Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7151 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:50 PM Last edited by igazor : 21st Oct 2017 at 8:55 PM.
Wouldn't put too much faith in my (presumably) long distance digital healing powers. But as a fellow migraine sufferer the last thing in the world I would ever want is a hug if I am suffering from one or still somewhere in the process of recovery, which is why I meant that for "later" at the time.
Advertisement
Instructor
#7152 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 6:08 AM
Sooo for it to count toward the Surrounded by Family LTW (raise 5 sims, babies to teen), does the baby have to belong/be related to the Sim in question? Like if I move a baby into the household and let it grow up there, even if it has no relations to the adult will they still get +1 kid added to it?
Scholar
#7153 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 12:47 PM
I'm pretty sure it has to be related to them - either by being birthed by the Sim with the LTW or through adoption.
Scholar
#7154 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 6:10 AM
Trying to log on to The Sims 3 store site and I keep getting this message: "Invalid login information. Please try again."

It's the same email and password I've been using for years on that hellworld site. Is this just their problem or something on my end?
Top Secret Researcher
#7155 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 6:30 AM
I just went to hell for you, @pirate_wolf_12 by trying to log in "there". It worked fine, and I don't think I was there long enough for the evil shadow to catch me. Whew! Are you sure you have cookies enabled? I have gotten that message if I did not have my cookies- damn now I want cookies. Oh course, you are logged in here, so you probably do. I would try a few more times and then contact customer (not much) support. Accounts do get hijacked from that lovely site.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
#7156 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 7:09 PM
pirate_wolf_12 have you tried another browser? My laptop is tricky with Chrome, but fine with Edge. This is only the case for the store, almost every other page I try to log into works with Chrome.
Lab Assistant
#7157 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 3:37 PM
Is there a way to disable the sparkle effect on the junk piles from the Ambitions EP? It's just so uneccessary for them to sparkle, in my oppinion..
Theorist
#7158 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 4:57 PM
I think I did that recently, but it's not in my notes. Download the Effects Modder Tool
http://modthesims.info/d/446536
and type junk into its search bar.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#7159 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I think I did that recently, but it's not in my notes. Download the Effects Modder Tool
http://modthesims.info/d/446536
and type junk into its search bar.

Thanks, I'll have a look at it!
Top Secret Researcher
#7160 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:00 PM
Default A stupid Statement, not a Stupid Question
As you know, aliens (Seasons) can summon giant meteors (Ambitions).

I knew from experience that analyzing the giant meteors results in a bigger take of simolians. Well, I had nothing better to do today (that is, nothing better that I wanted to do than check out the most profitiable way to get Giant Meteors)

As you can see from the data, analyzing your giant meteors results in an 86% increase in profits, even if the meteors themselves vary far more widely (12x the standard deviation).

TL;DR - analyze your giant meteors for the biggest return for the bang. Squashing NPC sims is just a side benefit...
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#7161 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 6:17 PM
Can you run custom (user-created) worlds if you have the Steam version?
Top Secret Researcher
#7162 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Can you run custom (user-created) worlds if you have the Steam version?

Yes. There's even a way to adjust CAW so you can create world with the Steam version.

I've been getting errors when I try to modify worlds made with EPs and SPs I didn't have... With the latest Steam sale, my set is once again complete. So, I'm going to take another shot at editing some of my favorite user created worlds.
Test Subject
#7163 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 4:11 PM
Sooo...my turn to ask a dumb question! LOL
I am very wary of cc - still have those boots I cannot get rid of!
Anyway, using version 1.67 (thanks to the Steam sale!).
Will houses and lots created with version 1.69 work with version 1.67?
Just checking - because the first lot I downloaded had those boots again!!! Argh....
Site Helper
#7164 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 4:46 PM
The major change between 1.67 and 1.69 was to the Launcher. The only things that are going to be version-specific between the two are core mods.

(http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.c...and-how-to.html might be helpful if you've got the same boots I'm thinking of.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#7165 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The major change between 1.67 and 1.69 was to the Launcher. The only things that are going to be version-specific between the two are core mods.

(http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.c...and-how-to.html might be helpful if you've got the same boots I'm thinking of.)

