Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 9:14 AM Last edited by alchemist : 21st Aug 2011 at 11:14 AM.
Default Need Help: "Resource List" in SimPE doesn't show up
HI everyone,

I hope very much someone knows how to solve this.

I'm just working myself through the "Object Creation for Beginners" tutorial by Moune. (It's using a dining table, "The Talking Table", to clone, change mesh and surface and so on.) The tutorial is very comprehensible, I cloned the object, saved all the files, now I'm trying to extract the mesh so I can fiddle around with it.

that's where it goes bad.

Problem:

I get the "Resource Tree" window, I click on the file "Geometric Data Container", I should have a "Resrouce List" window, and I don't have it. There's no little icon or tab for it among the other tabs at the bottom and right side of SimPE, either.

What I tried so far:

- I tried opening/closing every single tab and icon in the icon bars, where all the icons are (Object workshop, Finder, Resource Tree, Plugin View and so on).
- I used the "Window" drop-down menu at the top of SimPE to check "Resource List". I can check it, and uncheck it, but neither the window nor the icon show up.
- closed SimPE, started the whole tutorial again from scratch.
- took a screen shot just in case that might help. Here is:

I hope very much someone here can help me, because this is so frustrating. There's so much custom content I'd love to create, and so far I understand everything in the tutorials, but I won't get far if I can't so much as extract the package file for a mesh!

thanks in advance. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:36 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Try resetting the layout. One of those buttons along there does that, but you can also do it via the Preferences menu.

Yay, working! You, sir or madam, are a scholar, a ["gentleman", "lady" or recruit's choice of adress] and a genius. Thanks ever!