though now I think about it, I'm not sure about graves but if you have nounlinkondelete you should be fine.

I do have nounlinkondelete. TBH, the only reason I wanna add DT is for the NPCs.
Mad Poster
#11817 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Does the game have a pattern when it comes to name generation? It can't be a coincidence that the game will occasionally reuse certain name combos when / if you make new townies using the mailbox. Any insight on this, anyone?

From what I understand is that EAxis inputted two lists of First and Last names. When a townie is generated, the game is supposed to pick one from each, randomly. Of course, sometimes, it happens that it might occasionally pick the same first name and/or last name by chance. In one of my neighborhoods, I kept seeing the first name Caryl on several newly generated female townies.

BTW, in a neighborhood that uses the EAxis templates, there are actually three Marylena Hamilton's! One's an NPC, one is an adult townie, and and one is teen tourist. All three will usually show up in any custom neighborhood created using the same ol' templates that I believe Pleasantview uses.
Mad Poster
#11818 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:53 PM
It seems that the RNG that Maxis uses in TS2 is pretty faulty in general, think I read that it wasn't seeded properly. Firstborn syndrome and all.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11819 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
It seems that the RNG that Maxis uses in TS2 is pretty faulty in general, think I read that it wasn't seeded properly. Firstborn syndrome and all.

Sadorandom TM
Alchemist
#11820 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:43 AM
repeated questions::
SC4 files; how many shipped version ones are there in whole game (ie with all packs installed)?

lot catalog.
noticed duplicate lots of pre-made expansion lots in lot bin; except for "specialty lots". is this normal or not?

something else::
noticed an option in Game options called "Force 12 hour". which pack was it introduced and what is it?
Mad Poster
#11821 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
repeated questions::
SC4 files; how many shipped version ones are there in whole game (ie with all packs installed)?

lot catalog.
noticed duplicate lots of pre-made expansion lots in lot bin; except for "specialty lots". is this normal or not?

something else::
noticed an option in Game options called "Force 12 hour". which pack was it introduced and what is it?

Lot catalog: Not really, but it's not harmful either. It can happen when reinstalling the game files.

Force 12 hour: Not sure of the EP. It changes the in-game clock from 24-hour to 12-hour. I had trouble with it, though. Think it kept resetting. I had to change it through the registry.

Link Ninja
#11822 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:40 AM
Anyone who is bat box saavy, can you answer this:

Would this mechanism in the bat box - "NUKE STUCK MOVE OUT"
Quote:
Nukes the college move-out controller, which can become corrupted and
prevent sims from moving out of college."

Would that issue only be if they couldn't move out of college or if somehow they are just out of college in the main hood family bin and can't seem to move into any lot? Related to an open issue I am having but wanted to see if there was a quick answer about this nuke move out option.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11823 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:20 AM
I think it means when the graduate doesn't move out. I had this happen second last last uni round, one kid had a graduation party but the cab never arrived.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#11824 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:28 AM
ah thanks, Jo. I guess this isn't what I'm looking for then to solve my issue.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11825 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:58 AM
Maybe try another sims lot, teleport and move in then move them back out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 473 of 1339