Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 9:46 PM
Default Change loading screen background (want it darker)
The white background in the loading screen is quite blinding to me, and especially annoying at darker hours. Would it be possible to switch it out, or just modify the current one? I've tried looking through the game folders in C:, but I haven't found anything useful. Help appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 11:00 PM
It's in one of the GFX files, which are difficult to mod unless one uses professional software. It's been discussed a bit back in 2014 or early 2015, and I think the actual GFX file with the white UI was identified. Search here in modding discussion and at the official forums in the Technical Modding Forum for GFX and Scaleform which is the program the Sims4 team uses IIRC.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
It's in one of the GFX files, which are difficult to mod unless one uses professional software. It's been discussed a bit back in 2014 or early 2015, and I think the actual GFX file with the white UI was identified. Search here in modding discussion and at the official forums in the Technical Modding Forum for GFX and Scaleform which is the program the Sims4 team uses IIRC.

Thank you, it's nice to have an answer. I think modding the loading screen is quite far outside my ability, so I will patiently wait for the Sims 4 team to either give us a night mode or for someone else to create it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 1:21 PM
Hlath has created a mod for a darker loading screen which you can easily download and put in your mods folder:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=581674