Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 2:42 PM
Default Looking for shelves for hoarder\insane collector
Sooo, I've been RP-ing a dragon in a modern world, and one trait western dragons are famous for is their lust for richies. And displaying said riches in their lairs, so that everyone can see, how wealthy they are.
That being said, the game gives you a tonn of thing that can be considered riches, from frogs and pretty pictures to alien wildlife and real original artifacts of old world civilisation. But in terms of DISPLAYING all that... we-e-e-e-ell... yeah. Not so many options you have there. It's either displaying some of them while selling the others (or let them sit in you inventory for ages, gathering dust), or clog your entire lot with displays and forget about style and\or good taste in general.
Shelves of course can lift part of that problem, but only part, since when you have collections of 25-30 items - it's realy not a big deal to get one or two items a place to sit.
Another problem here is that while I searched all around the web, all I found was shelves made for livings with low ceiling. And practicly NO content, shelves or other, for buildings with high ceilings.
So, what I'm looking for are the shelves on wich you can put, like, over9000+ items WITHOUT using cheats like our favorite moveobjects mode. Bonus points if those shelves be high as a mountain and suited for high ceiling rooms. Have anybody seen one?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 7:47 PM
I would recommend looking through Orangemittens Studio. http://sims4studio.com/thread/2465/...-studio?page=10 She's a modder that adds tons of additional slots to EA stuff. She also has some empty shell book shelves that are just waiting for all your slotting needs.There are about 11 pages of stuff.

Don't use cabinet slots for kitchens though, apparently that needs to be updated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I would recommend looking through Orangemittens Studio. http://sims4studio.com/thread/2465/...-studio?page=10 She's a modder that adds tons of additional slots to EA stuff. She also has some empty shell book shelves that are just waiting for all your slotting needs.There are about 11 pages of stuff.

Don't use cabinet slots for kitchens though, apparently that needs to be updated.

As much as I'd love to use this, it's just doesn't work for me. For some reasons my game just straight up ignores any overrides of the default items. I tried, oh, I tried! Plug in different files, messing up my settings, none of it works. The game just doesn't accept it, period.
So, I need some new meshes, not edits or overrides.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 9:41 PM
Do you have Go to Work? Orangemittens has made a nice mod on the shelves for this expansion http://sims4studio.com/thread/2465/...studio?q=shelve scroll down to the end. It works for me 623 slots.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trismagistos
Do you have Go to Work? Orangemittens has made a nice mod on the shelves for this expansion http://sims4studio.com/thread/2465/...studio?q=shelve scroll down to the end. It works for me 623 slots.

Just tested it aaaaaand no, doesnt work for me. Too small and with "one big piece per shelf" problem on the way.
So far the only shelves that allowed stacking multiple big collectibles on the same shelf was Grand Design here . I need something similar, but bigger. Like WAAAAAY bigger. I have all the expansion packs and catalogs if some.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 3:26 PM
Have you tried the Display Cases converted from Sims 2 to Sims 4 by TheJim07 at ModtheSims?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ursine1bear
Have you tried the Display Cases converted from Sims 2 to Sims 4 by TheJim07 at ModtheSims?

Yup, checked those. They hold even less.