Yep, those are the boots! LOL
Thanks for the link - guess I'll try to figure it out one more time. Maybe I am more computer savvy by now.
Field Researcher
#7166 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 7:34 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 30th Oct 2017 at 9:05 PM.
Does anyone know, or have experience with what happens when high school teens are due to graduate and your town doesn't have a City Hall?

Wondering if they'll still receive diplomas, etc. If having no City Hall is going to bork things up for them, I'll have to think of where to add a temporary RH rug before a couple of them are due to age up to YA.

ETA: Does the City Hall graduation happen with NRaas SP and Careers module installed? And does graduation happen at the school without it installed? Mods in, mods out, I'm so confused...lol.
Mad Poster
#7167 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 9:20 PM Last edited by igazor : 30th Oct 2017 at 11:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
Does anyone know, or have experience with what happens when high school teens are due to graduate and your town doesn't have a City Hall?

Wondering if they'll still receive diplomas, etc. If having no City Hall is going to bork things up for them, I'll have to think of where to add a temporary RH rug before a couple of them are due to age up to YA.

ETA: Does the City Hall graduation happen with NRaas SP and Careers module installed? And does graduation happen at the school without it installed? Mods in, mods out, I'm so confused...lol.

First, one of my favorite jokes from a very long time ago.
"Didn't you go to high school stupid?"
"Yeah, and I came out the same way!"
(badum-bum-tish)

The graduation ceremony is optional. Nothing horrible happens to actives or inactives if they just don't bother with it or miss it due to some kind of scheduling or routing glitch. I still put my sims through it when I can for the fun of it, but a few of them over the years have missed theirs entirely. In theory, the diploma is supposed to catch up with them in the mail or just appear in their inventory, but NRaas DebugEnabler can be used to generate a new one if this doesn't happen. There is no benefit I can think of in actually having the diploma in one's possession. A YA is automatically presumed to have finished high school.

NRaas SP doesn't change the location of the graduation or the fact that it's optional. With the SP Career add-on module, the player can turn the entire graduation situation off so that it never fires, turn it off for the inactives only for when there would otherwise be no actives graduating on the same day, or change the valid days of the week on which it can be scheduled. NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Situations > Options:Grads/Proms/Curfew.
Field Researcher
#7168 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 9:57 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 31st Oct 2017 at 4:26 AM.
Thank you for the info @igazor!

I've been playing with mods installed for so long (including many NRaas), that I can't remember how things happen in-game without them, or some of them. I was more confused when I read a page on 'Generations' EP changes and it mentioned graduating at the school.

I do like to have the graduations for actives and non-actives, the positive moodlets alone make it worthwhile.

"Didn't you got to high school..."

I don't know which is funnier, "...got to high school stupid" or "...go to high school stupid." Either way
Field Researcher
#7170 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Yeah often I'm somewhat confused too when I play basegame with patch 1.

Maybe one time I should try to play my shannified berry sweets but without mods.

I shudder to think what it would be like to go that far back and play (base game + first patch). Then again, I do find myself wishing to go back in time.

Lord help me, I had to go and look up shannified. I haven't even explored Berry Sweets yet
Site Helper
#7171 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
I shudder to think what it would be like to go that far back and play (base game + first patch). Then again, I do find myself wishing to go back in time.

I remember playing Base Game with only the first patch. One of my sims ran around the neighborhood collecting anything that was there, and then discovered getting metals smelted and gems cut. One at a time. The "Cut all" and "Smelt all" options weren't there yet. The poor guy spent 4 days straight in just loading the mailbox.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#7172 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 4:30 AM
I lol'd remembering what we used to put our Sims through way back when. *And for what we still do to them.
Scholar
#7173 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I just went to hell for you, @pirate_wolf_12 by trying to log in "there". It worked fine, and I don't think I was there long enough for the evil shadow to catch me. Whew! Are you sure you have cookies enabled? I have gotten that message if I did not have my cookies- damn now I want cookies. Oh course, you are logged in here, so you probably do. I would try a few more times and then contact customer (not much) support. Accounts do get hijacked from that lovely site.

Your sacrifice will not be forgotten, soldier.
Test Subject
#7175 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 6:39 AM
I recently moved my family into a new house. It was quite spacious, but everytime sims wanted to interact with each other, they left the house and did it in the corner of the lot. When I moved them to another house, everything was fine. Anyone knows why that happened?
Page 287 of 385