Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 10:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim Talking About Hotel
So, Johnny is living on his own, and invited his family over for a party. His mother, out of the blue, had this to say.
"Resort or bungalo, each hotel provides a unique vacation experience! Why not try them all?"
I... Don't have any hotels in my game. Nor a vacation area. Johnny lives in a custom downtown, if that helps any.
I was just wondering, what could be the cause of it? Do sims occasionally talk about vacations and this just isn't something I noticed before?
I would go through and try to recreate this without CC, but I don't even know what triggered it. She had nothing to say on the subject the last time she came over for a party.
Screenshots

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear
So, Johnny is living on his own, and invited his family over for a party. His mother, out of the blue, had this to say.
"Resort or bungalo, each hotel provides a unique vacation experience! Why not try them all?"
I... Don't have any hotels in my game. Nor a vacation area. Johnny lives in a custom downtown, if that helps any.
I was just wondering, what could be the cause of it? Do sims occasionally talk about vacations and this just isn't something I noticed before?
I would go through and try to recreate this without CC, but I don't even know what triggered it. She had nothing to say on the subject the last time she came over for a party.

I am no expert on sims dialogues, but imo it sounds like one of those things sims just say out of the blue? I'm not sure though
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 11:18 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 21st Apr 2019 at 11:37 PM.
Sounds like something the BV tour guide would say. Have you run Hood Checker? I would be doing so right away.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 11:34 PM
The only issues I'm getting are my usual 'sim a has memory of meeting sim b' and some memory issues relating to the Tricous that I'd guess come from not having a normal downtown, and instead using a custom one.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 1:54 AM
Was it an Influence sim to talk to another sim interaction? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen that specific dialogue, and a bunch of others that really shouldn't be considered 'talk' dialogues all from Bon Voyage, when using influence interactions. Something about BV coding lets sims pick those when influenced even though they aren't normally available to sims. At least they aren't rejected, like a lot of the other choices sims make when influenced!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 2:11 AM
Hey, that very much could be it! Johnny was rolling a bunch of influence wants during the party, so the dialogue probably came from that!!
Thank you to all that helped, it's good to know my game isn't on the fritz yet! (Knock on wood!!)

Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Was it an Influence sim to talk to another sim interaction? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen that specific dialogue, and a bunch of others that really shouldn't be considered 'talk' dialogues all from Bon Voyage, when using influence interactions. Something about BV coding lets sims pick those when influenced even though they aren't normally available to sims. At least they aren't rejected, like a lot of the other choices sims make when influenced!

Simler90 fixed that with the latest version of their "Influence Talk Fix"
http://www.modthesims.info/d/623909...e-talk-fix.html
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 2:59 PM
That would almost certainly come from 'Social - Vacation - What's Cool Here' interaction. Sims can't normally use that interaction except with an NPC at a holiday location, however it does have a Selector Sub-Category of 9 which is the talk category so it may well be the result of being influenced to talk with another sim.