Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 10:38 AM
I see in this thread that this is for the CAS demo, but do you still need to all that stuff now with the full game?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:23 AM
Help! trying to download a specific mod
1.I have edited my resource.cfg to read (Resource DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate.cfg)
2.I had added a subfolder and downloaded the uppacked version and directly dragged that into the unpacked folder that I have placed in "MOD's folder. In other words I did not extract it I downloaded it like other non conflicting mods to this one.
3. I run the game and nothing happens the emotion changes like normal but when i get tired for example it never goes to "Dazed" its just plain ol uncomfortable. Also when I exit the game and go back into my mods folder there is another plain resource.cfg that generates automatically in addition to my edited one

I have no idea what I am doing wrong I have looked on the forms but I suppose I need some further or better instructions. And all of my CC is showing up so no issues there. Help !

this is the mod im trying to download http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534445
Scholar
#53 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LVDYHVWKE
1.I have edited my resource.cfg to read (Resource DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate.cfg)
2.I had added a subfolder and downloaded the uppacked version and directly dragged that into the unpacked folder that I have placed in "MOD's folder. In other words I did not extract it I downloaded it like other non conflicting mods to this one.
3. I run the game and nothing happens the emotion changes like normal but when i get tired for example it never goes to "Dazed" its just plain ol uncomfortable. Also when I exit the game and go back into my mods folder there is another plain resource.cfg that generates automatically in addition to my edited one

I have no idea what I am doing wrong I have looked on the forms but I suppose I need some further or better instructions. And all of my CC is showing up so no issues there. Help !

this is the mod im trying to download http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534445

You should have edited your resource.cfg file to read:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

If your game is generating another one it is because you did not edit it correctly or you left it as resource.txt after you saved it; you have to rename it back to resource.cfg
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 10:11 AM
It doesnt work for me i just paste it and nothing changes
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 7:06 AM
Default update:
My apology's, I didnt mention that I did update the resource.cfg file look like that through word pad and I saved it back as resourse.cfg but it is still is generating another file and has the txt. icon...I believe another person posted a similar issue. I'm still puzzled on what step I'm not completing properly.
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
You should have edited your resource.cfg file to read:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package

If your game is generating another one it is because you did not edit it correctly or you left it as resource.txt after you saved it; you have to rename it back to resource.cfg
Scholar
#56 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 10:24 AM
My apology's, I didnt mention that I did update the resource.cfg file look like that through word pad and I saved it back as resourse.cfg but it is still is generating another file and has the txt. icon...I believe another person posted a similar issue. I'm still puzzled on what step I'm not completing properly.

the file you edited name is now resource.cfg after you finished editing & saving & renaming and NOT resource.cfg.txt - is that correct?
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 3:14 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 12th Jan 2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4646852, 4646856
correct, well it looks as though it is correct. Also as a little update it is not generating a duplicate resource.cfg but yeah mod not working still.
. Is there a way to just start over and get a brand new resource.cfg file because even it i delete this one it will show up the exact same way if I make another one. Also as a little update it is not generating a duplicate resource.cfg but yeah mod not working still.

the file you edited name is now resource.cfg after you finished editing & saving & renaming and NOT resource.cfg.txt - is that correct?

By the way thank you for helping me on this, I'd like to think I do okay at moding but I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time on this one.

Screenshots
Scholar
#58 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 5:26 AM
correct, well it looks as though it is correct. Also as a little update it is not generating a duplicate resource.cfg but yeah mod not working still.
. Is there a way to just start over and get a brand new resource.cfg file because even it i delete this one it will show up the exact same way if I make another one. Also as a little update it is not generating a duplicate resource.cfg but yeah mod not working still.

Take out your mods folder and place on your desktop, then use the repair function in Origin when you right-click the picture of the game; it should generate a brand new mods folder with a new resource.cfg file in it. I wish you all the luck.
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 6:21 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 12th Jan 2015 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4646955, 4646958, 4646950
Thank you. Any idea on why that mod isn't working though? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534445
Take out your mods folder and place on your desktop, then use the repair function in Origin when you right-click the picture of the game; it should generate a brand new mods folder with a new resource.cfg file in it. I wish you all the luck.

so i took out my mods folder and used the repair ...and nothing happend it didnt generate a new mods folder
Thank you. Any idea on why that mod isn't working though? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534445

also ...i redownloaded the resource.cfg and it still looks exactly the same. this is super frustrating.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#60 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 12:10 PM
LVDYHVWKE, can you please not double and triple post? Thank you.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#61 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 1:40 PM
so i took out my mods folder and used the repair ...and nothing happend it didnt generate a new mods folder

