Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 6:29 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 12th Feb 2014 at 4:51 PM.
The Fisherman Challenge *~SEASONS REQUIRED~*
You are a young, handsome adult, and have just moved into an empty space, ready to build a house. Unfortunatley, you have just been robbed, and are left with only $1000 to build a house. You should buy just the nessecities only. Wait! Seeing as you won't be able to afford groceries and such, you should buy a fish pond, and catch fresh food each day... you may even be able to make a living, and a family...

Getting started:
Create a sim in either Bodyshop or CAS (Male or female)
Move them into an empty lot and reduce funds to $1000 (Ctrl+Shift+C...familyfunds [family name here] 1000)
Then build a house, but start off with a pond. It must be big enough to fish in.

Guidelines:
Live in slightly bad conditions, but fish to eat and earn money. Get a lovely wife/husband and make a large family.
Rules:
You must not get a job, Maxis or Custom. No jobs- that's final.
You must have a pond big enough to fish in. (Seasons is required to fish)
No custom furniture (As usually it is very cheap and motives go up faster.)
you can have any hacks installed, but you can not use them if they change too much about the game. You can have same-sex pregnancy hacks and other things like that. If you do have a hack but you don't know whether it is okay or not, Reply to the thread or PM me, saying what the hack is and what the hack does.
You can have custom walls or floors.
You can move in townies or NPCs or A player sim with less than $10,000 in their family funds.
If anyone moves in with a job, they have to quit after 3 (sim) days.
You must have at least 4 Children by the time you turn elder.
The challenge ends when at least one of your children has children.
The children don't have to be of the fisherman's (CAS sim) spouse.
You can only Fish or Dig for Treasure to earn money.
You may visit any community lots- even custom ones
You can only sell 5 fish per day. You can catch however many you want, but You can only sell 5 fish.
No OFB businesses Until you have at least 3 kids.
You can't sell Mr Humble's computer either.

Scoring:
Each child +1000
Marriage +5000
Pond +50
Age transition +70
First fish +50
Fisherman +200
Social Worker visit -800
Boot -10
Adopt a stray +100
Adopt a child -5 (Have your own kids!)
Maid/Gardener/Nanny death -5 (It may be fun, but it's wrong to murder)
Relative death (Old age excluded) -10
Old age death +50
Platinum death +5000
Ghost +20
Each Supernatural sim +2000 (Vampire or Zombie or Plantsim or Witch or Werewolf)
Diva or Mr Big +1000
Each simoleon +1
Fishing Talent Badge +550 (Each Level [Bronze, Silver, Gold])
Maxmotives cheat -7000
Top hobby enthusiasm in Nature +10
Social bunny -600
Sims having accidents/Passing out -500
Cheating -10,000,000,000

Cheats excluded from ^ above rule:

boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true
boolprop constrainfloorevelation true/false
plumbbobtoggle off/on
maxmotives (each use gives -7000 penalty) (Only for use once per day)

Please send pictures, feedback, suggestions, stories, Questions & other stuff like that... BUT HAVE FUN :D

*Please note this challenge is only compatible with Seasons*

This is my first challenge, so be nice
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 12:58 AM
seems like the poverty challenge but in easy mode. You might want to limit the amount of fish you can sell per day? Otherwise it would just be too easy. The fish sell for a lot.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 3:33 AM
Sounds interesting.
If you adopt a stray, can it have a job?
If you move in someone, and they have a job; do they have to quit?
How do you know if the NPC/townie doesn't have too much money to move in, or is the less than $10,000 for playable sims only?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
Sounds interesting.
If you adopt a stray, can it have a job?
If you move in someone, and they have a job; do they have to quit?
How do you know if the NPC/townie doesn't have too much money to move in, or is the less than $10,000 for playable sims only?

No, the stray cannot have a job... sorry
The NPC/Townie can have as much money as you like, it's only the playable sims that have to have less than $10,000 to move in.
And yes, if someone moves in they are aloowed to keep their job for up to 3 days, but then they must quit. thanks for the questions!

Quote: Originally posted by Seryina
seems like the poverty challenge but in easy mode. You might want to limit the amount of fish you can sell per day? Otherwise it would just be too easy. The fish sell for a lot.

Great idea, actually. you're right, way too easy.
New Rule!: You can only sell up to 5 fish a day. You can catch however many you want, but you can only sell 5.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 6:59 AM
Oh! Sorry I forgot- No OFB businesses Until you have at least 3 kids.
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 7:18 PM
Default Miguel Reed
So, decided to give this thing a go.

Meet Miguel:

His first day...

Moved him in:

And he imediately got straight to fishing.

Catching that first fish took a while:

But soon, he was on his way to catching .... well, ok so he only caught two fish! Oh well . .

