Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#326 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:52 AM
Thanks!!. I've got the test working.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#327 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 9:11 AM
I have made several books, but the only pie menu string is Read "name of the book". I would like to add a pie menu string: Read to toddler. Would it be possible to do that when I follow this tutorial? I have no experience with BHAV at all.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#328 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 3:23 AM
Do you want to make this change to the bookshelf, or to the book itself?

Toddler/adult interactions can be quite tricky, but this sort of tutorial would give you a first step.
Top Secret Researcher
#329 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 8:17 AM
The books I made are separate objects from the bookcase. You can even read them when there is no bookcase in the house.
So it's to the books themselves. I tried it yesterday with your tutorial, but it didn't work out.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#330 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 8:38 AM
Do you want to post the book you edited, and I'll see if I can tell what went wrong?
Top Secret Researcher
#331 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:52 PM
As you will see I didn't follow your tutorial exactly. I found some interactions for Action BHAV and Guardian BHAV and I found out how to add a pie menu string (which does work). The interaction itself doesn't work even though it was already in the package when I cloned it.
I hope you can help.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TheHolyBible-Liente-20100822.rar (334.5 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#332 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 5:11 PM
please help me with something, well i successfully followed your tutorial up to where it says

"The first thing you need to do is to go to the end of your interaction, then add and link in a new command."

in step 4, i don't understand how to "add and link" a command
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#333 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:10 PM
If you go back up to part three, part of the instructions is to add a new command and make sure it's linked to the previous one. That's what you need to do. It's the part which starts "What we need to do is add a second command".
Test Subject
#334 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:57 PM
Thanks

now i need one last help, when i enter the operands that it tells you to in step: 4 it just says...

[prim 0x006A] Animate sim (animation: [fallback: Global] "a-
noExpression" [AdultAnims:0x00 (private)],
Event tree: --- (Private),
Anim Speed: ---,
Interuptible: False,
Start at Tag: ---,
Trans to idle: False,
Blend out: True,
Blend in: True,
Flip Flag: False,
Synch to last anim: False
Use controling object as anim source: False
Not Hurryable: False
Ik object: Stack Object ID 0x0000
Priority: 0x00 (low)

But in you tutorial it says diferently
If it matters im using SimPE 0.72
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#335 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 5:55 AM
Just keep going. That's a change between the different versions of SimPE
Top Secret Researcher
#336 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:04 AM
@Echo: Have you already took a look at the changes I made to the books?
What did I do wrong?

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#337 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 10:22 AM
liente, I think the problem is probably that you've removed some of the necessary interactions from the TTAB. The "Interaction - Read to" function is trying to push interaction 0x5 ("Be read to") onto the toddler's queue, but it can't because your version of the book only has interactions 0x4, 0xF and 0x10. I think if you re-add that interaction to your TTAB (with all its original settings) then it'll probably start working again.

One tip, if you want to remove pie menu options from something, then while you're still doing development just uncheck all of the age group flags. It won't ever show up for any sim, but you've still got all the original information in case you need it (for cases like this). You should only remove them once you're absolutely sure you don't need them. (Or you can leave them in, they don't do any harm!)
Top Secret Researcher
#338 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 2:32 PM
I don't even remember removing a pie menu string. I think I messed around in it a little too much.
So exactly what interaction should I re-add and how do I do that (where can I find it in the tut)?

Btw: I can't find interaction 0x05 :s only the three other ones you mention.

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#339 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 12:35 AM
How did you get your base book object? Did it come with a TTAB, or did you add it? There won't be any tutorials for re-adding an entry once deleted, it's not really something that people need to do very often.
Top Secret Researcher
#340 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 8:15 AM
I have no idea actually about that TTAB thing. The original base book object The Holy Bible is available on MTS. Maybe it's easier to download it again and to start all over to add the interaction read to toddlers.
(Only thing I have to do then is found out how to add that interaction correctly )

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#341 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 11:48 AM
Ah, okay. In that case, the person who made that object originally has started with the book and stripped out all the interactions. If you clone a new, temporary copy of a book from the game and look at it's TTAB, you should see what option 5 is pointing to. You need to re-add that to your Bible book clone.
Lab Assistant
#342 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 8:20 PM
Can you post a tutorial to create a new social interaction between two sims...
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#343 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chrystali8
Can you post a tutorial to create a new social interaction between two sims...

I could, but I probably won't. Creating a social interaction between two sims is very similar to creating an interaction with an object. The only differences are:
- The object should be cloned from a social object base, with two interactions - one for sim A, and one for sim B. The social object base already has this set up, you just need to re-write the appropriate BHAVs.
- There needs to be a second, social plugin object, which adds in the pie menu options and is linked to the main social by GUID.

If you've already got a good grasp on BHAV coding, then it's quite simple. If you don't have a good grasp on BHAVs though, then it's almost impossibly hard (because it's so difficult to debug). Custom socials aren't a great beginner project.

Do you have a fairly high confidence with BHAVs? If so, then I'm very happy to help you get started with custom socials. If not, then you might like to try some straight sim-to-object interactions first, to build up some confidence.
Field Researcher
#344 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 4:41 PM
Thanks for the great tutorial! I got stuck a few times but I found somethings out on my own and the others I just reread certain parts of the tutorial. I feel more confident now about modding. So eventually I might try uploading something of my own on here.
Test Subject
#345 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 1:16 AM
I need some help please
Um when I have the painting in my game the pie menu appered but no words, I need help. Here is the mod:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  (Mod) Painting.zip (88.5 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#346 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 4:25 AM
For starters, your Pie Menu Strings have a Group value of 0x7F18E0F0 instead of 0xFFFFFFFF. Some of your Text Lists also have their original Group value (as opposed to 0xFFFFFFFF) and would override the original version of these Text Lists. I didn't check to see if you gave it a new GUID or if it overrides the original portrait. But see if changing the Group value helps.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
#347 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 3:21 PM Last edited by DutchXfan : 10th Sep 2011 at 10:51 PM.
Never mind.
Instructor
#348 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:22 PM
TreeGlobals does not have pie menu strings or pie menu functions. Does it mean that it's impossible to add interactions to a tree? I tried importing TTAB ad TTas from another package, but they did not seem to be recognised.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#349 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Echo : 8th Nov 2011 at 9:55 AM.
You will need to link the OBJD for the object to your TTAB. Inside the OBJD's raw view, there's a line like "Interaction Table ID" (or something similar). That should be the instance ID for your TTAB.

Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke33
TreeGlobals does not have pie menu strings or pie menu functions. Does it mean that it's impossible to add interactions to a tree? I tried importing TTAB ad TTas from another package, but they did not seem to be recognised.
Instructor
#350 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 7:55 AM
Of course! Thank you
Page 14 of 16