After repair did you restart the game? it should have generated a new mods folder. Also you wrote : also ...i redownloaded the resource.cfg and it still looks exactly the same. this is super frustrating. Where did you put this if you did not have a mods folder?
Test Subject
#62 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 3:06 AM
no i did not restart the game.oops...well i just put my old mods folder back in and i found the resource.cgf file that wasn't attached to notepad and i put it back in the mods folder.im a little scared to edit the resource.cfg in notepad because last time it looked funky although my mods and game were working properly. and cc showing up which i dont have much of at the moment.

QUOTE=amc462000]After repair did you restart the game? it should have generated a new mods folder. Also you wrote : also ...i redownloaded the resource.cfg and it still looks exactly the same. this is super frustrating. Where did you put this if you did not have a mods folder?[/QUOTE]
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 3:07 AM Last edited by LVDYHVWKE : 14th Jan 2015 at 1:52 AM. Reason: REPLY
You've got it. My apologies.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
LVDYHV WKE, can you please not double and triple post? Thank you.

GUH.heres your edit button happy?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#64 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 7:39 AM
You've got it. My apologies.
...she said making a douple post.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 9:10 AM
I'm confused as to why we need to edit this file at all. I have at least 8 subfolders in my mods folder and everything seems to be showing up in my game just fine...
Test Subject
#66 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 11:58 AM
Thank you. It perfectly works for me. I was suffering from so many packages items and dizzy.
Test Subject
#67 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 9:06 PM Last edited by penélope : 16th Jan 2015 at 9:16 AM.
Something really weird is happening to me: yesterday I modified my resource.cfg file and it worked like a charm. Today though I cannot load the game unlessI replace the resource.cfg with the original one. I thought that it was due to some corrupted mod, but I tried to launch the game by checking each folder and it works perfectly, but as soon as I modify the .cfg file I get this error that says that it's impossible to launch the game becase there are files missing or corrupted. Does anyone know any solution?

Just for the record, this is the coontent of the .cfg:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, it still works, I rechecked all folders and found out there was still a bad mod that I removed. Thank you!

Is there any way to add subfolders to the "Tray" folder, though?
Scholar
#68 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 7:45 AM
Default Can't understand how to work mods
Ok, so I've been trying to figure out the situation with the mods and I can't figure it out. I followed the instructions on how to edit the resource cfg and still they don't work. This is what my cfg file looks like
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package
PackedFile *\*\*.package
DirectoryFiles inteenmods autoupdate
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
DirectoryFiles CSM autoupdate
DirectoryFiles NW autoupdate

Have I done something wrong here or is it something else?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#69 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 8:04 AM
Merging with existing thread on the same topic.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Theorist
#70 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 2:46 AM
As far as I know I put the mods in the right (mods folder within my The Sims 4 folder in my documents, but doesn't seem to work. Do I soemthing wrong?
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 12:58 PM
So, I tried this and it worked like charm, although just today my game commited an error "Unable to start: Cannot start because the required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game. [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000]"... Does anyone get this error as well?
Test Subject
#72 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 12:05 AM
Can anyone give me an example of how they have theirs? I've tried multiple ways and cannot get it to work at all. I feel like I'm being really stupid or something ahh >-< what do do?!
Field Researcher
#73 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 10:51 AM
Thanks so much for this info. I was wondering why my mods folder didn't recognize any second subfolders but only 1st subfolders.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:41 AM
I don't know if i'm contradicting someone, but i don't think that is possible.
And besides, why you would want subfolders if the game will not split the content?
Field Researcher
#75 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnisWings
I don't know if i'm contradicting someone, but i don't think that is possible.
And besides, why you would want subfolders if the game will not split the content?

It does work. By editing the code in resource.cfg file, you tell the game to look deeper in the folders within the folders in mods folder. Normally it only looks up to second subfolder. Changing the code increases the "resource" depth.

Ingame, you won't see any changes in the game catalog. This is for keeping your downloads organized so that you can find and remove any specific package file when necessary. Let's say you have a "CAS"/"Hairs/"Female Hairs" sub folder and when there's a problem in CAS, in one of the female hairs, you know where to look for the problem file. It's personal choice and doesn't have any effect in game play.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Page 3 of 5