Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 8:06 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:41 PM.
Default String Me Challenge
I ran across this challenge and it looks like a lot of fun. I thought I'd pass it on to others who may want to try.

The challenge involves reaching the top of your career without skilling! The person who designed it said she didn't give away all the secrets to achieving this. If and when I run across anything she didn't mention, I'll post them here. Please do the same if you try this challenge.

At my first attempt, I have a sim working her way to being a celebrity chef. She has no skills but her good friend and co-worker just "pulled some strings" and got her that next promotion. So currently, she has received 2 promotions without doing a thing other than sucking up to coworkers

Here's a link to her website and the challenge details. They are simple rules and apparently you this can be played with the basic game or any expansion pack.

http://www.asimwen.com/TS2/

Happy simming.
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 12:43 PM
This challege was a lot of fun. I reached the top of the culinary career track with literally little to no skills. I rather enjoyed spending time making friends and going on outings rather than skilling.

Tips, it's now always the last person who comes home in your carpool who ends up pulling strings for you, however, it's always a co-worker. I found that there was 2-3 people who always seemed to help my sim get a promotion. I also thought I had to "who hoo" my way to the top but found two best friends just got me promoted.
#3 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 7:05 PM
Omg! I never knew this was possible lol. I always thought the people my sims brought home were more of a nuisance. They come and eat my food. This sounds like a great challenge! My sims always tend to become anti-social since they work/study hard to get promotions and such. This sounds so fun, going to try this one^^
#4 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 7:42 PM
Hmm, I may have to play around with that a bit. I normally just send the people from the carpools home immediately.
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SadPanda
Omg! I never knew this was possible lol. I always thought the people my sims brought home were more of a nuisance. They come and eat my food. This sounds like a great challenge! My sims always tend to become anti-social since they work/study hard to get promotions and such. This sounds so fun, going to try this one^^

I agree, I hated making friends, going on outings, dates, vacations, etc, instead I just kept my sim skilling and usually did the dreaded phone call to "just talk" to friends to keep them around. I really enjoyed this challenge because it allowed me to play the game in ways I haven't before. I may never skill again!

Try it, it's lots of fun!
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 3:03 PM
I started this challenge a few nights ago with a sim named Annette. Unfortunately she seems to fall in love (all on her own, somehow) with everyone she hangs out with. Out of 10 best friends, 8 are lovers haha.

So far she has had the initial promotion, one by a chance card, another from good reputation, and finally a co-worker pulled some strings. Halfway to the top before she is halfway to an elder!!

I have gotten tired of the whole have a baby and stay at home thing, so this is a great challenge to just focus on one sim and the different downtown areas.
#7 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 2:47 PM
Sorry for double posting, but my edit button on my last thread wasn't doing anything.

Update 12/5: Annette is now an elder. I had hoped to have her to the top of the career by now, but she keeps bringing the same low level co-worker home. I think he is using her for free meals and trips downtown. Oh and woohoo. She is now up to 15 best friends and all but maybe 3 are lovers. She rolled a want to get engage to one, so I let her propose and she ended up with a negative memory about it. MAKE UP YOUR MIND GIRL!!!

One the day she became and elder she adopted a child. She's a very pretty little girl named Arianna, I think. She also bought a bigger house in downtown and is spending all her hard earned simoleons fixing it up. It's well deserved since she spent her whole adult life with just the bare minimums.

Now I'm onto finding 5 more best friends to complete her lifetime want. I think her good life meter, whatever that thing that came with freetime, may fill up first though. Only 3 promotions left. Please bring someone else home Annette. PLEASE!!

UPDATE 12/12: Annette FINALLY reached the top of her career, not from a co-worker, but from a good reputation promotion. She now wanders aimlessly around the house, or alternates between throwing the cat in the air and playing guitar - very poorly.

As a teenager, Arianna got into private school (there was a failed attempt during her childhood), became an overachiever, and racked up quite a few scholorships and skill points. She is now a sophomore in college, with a major in Philosophy. She is casually dating her professor, nothing serious yet.