I'm sure that the neighbors really loved him taking a shower out in plain view . . . But, whats a man to do, when he has but 1 wall?!

He found some neighborly love, and made a friend, or, crush if you will . . . Too bad she's married, but, I can always just break that romance off [Evil Me♥]

And, at the end of a fun filled day, he finally settled off to sleeping beneath the stars; literally.

Score total day 1:

+50 for the pond
+50 for the first fish
+200 for fisherman
____
=300 total

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 9:13 PM
I don't think it hurts the neighbors too much seeing that Miguel is cute, hee

I've never done a challenge before, and me likes the sound of this one, so I'm gonna try. :D

Niles is trying to grow a moustache. So far it is barely visible
Niles: I grant you, it's at an early stage.
Frasier: What stage? Research and development?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 10:12 PM
This seems fun! I'm going to go start it now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 7:46 AM
Wow, clw8! Miguel is cute! I'm suer his 'crush' wouldn't mind breaking up with said hubby for him!

Kuroftw, thank yooouuuu!

Jocusdorkus, Thanks! Oh, and I agree about Miguel :dance:

It's really nice to see people taking an interest in my challenge, I feel special! lol

And, If you come across a few bumps in the road, please tell me, and maybe I can improve it!

Oh, and also I'm gonna change the fishing limits for the first day.
On the first day, and the first day only, you can sell as many fish as you want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 8:00 AM
My Fisher-woman!
Hello! I'm half-way through play testing
I really need to finish though, to make sure every little thing, gonna be alright!
Okay, so here's my Fisherwoman, Lucie Fisher!

I don't know why, but it rains a lot now. Those evil-deevil witches are out to get me! Grrrr

Having accidents -500
Simoleons $48 +48
Pond +50
First fish +50

Total:
-152..... This isn't going so well :S
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 6:48 PM
Default Miguel . . . Days 2 - 4
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback

So, Miguels 2nd thru 4th day.
He got straight to fishing, and, eventually got a Bronze Talent Badge. This also helped in catching tons of fish faster, and selling the maximum every day helped with the cash flow.

He also took up the occasional digging, but, didn't find much. His biggest find was a treasure map, sold it, of course

He made yet another friend, and this one even came back the next day and visited him, surprise, surprise! (He hasn't seen his secrete lover again, since night 1.... He'll probably need to walk next door to the community pool to find her)

And, by the end of the fourth day, he had enough cash to build a 3x3 shed. Just in time for the rain to set in for the day!

Totals:
+300 from the first day (posted in last post)
+550 for the Bronze badge
+53 for cash on hand
-40 for those silly size 11 boots he fishes out of the pond
_______
863 points!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 8:46 PM
Default Well done!
Hehe, well done clw8, you're doing better than me- at my own challenge! Miguel is awesome and I'm glad you enjoy the challenge
Scholar
#13 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadsy01
Hehe, well done clw8, you're doing better than me- at my own challenge! Miguel is awesome and I'm glad you enjoy the challenge

Thanks.. and yeah, it's pretty fun It's a good change up from regular boring game play. I must keep reminding myself of the goals of this challenge though .. .

i need to go get this guy some kiddies!

#14 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 10:28 PM
Default Elspeth Makinley: Day One

Right away got to work fishing. It started to rain.

Quite quickly she caught one.

And then was struck by lightning. I was afraid this would be game over, she was going down hill quickly and would not fish at all. So I set her to digging for treasure. She found a couple rocks and several bones, enough to buy a shower to clean herself up. But she was still going downhill, close to starvation, so I got her to dig for treasure again, and she found a treasure chest which sold for $5,000. Bought a mini fridge so she could have a snack so she would not starve. I did not get to spend the rest of it before the day ended. (I take it the day ends at 00 hours?). If it had not been for the treasure chest I would have failed the first day, haha.

Pond + 50
First fish + 50
Fisherman(woman) + 200
Simoleons $4,816 +4,816
Struck by lightning -500
#15 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 10:34 PM
Through the first few days. My fisherman Theodore Barker married the woman from my Transient Challenge (I can't remember her name. :x) and she brought in 1,000 simoleons! She's now pregnant with their first child. I just hope that I'll have enough money for walls and a roof so the social worker doesn't come. *laughs*

Pond +50
Fisherman +200
First fish +100
Boot -20
Marriage +5000
Simoleons +1,279
Bronze badge +550

Total: 7159
#16 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:17 AM
Default Elspeth Makinley: Days Two through Seven
Poor Elspeth has been having it rough. She has not done well with fishing, often refusing to, so I have resorted to treasure hunting once again, which she seems to be quite good at. She has found more bones, a couple maps, and a couple random things. While cooking spaghetti, her stove caught on fire, and having no fire alarm, she had to extinguish it herself. Finally put the stove out, but the cabinet beside it caught fire. By the time that one was out, the other one had caught on fire. Finally got it completely extinguish and she got to eat her now burnt dinner, only to fall asleep in it because of exhaustion. The rest of the days have been an uphill struggle, she is still refusing to fish. The area around her house is infested with roaches and she has caught the flu and is bed ridden.

