Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#1151 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 5:58 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 20th Oct 2018 at 6:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
@ScaryRob it says something in mts rules about double staircase in 2 story building. At least it did earlier. Is it staircase objects or just double staircases?

MTS rules? Link?
What do you mean by "staircase objects"?
See, here's a new TS3 upload that has two double-wide staircases, in separate areas of the house. I don't see a compelling reason to do this, design-wise, which is why I'm asking whether there is a game reason, such as in TS2, where only one Sim at a time can use the finished staircases that come in one piece (not the modular ones, which allow more than one Sim to use them at the same time).

Also, could you do me a favor and not include "@ScaryRob" in your message? I'm obviously subscribed to this thread, so I will see your response, but if you include "@ScaryRob" I have to go into my private messages and delete it, which is annoying. The practice of calling someone's attention in that way should only be used in a thread they are not likely subscribed to. Thanks.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#1152 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 3:44 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 20th Oct 2018 at 3:56 PM.
The creator rules don't say anything about a use of a single or doublewidth staircase.
TS2 Rules
TS3 Rules

You explained 'staircase objects' yourself. Those are the finished stairs.

Judging by the looks of that home I see a beginner creator, and the double staircase here truly is for the style and the idea of 'luxurious' since most mansions have wide staircases in real life.

*I'm currently firing up my game to be able to give a proper answer to your question.*

So, TS3 does not allow 2 Sims on a single-width staircase at once.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1153 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
The creator rules don't say anything about a use of a single or doublewidth staircase.
TS2 Rules
TS3 Rules

You explained 'staircase objects' yourself. Those are the finished stairs.

Judging by the looks of that home I see a beginner creator, and the double staircase here truly is for the style and the idea of 'luxurious' since most mansions have wide staircases in real life.

*I'm currently firing up my game to be able to give a proper answer to your question.*

In that case they have removed the double staircase requirement. It used to say, but was a bit odd for smaller houses, this one is on a 60x60 lot though. Staircase objects are useless stairs, only modded objects. Luna had some of them. I have looked at the floorplan, they look real.
Theorist
#1154 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:35 AM
the double staircase here truly is for the style and the idea of 'luxurious' since most mansions have wide staircases in real life.

OK, perhaps in the case of this house it might be justified for the sake of "style", but there have been a number of small-ish houses in the last few months where it was really odd to have double-width stairs.

Quote:

Not even with modular stairs (assuming TS3 has them)?
Theorist
#1155 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
In that case they have removed the double staircase requirement. It used to say, but was a bit odd for smaller houses

Indeed odd, but if it was an upload requirement it would explain why people have been putting them even into small houses.
Good thing double-wide stairs are no longer an upload requirement. Considering the myriad of game-play issues in all of the Sims series of games, it would be very strange to address this one issue, to the exclusion of others. I mean, like I said, in TS2, the object stairs also only allow one Sim at a time and MTS never addressed that in their upload requirements. Most builders know never to use those stairs, except in very special circumstances.

Anyway, sorry for interrupting the thread with this, but I just found it odd that some otherwise nice house uploads had oddly-looking double-wide stairs.
Alchemist
#1156 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 1:13 PM
TS3 only has modular staircases. (Except ladders, spiral stairs and and custom 90 or 180 degree ones, those are single placeable 'objects')

#1157 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 8:29 PM
TS3 only has modular staircases. (Except ladders, spiral stairs and and custom 90 or 180 degree ones, those are single placeable 'objects')

And they only allow 1 Sim at a time - sucks.
So, as I suspected, that's why people have been doubling them up, regardless of whether it was an upload requirement.
Although now you've got me curious - what do those 90 and 180 degree stairs look like? Are they half-landings, which were always a wish for TS2?
Alchemist
#1158 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
And they only allow 1 Sim at a time - sucks.
So, as I suspected, that's why people have been doubling them up, regardless of whether it was an upload requirement.
Although now you've got me curious - what do those 90 and 180 degree stairs look like? Are they half-landings, which were always a wish for TS2?

Yes, they're the easy alternative to CFE half-landings, though they work like spiral staircases appearently:

Quote:
IMPORTANT! These stairs are based on the spiral stairs and use spiral stairs animations, but you can get a scripted version with the animations removed at Simlogical.

#1159 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 6:22 PM
Sorry I have been absent for a while but here we go!
I have completed another massive project which took me at least a few months to complete!
This massive manor will be apart of my Gilded Age Series!
Just need a name

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1160 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 4:04 PM
Nice colors on the exterior, and I like the use of the carpets to get the diamond-ish shape.

#1161 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 1:38 AM
Here are a few interior shots of my Manor that will be a part of m Gilded Age series!

