Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 7:11 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 10th Feb 2013 at 8:49 PM. Reason: Solved thanks to the mighty Bloom
Default How on earth do we edit the Z rigging on a car? - SOLVED
Hi, I've been converting some of my Sims 3 cars for TS2 and am stumped as to how to re-rig Z positions of things. In SimPE, as far as I can tell there are only boxes for inputting X and Y positions (see below pic). So I've been able to move headlights/taillights and sims forward and backward and side to side, but not up and down.

How do we edit the Z axis? I need to be able to do this in order to raise sims' seating positions much higher so that they sit inside my drivable spaceships. I know it can be done - I have a couple of drivable spaceships from years ago by another creator, and looking inside his package files, I can see that he was able to change the Z axis to a much higher figure. (But I unfortunately can't ask him how he did it as I no longer know how to contact him - he seems to have retired from Sims creating.)

What to do? Is there some other way of getting to the Z axis to edit it other than from the CRES screen depicted above? I'm only lightly experienced with SimPE and that was the only screen I could find to do rigging from. Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 8:25 PM
lol, pull the window up a little
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 8:48 PM
Hahahahahahaaaa, OMG, thank you, how embarrassing!

I tried everything, making the window different sizes, scrolling, running SimPE on another PC with a bigger screen and 4:3 aspect ratio (instead of my small widescreen laptop), etc, and no luck. But I didn't realise you could enlarge just the BOTTOM half of the window by pulling up the divider in the middle of the screen, which I guess is what you mean!

(I am a newbie with TS2 creating and SimPE, so there's a lot of stuff that isn't clear to me.)

So now that I've made the bottom half of the window taller, I can see the Z axis at long last! Thanks again!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 9:02 PM
your welcome