Met Britney.

Britney hung out for awhile. She fished more than Elspeth did.

Stove caught on fire.

Passed out in her food.

Previous day total +4,616 points
Fire -500
Passing out -500
Bronze fishing badge +500
$2,024 Simoleons +2,024
#17 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:58 AM
Default days 5 and beyond! finally lost count!
5 days and beyond.... like i said, i lost count!

So, Miguel has been doing cool
He had to go on a neighborhood search for his love.

And, yeah, they got in further love.
And she moved in; and they got pregnant.
Sad part? She is married to the Pollination Tech #9, and is elder in 5 days. So, all he is going to be getting outa her is 1 kid... then he's going to have to toss her
So sad... but:

they had fun while it lasted.

And, Miguel struck it rich, and found a treasure chest with $5000 in it!

I am building him a small starter home, but, had to get off the game before i had a chance to take a picture.

863 last time
+550 silver talent badge
approx. 4000 in cash left.

[[This contest is actually a lot, a lot fun! Just really hard for him to meet a girl and fall in love, as, well.... no telephone!]]

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 1:42 AM
I had a bunch of time on my hands today so I finished the challenge.

Pond +50
Fisherman +200
First fish +100
Boot -160
Marriage +5000
Simoleons +7,887
Child +5000
Age transition +490
Bronze badge +550
Silver badge +550
Bronze badge +550
Silver badge +550
Bronze badge +550
Gold badge +550

Grand total: 21,867
Not too bad!

Edit- Forgot I had 4 fires, so that brings my total down to 19,867
Scholar
#19 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 3:16 AM
Default Miguel Updates
So, just whats been going on with Miguel you wonder?

Well, I mentioned last time that he had enough money from that treasure chest to build a home:

That empty room was going to be a den, but, now it's going to be the children's room.

Lets see, speaking of kids; Obvioulsy, kissing your lover in front of her spouse is a BAD idea!!!!!

And so, Miguel and PT#9 got into it:

And then Miguel slapped around his ex-lover....and she hated him too:

So, I moved her out, but, left Miguel with two cute twins:
Michael & Elizabeth

5413 total last time
+1000 baby Elizabeth
+1000 baby Michael
________
7413 total this time

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 9:37 AM
Jealousy!!!!!!!!
Everyone's doing better than me at my own challenge!
So, Kuroftw did you come across any problems while finishing it? By the way, nice total, I reckon my total's going to be about -9000!

Oh, and clw8, Elizabeth and Michael are adorable! You should get another lover quick, before the twins get out of control!

Usagimune, Elspeth is very pretty, I wonder what her kids might look like?

By the way everyone, you can have any hacks installed, but you can not use them if they change too much about the game. You can have same-sex pregnancy hacks and other things like that. If you do have a hack but you don't know whether it is okay or not, Reply to the thread or PM me, saying what the hack is and what the hack does.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nadsy01
Jealousy!!!!!!!!
Everyone's doing better than me at my own challenge!
So, Kuroftw did you come across any problems while finishing it? By the way, nice total, I reckon my total's going to be about -9000!

Nope, none at all. Very fun challenge! I might do it again :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:19 PM
Usagimune, seeing as Elspeth isn't doing too well, I will permit everyone currently doing it for one free maxmotives (Meaning you can do maxmotives and not get penelized)
#23 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:49 PM
That is ok. I sort of enjoy the challenge Elspeth is giving me, haha. Guess that is what I get for making a stubborn, Irish woman, heh. I do hope her kids are pretty. I might go make a guy and stick in a random house in the neighborhood and hope he wanders by. Am I allowed to do that? I would use Family Funds to make his funds less than $10,000.

I think hacks resulting with how many babies your Sim have like the one by TwoJeffs should not be allowed, otherwise they could have four babes at once.

[Edit] Should I deduct points from myself? I had to use boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true to get my Sim unstuck. She was not moving and neither was the time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:53 PM
Of course you are allowed to do that. What I did with Lucie was I made her dream guy live next door, and the flames started up quick.

I agree about the hack thing. Well done for thinking about that. The most kids you are allowed at once are 2, a set of natural twins.
Scholar
#25 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 2:26 PM
Hey, just so there is no doubt about those two twins, yes, I do have the pregnancy hack installed that lets you have up to 4 babies, but, I didn't use it when those two were born. I let the game choose the original # of babies, which, is normally just 1, but, I seem to be on a twin spree lately!

Just thought I'd mention that

Page 1 of 3