Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 3:04 PM Last edited by cows : 8th Mar 2019 at 1:35 AM. Reason: grammar horrors lol

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default strange duplicate memory?
Okay I'm having some issues...

I moved some sims fresh out of university to any empty lot. There seems to be nothing wrong in the memory panel up to that point.

However if I try to move the family into an already built lot something seems to go wrong with the memories for two of the (5) sims. Both sims graduated "magna cum laude" but then a new (wrong?) memory appears that they graduated "cum laude" but the older memory doesn't go away either... so it shows that they graduated twice, but with different/multiple honors!

I tried moving them to the family bin and back to the empty lot again and the memory problem doesn't happen...
I also moved the five back into an existing house and the memory problem doesn't happen either...

Does anyone have any clue if this is a serious problem? I never had duplicated memories problems before... and I'm not sure if that's even the problem, as technically, the memories are not the same.

I already looked at the neighborhood with hoodchecker before and after the memory creates and no errors on the memory line in hoodchecker shows up. Could it be a mod problem? Why does the memory mistake only happen when they are moved into an already built lot? All the empty built houses I tried moving them into were created by the same creator... there seems to be nothing wrong with the lots...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 7:42 PM
i have also had this problem, but eventually deleted the hood that had sims with this issue because of other strange things going on (child having a crush on his parent, sims randomly showing up engaged, and others) so i can't say for sure if it affected anything. i would also like to know what caused this!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:11 AM
I've had my sims get multiple engagement and marriage memories for no visible reason, but it doesn't happen often enough for me to test/find a possible link between situations

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:35 AM
I would remove the wrong memory with the memory manipulator.

@fluffyfeather did you delete a sim or a grave? Those type of memories tend to come from shredded sims when they attach themselves to a child.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would remove the wrong memory with the memory manipulator.

@fluffyfeather did you delete a sim or a grave? Those type of memories tend to come from shredded sims when they attach themselves to a child.

no, i never deleted any sims/graves in that hood. however, a grave got glitched on an apartment lot once which is probably why that hood had weird issues, but i could be wrong. i believe there were also duplicated graves - i sort of gave up when i first noticed that, lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 11:06 PM
@fluffyfeather do you have No Unlink on delete? This is an important fix to stop game deleted graves from shredding.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@fluffyfeather do you have No Unlink on delete? This is an important fix to stop game deleted graves from shredding.

yes, i have all of the essential mods to prevent corruption - i'm very careful with my game NOW; back then i had no idea they even existed :-(
the hood with the problems is long gone though as i deleted it a few months ago and am now on a fresh, clean hood (at least i'd like to hope so )
the only thing i'm slightly concerned about is the weird random objects saying they are done with work for the day.. ah well. best of luck to OP though
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 3:15 AM Last edited by gazania : 8th Mar 2019 at 12:10 PM.
I've had the two separate graduation memories. The good news is that they didn't cause my hood to go "boom". (Stupid things I did caused that.)

Sometimes, mods can cause weird memories. The poultry wanting to woohoo with my SIms was due to one mod. I had another mod that caused some really weird child memories. They wanted to woohoo with adults.

This does not necessarily mean that the mod creator screwed up. Sometimes. two mods just don't play nicely. Sometimes, you can catch problems when you read the comments about the mods; sometimes, you can't. This experience taught me to be very, very careful when installing new mods, and at least test them out in a junk hood first. Better yet, back up your game before trying a new mod.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.