Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 11:12 PM
Omg, thank you so much!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#77 Old 5th May 2015 at 10:08 AM
This is still working in my game patch of may the 4`th
Test Subject
#78 Old 18th May 2015 at 10:46 AM
It does not work please help.... i downloaded a lot of stuff but nothing really works tho. I pasted the resource. Fcg bla blw bla things but no miracle. I organized it wEll but still no effect! No matter hoW Hard i try it doesnt work! Who else has this problem.?
dodgy builder
#79 Old 18th May 2015 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by largedog
It does not work please help.... i downloaded a lot of stuff but nothing really works tho. I pasted the resource. Fcg bla blw bla things but no miracle. I organized it wEll but still no effect! No matter hoW Hard i try it doesnt work! Who else has this problem.?

It depends on what you download. I found out modded mods has to be the way the modder says on the description. I see I still have sim stuff for cas in subfolders and they work. It may be different ways to do it. You just have to test. You also have to enable script mods in Origin and in the options in the game.
Test Subject
#80 Old 20th May 2015 at 12:44 AM
To make the coding (ish) part more easier use notepad++ you can download it here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
it makes the coding much more simple and easy to edit! and its FREE!!!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:19 AM
Hello I just wanted to say thank you for this information. I haven't tried it out yet but i'm clear on what to do and was wondering if I could do this! I'm brand new at 'mods' so it's very helpful! I'll let you know if it works for me as soon as i've re-installed my game....(had a few probs!) Thanks again!
Test Subject
#82 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 4:12 AM
This isn't working after downloading the new Patio Stuff pack. Help!
Test Subject
#83 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:19 AM
Sorry
#84 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 11:10 AM
This worked for me. i just downloaded a text editor from https://www.textpad.com/download/index.html and used that to change the resource file. Thanks for the help :3
Test Subject
#85 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 6:13 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm really confused. Does creating these subfolders allow you to see what's in them inside the game? I really want a way to view all the items in a room set at once so that I can make the room without having to search for everything. I was using the search feature in the game, but then I downloaded multiple sets with the same name and now I can't desipher which item goes to which set. I'm wondering if making these sub folders will allow me to go in game and select a set, like I did in Sims 3.
Test Subject
#86 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 8:24 PM
Thank you for this info muchly....i have the resource.cfg rewritten as
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

But now what do i do as for getting these "invisible" mods to appear. For example, how i do make a sub folder to get the hair located here:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...-up/id/1290279/

To work for me? Im confused as all heck, and am such a noob to modding sims 4. Back in sims 1 day i had no problems modding, never played 2 or 3.
Test Subject
#87 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 8:41 PM
I fiddled around and i believe i understand how to do it now as a mod that wasnt showing before, now shows. However, i cant get Long Braids by KiaraZurk to work still....can someone attempt to get them to work and tell me how? LOL. Ill wub j00 forveres =D
Test Subject
#88 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 8:05 AM
For two days I have been going thru my custom content to find out what was wrong. My game was unable to load!
I am an organizing fanatic. Sub-folder-ed to death! For me right now if I do this it crashes my game.

I did try everything I can think of to get it to work with this change to the resource cfg file right now it wont work for me.
I have been playing sims since the beginning.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#89 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 11:04 PM
This does not need to be done manually any more now:

Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruModSquad
FYI in today's patch (1.11.64) when the mod resource.cfg is created by the game it will now look like:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package

... to better match the manual edits you guys are making to it.

Note that the game only generates the file if it does not exist, it will not update an existing cfg file. Thanks to @crinrict for the suggestion.

Source

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 4:13 PM
I want to say, "Thank You" this makes it so much easier to sort files instead of having a bunch of files and not know what is what and so forth. Thank you so much for this mod.
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 1:09 AM
I looked at my Resource.cfg and it already had it in there! I guess EA started doing for us?
Forum Resident
#92 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 2:08 AM
Default TS4 Mod Manager
Quote: Originally posted by SynnJynn13
I looked at my Resource.cfg and it already had it in there! I guess EA started doing for us?

I always use the TS4 Mod Manager (avail: http://modthesims.info/d/534991) to update my resource.cfg file. I like to put the mods in myself, and this tool will help with that, but I only use this to access my resource.cfg file. Maybe that would help?

So my .cfg looks a bit different from everyone else, so far, only 1 mod has asked me to change my resource.cfg file, the last line in this lineup is for that mod.
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

If you revise your resource.cfg file, be sure to keep an original of this file somewhere? When you change it, it's changed, and does not show you what changes you have made. So going back to a pristine file is difficult if you've made many changes. For me, I know I just have to remove the last line that starts "DirectoryFiles" and my file is back to vanilla.
Test Subject
#93 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 5:08 AM
On the mac it has the same thing. Quick question. Does this mean that there is a maximum of 6 folders deep that the mod folder can go into? So for example I have: Mods/Furniture/Bed Sets/ Bedsets.package (and so on). So because I'm a little OCD about my files, I like to keep the package files within folders. So if I unzip a file and it turns out to be a folder with multiple packages instead of just one package file, would it be too much? And are multiple folders allowed to be placed within the mods folder? So that means folders made for animations, poses, hair, clothing, furniture, etc
Test Subject
#94 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 7:28 PM
i dunno where to post this but i used WinZIP for my sims 4 and like my trail ran out what other stuff can i use to be able to put mods on my game????
Mad Poster
#95 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 8:30 PM
I've been using IZArc for years. it is free.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#96 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 9:01 PM
i tried to use this and extracted to the mods folder and there not showing up im not sure what i am doing wrong
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:26 AM
I always use 7zip, never had a problem with Sims 1,2 or 3
Test Subject
#98 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
I always use the TS4 Mod Manager (avail: http://modthesims.info/d/534991) to update my resource.cfg file. I like to put the mods in myself, and this tool will help with that, but I only use this to access my resource.cfg file. Maybe that would help?

So my .cfg looks a bit different from everyone else, so far, only 1 mod has asked me to change my resource.cfg file, the last line in this lineup is for that mod.
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package

If you revise your resource.cfg file, be sure to keep an original of this file somewhere? When you change it, it's changed, and does not show you what changes you have made. So going back to a pristine file is difficult if you've made many changes. For me, I know I just have to remove the last line that starts "DirectoryFiles" and my file is back to vanilla.

How do I find this file? where will it be located.
Test Subject
#99 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:44 AM
Oh, Just click oon the "New Folder" Button and write a name click enter and be a PRO!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:28 PM
Default try this resource.cfg
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Have I done something wrong here or is it something else?

yes try this is more deep .

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package
PackedFile *\*\*.package
PackedFile *\*\*\*.package
PackedFile *\*\*\*\*.package
PackedFile *\*\*\*\*\*.package
DirectoryFiles inteenmods autoupdate
DirectoryFiles CSM autoupdate
DirectoryFiles NW autoupdate