Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 10:02 PM
Yea I cant wait for it! although its not until May, I am way too excited!

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 9:34 AM
That sounds awesome.
In a few weeks I should be going on a field trip to Blickling Hall in Norfolk.

So I'm looking forward to that, just look how beautiful it is. Trouble is, it's a few hours coach journey from University(in Lincoln), but apart from that, I'm looking forward to it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 12:19 AM
That sounds great, Fergus! And looks awesome! I would love to visit Europe but sadly I cannot! Its on my bucket list though

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#29 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 9:12 AM
I've spent last week in Amsterdam. It was gorgeous, I fell in love. So many gorgeous historic homes. So many interesting modern designs. Delicious food, great views and scenery. I can't wait to return some day.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#30 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 2:55 PM
I went to Amsterdam last Summer for the first time, it truly is an amazing place In July I'm going to Japan and Turkey I can't wait ^^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Scholar
#31 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:04 PM
Oooh, sounds exotic. I loved it in Amsterdam. The historic architecture was really amazing, so was some of the modern architecture. One of my favourite buildings there was the Palace.
Screenshots
Theorist
#32 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 12:37 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 10th Nov 2014 at 4:15 AM.
Right here in the US is fine with me.
I prefer the architecture of private residences over public buildings.

Many public buildings, especially in Europe, are of the older, more ornamental architectural styles, which I don't care for at all.
To me, they bespeak old-world oppression, basically. It's not a big deal to build grandiose structures on the backs of what amounts to slave labor or indentured servitude.
The same obviously also applies to castles and palaces. I can appreciate those kinds of buildings in a historical sense, but not in an architectural sense.

The notable exception to this are some of the relatively newer brutalist buildings and monuments, which might seem odd, since the style is often associated with the Soviet era, but that was different kind of oppression, imo.

I think the US still has the most to offer, in regard to various styles of residential architecture.

Edit: By "public buildings" I mostly mean government buildings, not things like banks.

Page 2 of 2