Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#301 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:59 AM
Mootilda, thank you for giving us that part of you that wanted to help, that wanted to make everyone's game more enjoyable. You were truly remarkable in your talent, generous in spirit and wonderfully kind.

Shine on, friend.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#302 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:08 AM
I never paid much attention to many things here, but this is the first thing that popped up. I just came on here to post condolences to her friends and family and hope they see this who thread made out to her. Even helping people on game modding, and doing what she loved, seems to have made her a memorable person who seems like she would of been amazing to meet. :,( I hope the family of her and her friends see this thread and know how much people loved her and will miss her. As I've said I never got the chance to meet her, but from here I can see she was great <3 :,( R.i.p Miss Mootilda ♥
Test Subject
#303 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:29 AM
oh, well this is a sad turn of events..good bye mootilda.. We all miss you
Mad Poster
#304 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:36 AM
I don't tend to check the front page, so I only just found out about this after noticing a post about it on Back Alley Sims.

This is terrible news! I didn't even know that she was ill. I use a heap of her stuff, especially the Hood Checker and Clean Installer. I remember her helping me to understand the Hood Checker error messages when I was getting a ton of them. I also remember that just about every thread involving problems doing or understanding stuff had a post from her in it trying to help. Now just clicking the thanks button seems insufficient for all the stuff that she gave us. So, thank you Mootilda, for everything that you have done!

I just finished looking around various sim sites that I frequent and it's amazing to see how many have tributes to her and how many people knew her. Back Alley Sims, Simbology, Affinity Sims, Plumbbob Keep, Insimenator, MATY. MTS just won't seem like MTS without her; it's like someone removed part of the site permanently.

My condolences to her family and friends and I hope that wherever she is she can take all her sims with her (with all bugs fixed) and still look down on the crazy stuff we do here from time to time!
Test Subject
#305 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:28 AM
Too soon. Rest in peace, Mootilda!
Lab Assistant
#306 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:10 AM
I love her work and will miss her wisdom. May God's blessings be showered upon her family, friends, and all who loved her as they mourn her passing. This is indeed a terrible loss for the Sim's community.
Test Subject
#307 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:31 AM
I didnt know her but this is very sad, rest in peace
Forum Resident
#308 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:34 AM
I have not logged on for a long time. I decided to log on today because Sims4 is out. I have belonged to Mod the Sims since several months after its inception. Those of us who have been here for a long time are almost like family. Mootilda's passing came as a deep shock to me. She was talented, creativity, funny, and just an all round terrific person. I shall miss her. I regret that I have not signed on for a long time and that I did not get to speak with her for a long time. God bless you Mootilda, May God welcome you into his loving arms.
McAlli

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Test Subject
#309 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:52 PM
Another Simmer, who has left the world forever. It is sad. This year, many Simmer are already gone . My sincere condolences to the family and her friends.
Test Subject
#310 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:56 PM
How Sad! She's resting in a better place now <:')
Theorist
#311 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:31 PM
I'm quite shocked and deeply saddened to hear this news. Mootilda's been a fixture here for as long as I've been a member. I didn't know her beyond her screen name, avatar, and forum posts, but we've both participated in several threads in the off-topic area and have directly replied to each other in several of them. I never knew of her health problems, and knowing that now gives me more insight into some of the things she's said. I now think of her words, and am in awe at how brave and strong she was. I'm truly thankful to have had the opportunity to get to know her, if even in the tiniest way, in the OT area of the forum.

My deepest condolences to Quatchi, her family, and friends.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#312 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:39 PM
Oh my God! How did I not notice this before?

R.I.P Mootilda. You and your family will be in my prayers
Test Subject
#313 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:24 PM
she made my sims world better which in turn made my day better may she has the best version in the sky
Test Subject
#314 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:29 PM
Although I've downloaded a ton of mods and objects over the years, I am a long time lurker and seldom post, but I will always remember smiling whenever I spotted Mootilda's little cow avatar in a post. My warmest condolences and thoughts for her family and friends.
Test Subject
#315 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:56 PM
This news stabs my heart with sadness. :C I'll miss her.... but at least now her cancer can give her no more pain.. <3
Test Subject
#316 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klaartje
Oh no, this is terrible My thoughts are with her friends and her family.

My condolences too
Top Secret Researcher
#317 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:06 PM
I have not had the privilege to interact with Mootilda very often during my time here at MTS. However, when I need help or information and lurk through old threads, I can see just how helpful, kind, and knowledgeable Mootilda is. I regret not being able to work with her, and I especially regret missing this news post when it first came out. The Sims' modding community will certainly miss Mootilda for her excellent contributions.

Now who will take over development of the Clean Installer and HoodChecker?
Field Researcher
#318 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
Oh, how incredibly sad! I never had the pleasure of knowing her personally on the forums, but her insight, knowledge, and contributions will be deeply missed. My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Test Subject
#319 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:34 PM
Sorry to hear this. Hope she has peace.
Field Researcher
#320 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 12:00 AM
May she rest in peace. She will be missed.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Field Researcher
#321 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 12:42 AM
I read this the day it was posted, and I still cannot find the words I would like to say. I use her mods pretty regularly- especially the hood checker, and it'll be strange to think that she's gone. My condolences to her family. We never spoke directly, but her kindness and helpfulness always showed through her posts. We love you, Mootilda.
Test Subject
#322 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:13 AM
I've just joined, I'm sorry to hear of this community's loss.
Alchemist
#323 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:49 AM
This is so shocking and saddening! I knew Mootilda was very kind and helpful with the community. She and her work will never be forgotten.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#324 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:39 AM
This is horrible, I'm so sad for her.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#325 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 12:32 PM
I had no idea she was so ill - well, I guess few of us did. Poor Moo - what a helpful and kind person she was. I will miss seeing her posts though I will go on using her great tools - so useful. She deserves all the sim sites tributes - every one. So nice to see people paying their respects the community over.

I hope, Delphy, you will pass on our respects and love to her family if you get the chance.

Edit: just seen this:
Quote: Originally posted by Quatchi
In real life Mootilda was my wife. We had known this was coming and we had some time to prepare for it, but it was very sudden when it happened.

Every day when I came home Mootilda would tall me about her day, and all the people she had helped, the interesting problems that she was working on, the discoveries she had made about how the game worked, or some new creation she had made from the tools she had created. This community made her so happy and brought her so much joy. I can't thank everyone enough for helping to give her life purpose.
I can't say enough good things about my wife. This outpouring of support from everyone has made me cry. I knew how many people she has touched over the years but to see it like this is overwhelming. I loved her dearly, and like everyone else here I will miss her.

Thank you so much for coming here to post - I'm glad the community has touched you in paying their respects. I wish you the best with whatever the future holds.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 13 of 19