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1162 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:50 AM
I finally finished the large Lot I showed a couple of pages back, post #1095. I originally didn't want to put yet another swimming pool in the large back yard, but I just don't know what else would be appropriate there for this kind of house. I did keep the little fishing pond and the "wild" area around it.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#1163 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 10:57 PM
Could you tease me (or us, depends) with one more pond-picture? I like natural gardens.
Maybe you could add some flowers around the pool area, unless you want to keep neutral

#1164 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 12:40 AM
Could you tease me (or us, depends) with one more pond-picture? I like natural gardens.
Maybe you could add some flowers around the pool area, unless you want to keep neutral

No problem, although you'll be disappointed because I'm not good at landscaping. I'm always amazed at what other TS2 builders do with CC-free landscaping, just using the moveobjects cheat. But then there's the exorbitant costs of the various shrubbery and trees. Most of the bushes in TS2 are $100, or more, which is just ridiculous. They should be, like maybe $5-$10. Another thing is that landscaping around a house depends a lot on what kind of neighborhood the Lot is placed into. Maybe not so much with this particular Lot, since it has a wall around it, but with others that are open to the neighboring Lots.
Anyway, I'm babbling again.
I think I will upload this Lot, and maybe some others, to the Sim File Share website, since the whole point of all this is to share with others. At least for me it is.
Anyway, here are some pics in the meantime.
Forum Resident
#1165 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 7:28 PM
Everything was perfect for my Manor but i need to take better screenshots. The problem is that my laptop is so slow it takes forever to load everything haha! I am hoping to get a new one for christmas!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1166 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:11 PM
Don't you love it when the launcher just doesn't cooperate? Tried installing a set from Mutske. Accidentally double clicked on the .sim3packs, it installed, okay, fine. But then the rest of the set just plain refused to show up in the launcher. Or, well they do show up as these tiny little boxes without a name nor image.
Got it to work. My goodness.

#1167 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 26th Nov 2018 at 5:12 PM.
Mock-Tudor/Tudoresque based on a house in Brisbane. Changed plenty with a little Johnny magic. It's an older pic before furnishings. There's a pool in the back now.
I was confused about what the floor plan looks like, because it's built on a sloping lot. The front door is on what seems the lower level, and the garage on the upper? Couldn't really tell what the living floor was, since I've never seen that before, so I have the bedrooms in a walk-out basement.
Street view

And this cottage I made today (From scratch to finished house, has been a while since I've managed to do that!)

Soo with this one still sitting there in-game, doing nothing but look pretty, I have 3 homes to upload here.
Screenshots

#1168 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:15 PM
Mock-Tudor/Tudoresque based on a house in Brisbane.

Dare I ask what you were doing prowling the virtual streets of Brisbane?
The houses look great, can't wait to see their interiors.
Alchemist
#1169 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
Dare I ask what you were doing prowling the virtual streets of Brisbane?
The houses look great, can't wait to see their interiors.

I might post some interior pics later, depending if I feel like simming again tonight. I didn't exactly prowl the virtual streets of that beautiful neighbourhood (70's AUS architecture seems more impressive, or at least in this 'hood ).
I just wanted some inspiration for a Tudor (-styled) house, and scrolling through google brought me to this home which instantly catched my eye. It was already mentioned that the home is in Brisbane, so I only had to get on maps and enter the street name which was visible in the original picture
Then I initially wanted to recreate it, and took a little tour around the house, but there are too many obscured corners and details + a sloped corner lot.
Didn't want to put a small home on a huge lot just to get that garage -kind of- right.

#1170 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 7:59 AM
Well, I don't know why I'm so worried about only uploading pics of my own designs when others post stuff they made from houses they saw in their neighborhoods.
Not trying to really complain, because this thread is not very active anyway and I think any posting is good. Maybe the thread header should be changed to something less restrictive?
Alchemist
#1171 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 4:44 PM
Something like 'what you created'?
I mean as long as you made whatever you post it's fine really. It's not necessarily restricted to something you designed completely by yourself, heck, someone even posted their real life designs here once.

#1172 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 6:20 PM
Something like 'what you created'?
I mean as long as you made whatever you post it's fine really. It's not necessarily restricted to something you designed completely by yourself, heck, someone even posted their real life designs here once.

Sure, 'What you Created' would work, or some similar wording. Maybe 'Show Us your Latest Creation', or 'Your Latest Creation: Pix or it Didn't Happen'. Any of those would work.
Or it could just be left as it is and not worry about it.

It's just that I noticed a recent post of mine that was styled after something I saw on Pinterest didn't get usual up votes quickly enough.
So I thought it might have been because it wasn't my own design. Of course, it's entirely possible that the crowd just didn't like the design, but how likely is that?
I mean, there's at least the usual two or three sympathy votes, right?
Right?
Alchemist
#1173 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 1st Dec 2018 at 9:36 AM.
Even if your posts don't get any sympathy upvotes, who cares, just show off

Edit: If your creation is inspired by something, it's no problem to post a picture of it. Maybe it inspires others too. I've noticed serveral builders who build a home off of one floor plan. It's always nice to see different people having a go at the same plan, since you can similarities and differences. Kinda like a foundation challange.

#1174 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 12:57 AM
If im not on before Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1175 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 10:58 AM
Floor plans of the mock-tudor. I thought I finished the home, but it seems I still have a garage, bedroom, and backyard to decorate, lol. But those are minor.
Screenshots

Page 47 of 98