Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Collection Folder Files for Decrapified Store Sets

by Arethien Posted 19th Feb 2019 at 10:40 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2019 at 9:56 AM by Arethien

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 1:51 AM
Er, aren't the decrapified items usually pirated? I thought ModTheSims didn't support pirating...

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 2:32 AM Last edited by HereKittyKittyKitty : 20th Feb 2019 at 2:35 AM. Reason: clarifying
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Er, aren't the decrapified items usually pirated? I thought ModTheSims didn't support pirating...

While I'm sure some people have illegal pirated files not everyone that uses that type of file stole the file.
Every file I have has been acquired legally. I hate using the launcher so almost every sims3pack file I have has been converted over to a package file. Plus it's easier to add and remove them if needed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Arethien : 20th Feb 2019 at 3:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea

Quote: Originally posted by HereKittyKittyKitty
While I'm sure some people have illegal pirated files not everyone that uses that type of file stole the file.
Every file I have has been acquired legally. I hate using the launcher so almost every sims3pack file I have has been converted over to a package file. Plus it's easier to add and remove them if needed.

Thank you for clarifying HereKittyKittyKitty.
Main reason I am using decrypified versions is game loading time in addition to skipping the launcher and easy uninstall. Even without mod objects Store only is way more than launcher can handle.

I decrypified all of them, unpacked and then merged in only 6 .package files. Plus few I apparently forgot and found missing while making this collection.
I still have quite a few items installed by the launcher, but because they obviously do not show in it I could not uninstall them. Maybe someday I will sort it out more.

For now my game loads fully in less than 5 minutes with all expansions and full store so I am content with the result.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 8:43 AM Last edited by Dixieland : 20th Feb 2019 at 8:45 AM. Reason: Fryer not friar. Where is my mind!?
Quote: Originally posted by Arethien
Thank you for clarifying HereKittyKittyKitty.
Main reason I am using decrypified versions is game loading time in addition to skipping the launcher and easy uninstall. Even without mod objects Store only is way more than launcher can handle.

I decrypified all of them, unpacked and then merged in only 6 .package files. Plus few I apparently forgot and found missing while making this collection.
I still have quite a few items installed by the launcher, but because they obviously do not show in it I could not uninstall them. Maybe someday I will sort it out more.

For now my game loads fully in less than 5 minutes with all expansions and full store so I am content with the result.

I would like to add from my own experience that decrapified files tend to work better, too. I used to always have trouble with the deep fryer object. When I decided to decrapify it and place it into a merged file for faster loading, I never had an issue with it again.
My only regret is that I waited so long to decrapify my files to begin with.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 9:13 AM
Wow this must have taken a lot of effort!
Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HereKittyKittyKitty

That's good to know; thanks so much for clarifying!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:46 PM
Can you use these collections if your items are not decrapified? If they were loaded through the launcher?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Can you use these collections if your items are not decrapified? If they were loaded through the launcher?

No, if not decrapyfied.

Decrapyfied files do not automatically turn into .packages, only after extraction from original store .sims3pack.
It works for both decrapyfied .sims3pack installed through the launcher and .package files in mods folder.

To make them work with original store items I would have to make them all over again using original files and the launcher. Not going to happen soon if ever. Sorry.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:32 AM
Hurray. I have a lot of custom stuff so files are always appreciated
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:09 PM Last edited by MangaGrl2665 : 24th Feb 2019 at 11:18 PM.
Sorry if I missed it in the description, but can I copy the entire folders worth into the User file or do I have to select the ones I have one by one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MangaGrl2665
Sorry if I missed it in the description, but can I copy the entire folders worth into the User file or do I have to select the ones I have one by one?

You can copy all .package files to your user collection folder. Including the ones you do not have, it won't break anything, BUT then you will have empty folders in your collection tab in game. Not really efficient way of looking for items if you have to scroll over empty folders first.

If you don't remember what you have installed you can delete .package folders of item sets you don't have after you have seen they are empty in game. Names in game and .packages are the same so easy to find.

These files are safe to add and delete whenever you want. As long as the game is closed of course!
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arethien
You can copy all .package files to your user collection folder. Including the ones you do not have, it won't break anything, BUT then you will have empty folders in your collection tab in game. Not really efficient way of looking for items if you have to scroll over empty folders first.

If you don't remember what you have installed you can delete .package folders of item sets you don't have after you have seen they are empty in game. Names in game and .packages are the same so easy to find.

These files are safe to add and delete whenever you want. As long as the game is closed of course!

Thanks this is going to be super helpful! Looks like I have some list making and deleting in my future.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 7:55 AM
Thank you! I was looking for this forEVER!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 11:21 PM
Thank you so much for this! All my collections were deleted somehow and I've been dreading redoing them myself!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 3:57 PM
Thank you so much for this! I've just reinstalled TS3 including all of my store items and was dreading having to search for sets in the catalog.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 4:42 AM
DUDE IK YOURE NOT ON MTS ANYMORE BUT I TRULY HOPE YOU SOMEDAY POP IN AND SEE THAT I AM INFINITELY GRATEFUL TO YOU THIS IS EVERYTHING
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Mar 2023 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nahyutarightsactivist
DUDE IK YOURE NOT ON MTS ANYMORE BUT I TRULY HOPE YOU SOMEDAY POP IN AND SEE THAT I AM INFINITELY GRATEFUL TO YOU THIS IS EVERYTHING

I'm still alive and still playing The Sims games, just not downloading new mods as much 🙂.

I'm glad if it helped, you're welcome 🙂.